Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #406
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Freudian frig slip?
Old 05-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #407
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

What if you put the cap back on and lie it down?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:35 PM   #408
Griff
still says videotape

We came around a corner to see the local scumbag kids riding bikes 6 abreast on our windey pot hole strewn road over a blind knoll. A few seconds later we met a teenage girl driving up behind them with her feet out the window, apparently leaving the pedals to the dick wad in the passenger seat. We were just trying to get home alive on memorial day weekend. Thankfully they don't wear helmets so some may not be breeders.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:38 PM   #409
Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
What if you put the cap back on and lie it down?
cap? ha!

I'm afraid it will leak.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:57 PM   #410
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Decant it into empty water bottles.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:35 PM   #411
Cloud

which you are not supposed to re-use because they harbor bacteria. Are you TRYING to get me sick?
Old 05-26-2008, 06:52 AM   #412
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

assholes. Who don't read posts. That's what pissing me off.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:43 AM   #413
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
assholes. Who don't read posts. That's what pissing me off.
It looked like the humor bit wasn't "got" or the need to preach superceded it...
Old 05-27-2008, 09:44 AM   #414
trulytasteless
sttttudderrr much?

special needs

people who whine an awful lot.
it reminds me of my 17 year old brother in a chat room.
he chats with total strangers so he can complain
and it's stupid.
trulytasteless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #415
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

HM.

Just venting.

This morning, about 04.00 he woke me up. Not him specifically, but the female voice of the person downstairs with him. I dozed off, but was woken again, twice. At this point I more or less wake myself up by huffing and puffing and checking the clock - 04.30. Insupportable! On a work night?!

So I call his name down the stairs. He responds, "Yes?" and I ask if he can keep the noise down. Okay - it wasn't loud, but when I took my earplugs out prior to calling, I realised that not only were they talking in normal voices, but there was music on too. Which - although that wasn't what woke me - I also feel is unreasonable at 04.30 on a weeknight.

This morning - tired because the adreneline rush of the "confrontation" left me sleepless for another 30 mins - I get up & go downstairs. There's a note on the table for me. Expecting the apology I haven't had all the last times he's woken me up in the last 3 weeks I read it, half smiling. WE NEED TO TALK - S.

I literally had the breath knocked out of me. I sat down. I felt like I'd been punched. Sorry to be melodramatic - I feel emotions physically and this is what happened.

I got ready for work and after thinking and thinking and thinking I wrote on the same note: Sure, no problem. Obviously we can't talk til I get home from work. So reading this message - brusque, all in capitals is going to make me worry all day.

So. No call at the office. I did worry all day. I worked hard, but every third thought in my head was a worry about the huge row I was going to walk into when I got home, and how I could defend myself against claims that I was out of order. And how much of the past would be dragged into the row.

When I got home, HM was quite cheery. Housecleaning as he said he would. Asked how my day was - crummy - I replied, honestly. I didn't tell him I'd had acid reflux all day through worrying. Or that I dreaded 18.00 and had my head in my hands at various points through the day just thinking about it.

So we had our "chat". He was all about, "how can we deal with this so it suits us both?" But he also said, "I'm not going to not do this" and "I finally have a chance at a social life and I need to take it" and "This is going to happen more and more so we need to find a way around it".

I am irritated by the lack of apology, by his demeanour which would have been appropriate to someone arguing the toss, but was overly aggressive given my completely broken response and total capitulation, to the fact that even when he knew he had left a shouty note and I had responded politely pointing out it was a bad approach he STILL didn't troubel to set my mind at rest.

I know it's his house. This is why I haven't said a bloody word about the recurring disturbances (3 times I've been unable to sleep and had to call down - there's been at least another 3 I can think of immediately where he's woken me up but I've managed to sleep again).

I just hate how you reach a certain point with people and then they turn on this wall of ice. HM has been very very good to me. But on this issue he is in the right and I have obviously overstepped the mark and that is that and if I'm a good girl we'll say no more about my bad behaviour. And yet to me (and I know it's my issue) waking someone up is one of the rudest things you can do that's actually legal. It's such bloody bad manners.

Suck it up. Sigh.

Just venting, like I said.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #416
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
HM.

Just venting.

This morning, about 04.00 he woke me up. Not him specifically, but the female voice of the person downstairs with him. I dozed off, but was woken again, twice. At this point I more or less wake myself up by huffing and puffing and checking the clock - 04.30. Insupportable! On a work night?!

So I call his name down the stairs. He responds, "Yes?" and I ask if he can keep the noise down. Okay - it wasn't loud, but when I took my earplugs out prior to calling, I realised that not only were they talking in normal voices, but there was music on too. Which - although that wasn't what woke me - I also feel is unreasonable at 04.30 on a weeknight.

Maybe you should have tried this:

Quote:
Pete: It's four in the fucking morning!
Shaun: It's Saturday!
Pete: No, it's not. It's fucking Sunday. And I've got to go to fucking work in four fucking hours 'cos every other fucker in my fucking department is fucking ill! Now can you see why I'm SO FUCKING ANGRY?
Ed: Fuck, yeah!

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:00 PM   #417
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh that has SO been in my head all day.
In fact I have it up here right now and am tempted to play that part quite loudly...

But no.
I have to get over my irritation and get along because things work better that way.

BTW, Pete's last line is one of my favourites just for the phrasing. I use the same cadence quite often, and no-one gets it. Weirdly enough.

And the front door is open - AGAIN!
Old 05-28-2008, 08:27 PM   #418
Cloud

I have ants. Inside the house.

Get 'em every year when the weather warms up. Don't blame 'em for trying to come inside--I wouldn't want to be out there either.

Gotta spraaaaaaaaaaay!
Old 05-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #419
monster
I hear them call the tide

Time to spread your wings, Sundae....?
Old 05-29-2008, 05:29 AM   #420
Griff
still says videotape

news blurb: We're gonna need booster shots for shingles because we're not being exposed to chicken pox occasionally. How convenient, it's good to be in the vacinne business.

Tags
mild cheddar