The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-19-2017, 12:03 AM   #3721
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

OR

Put out?
Old 06-15-2017, 10:23 PM   #3722
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I was perusing the MSN homepage for news stories and an article about the military organization I served in shows up. It originally comes from Business Insider. It looks like it could be a recruiting vehicle; but, doesn't say it's sponsored or a paid advertisement. The military has been complaining about being stretched too thin and I'm wondering if this article was somehow finagled.

Many articles about my old organization have been written before; but, the timing is awkward and writing suspicious on this one. It certainly struck me as weird to find it in with the news articles. See what you think:

Why Green Berets are the smartest, most lethal fighters in the world
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:01 AM   #3723
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

It's certainly a complimentary fluff piece, possibly the Army wanted it because all the press the SEALs have been getting the last couple years.
But I doubt they had to pay him just ask a favor, with all his military connections through Duffel Blog and wtf,over.
On the other hand he may be a crook, you know, living in San Clemente and all.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:53 PM   #3724
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Man Gets Home Confinement After Robbing Bank to Get Away from Wife

Lawrence John Ripple, who wanted to go to prison to get away from his wife, has instead been sentenced to six months home confinement and 50 hours of community service for bank robbery on Tuesday, said federal prosecutors.

The 71-year-old Ripple pleaded guilty to one count of bank robbery in January, and originally faced 37 months in prison.

LawNewz.com readers might remember his name. We previously wrote about him and the Sept. 2., 2016, robbery. The FBI said he walked into a bank, and gave the teller a note: “I have a gun give me your cash.” Ripple got $2,924 for the effort, but instead of running, he stayed, and gave himself up to authorities.

Why did the would-be bank robber do it? FBI Special Agent Eric Beltz said that Ripple told investigators his motive: the Ripple marriage hit a rough spot.

“During the post Miranda interview, Ripple relayed that he and his wife had an argument at home and Ripple no longer wanted to be in the situation. Ripple wrote out his demand note in front of his wife Remedios Ripple and told her he’d rather be in jail than at home. Ripple then walked to the bank and robbed it.”
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:26 PM   #3725
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Remember the video of the Hummvees freefalling out of the sky?

Soldier charged in Humvees’ free-fall

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:19 PM   #3726
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

John Popper From Blues Traveler Will Not Stop Posting Aerial Pictures of My House

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:15 AM   #3727
glatt

At least these assholes are keeping it in one thread.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:27 AM   #3728
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Remember when you agreed to take the mod job you said you wouldn't be able to be on that much, mostly on weekends?
Of course technology marches on, then comes the growing creep of time consumed, and the feeling of obligation to check just to make sure.

You're doing a good job, thank you.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:31 PM   #3729
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
You're doing a good job, thank you.
Quoted for truth.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:33 PM   #3730
glatt

Hey. No big deal. It's not much work. I'm just offended that they would sully the cellar.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #3731
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Your Oddly Entertaining Weird News Item Of The Day

So...

The gay, female-identifying, 24-year old male stripper accuses his 67-year old partner (yep, sexual relationship) of being a cannibal. 67-year old Honey-Bunch pulls a gun, it goes off. Of course it hits no one. The stripper then stabs Honey-Bunch in both eyes with a pen. Not satisfied that Honey-Bunch knows he's crossed a line, Boy Toy then grabs a piece of wood, jams it down Honey-Bunch's throat, and then, just to drive his point home...stomps the piece of wood even further down the man's throat.

Boy Toy then grabbed a backpack, stole some money and escaped out a window. Naked.

The bright side to all this?

It's the first time in six years Honey-Bunch got wood without taking a little blue pill.

Link

Old 08-17-2017, 01:05 PM   #3732
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I think that could be a David Lynch movie.

Old 08-24-2017, 02:35 PM   #3733
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

How do you thank the firefighters who saved eighteen of your piglets, and two sows, from the blaze?

Sausages. Made from the pigs you saved.

Old 08-24-2017, 03:04 PM   #3734
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Excellent comment from that article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald
Out of the fire, into the frying pan?
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:49 AM   #3735
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  casket.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  27.9 KB

Hummer with casket on roof leads police on high speed chase