We have to go back, Kate!

Yay
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #9077
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Lil' Griff just got her first SAT scores back. Perfect score on the reading section and damn good on the math and writing. This is going to get expensive.

:edit She just looked up the average SAT scores to be accepted to a bunch of schools she has looked at. She meets that criteria for all. Haverford, Cornell, Vasser, Bard, Hamilton, and Welles. I'd assume her public choices were covered as well. *yikes*
She visited SUNY Geneseo yesterday and really loved it. The kids were more down to earth than the private schools, but still nerdy and academically sound. Since she went to a NY high school so we'd pay in-state tuition. w00t
Old 04-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #9078
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Very cool! But do you think it's wise to send your daughter to school so close to such a wiggly river?
Old 04-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #9079
Griff
still says videotape

Is that paddle friendly? You could paddle all day and still be in the same zip code.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #9080
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I believe it is. You could paddle all day and be only a five minute walk from where you parked your car when you put in.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #9081
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Eva has a tooth. I probably should post in the unhappy thread about the loss of sleep over the last couple of nights too.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #9082
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

I have received my packette of brand new shiny brochures from my lead ..

it's a small thing, but I didn't have to ask or beg or cry or whine or threaten for 3 months to get it.... they were just done and sent to me (same with the vinyl display materials that arrived last week)

Its so nice to work with a) all the things I love doing b) with people who respect and appreciate my experience and opinion and position and who actively support each other c) and who are HAPPY to supply the tools one needs to do the job.

*sigh* I just wish I got paid for it.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #9083
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!

Roger Hodgson - New show announced, pre-sale prom code - October 30th

5th Row Centre

Best seats I've ever had for a concert, and only the 2nd concert I've been to in the last 20 years.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #9084
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

I brought my motorcycle home today. It rained on me the whole way, and I got soaked, but I didn't mind. It was 89° here today, and I couldn't stand another day with 50 miles between me and it.

I'm just waiting for my buddy to show up and ride me back to Moms to get my Jeep.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:15 AM   #9085
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Way to Go OE!

@ Jim: ya know...there's something about a viking on a bike that makes me go all girly.

What's making me happy: just got back from our morning walk. We met up with Ma and Nelle. Carrot and Nelle greeted each other like the bestest mates. I still have to be a bit careful: he is a very bouncy dog and one accidental swipe of those raptor claws could easily reopen the nearly healed operation scar down Nelle's side. But they really seem to like each other. Well, by which I mean Carrot totally lurves Nelle and just wants to bounce up and down in exuberance and smother her in kissies. Nelle is remarkably patient with him. I think she likes it when he is busy sniffing something on the ground and she can safely get a good look at him.

Was lovely.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #9086
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I proactively avoided being rear-ended today. (I mean in my car, you pervs.)

To get to Minifobette's therapy clinic, you have to turn left across moderately heavy traffic, and there is no turn lane. It's the sort of thing that was fine when the road was rural, but now it is quite busy and you have to come to a dead stop with your turn signal on for half a minute or more, and the traffic piles up behind you until they can manage to get in the other lane to go around.

It is a death trap, and whenever I'm there I spend most of the time staring in my rear-view mirror, looking for people coming at full speed who don't see that I'm stopped. Today it finally happened, stupid kid had his head turned fully to the side looking at some random thing. I gunned my car forward at the last second, and he still would have hit me but the noise of my tires snapped him out of it and he swerved.

I've been staring in the rear-view mirror at that spot for three years, and it finally paid off. I don't feel so paranoid now.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #9087
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I proactively avoided being rear-ended today. (I mean in my car, you pervs.)
Of course your car, otherwise you wouldn't have avoided it.

Oh, nice defensive driving.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #9088
Griff
still says videotape

Cow-orker didn't come to work today and I took Lil' Griff to see Streetlight Manifesto. Most excellent day.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #9089
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

At her age she should be enjoying stuff like that, but you're supposed to be a responsible adult now. It's a slippery slope, you know.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:24 AM   #9090
Griff
still says videotape

Her dad has been carving that slope for as long as she can remember. I just think its neat that we had Reel Big Fish, Mighty Mighty Boss Tones, and Skatalites in the house when she was a tiny and over the last couple years this ska thing has become a full blown passion.