The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-24-2006, 01:49 PM   #16
vrai_rennx
Voix de Vérité

PETA is a hyporitical organization that needs to get it's priorities straight. I could really get on a soapbox about PETA.

~les beaux esprits se rencontrent~
vrai_rennx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:34 PM   #17
rkzenrage

Ask a PETA if they go to the movies... celluloid is made from animals. Cars have lots of animal products... there are many questions that will shut them up. Corp. vegetable farms kill MANY animals.
PETA, kills many pets, more than all the humane societies combined in it's home state.
Lot of good stuff on YouTube... PETA sucks, it is anti-human and, in the long run, anti-animal. It is nihilist.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:54 PM   #18
vrai_rennx
Voix de Vérité

Yup, and they fund a group called the ALA, Animal Liberation Front, splinter group of the Earth Liberation Front, which the FBI named one of the most dangerous domestic terrorist groups.

Plus, they're against using any drugs tested on animals... Yet their president is diabetic and uses insulin which, OMG tests on animals. Hypocrites.

Old 09-24-2006, 06:05 PM   #19
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Not only tests on animals, but is often processed from animal sources, usually sheep, I think.

There is now a synthetic insulin product, but I don't know how effective it is. One of my (meat eating) friends is on it, but she is such a brittle diabetic it's hard to tell whether it's working well.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:16 PM   #20
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I know someone who was forced to switch after using the critter based insulin for 30 years. It's not going well, in that almost a year later they haven't been able to tune in her right dosage.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:01 AM   #21
Ibby
erika

PETA gets pwned.

I am a vegetarian, but I have little to no problem with other people eating meat. I do have a problem with hunting if the meat isnt eaten, but it's simply my choice to not eat meat, and I'm not gonna tell anyone else not to. I may say I think its simply better not to, and I will admit that I have no factual information saying why I think it's better, but I just do, and so it is. I dont eat it, but I could not care less if other people so.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:26 AM   #22
Griff
still says videotape

If you can eat healthy without meat and it works for you, why not. I like meat and am intollerant when it comes to wheat so I'm sorta limited.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:53 AM   #23
mrnoodle
bent

I think hunting is great. Any and all forms. I used to think trophy hunting was stupid, but I'm gonna throw in with them just because I can't stand animal rights activism.

It started with Bambi, didn't it? The whole notion of talking baby animals with big bulbous eyes being chased by M A N? Thanks, Walt. Now those people have kids who have been raised to think that everything with a nervous system is a human being (or possibly better than human).

That deer? It's meat. It doesn't love its "children", think about its future, or wish upon a frigging star. It knows nothing but stimuli and response, and has no concept of anything outside of eating, breeding, and running away from things. It lives to be grilled and consumed with a nice green salad and glass of zinfandel. If it has larger than average antlers, those antlers will be displayed on my wall -- not because of my feelings about my penis, but because I like the way it (edit: the rack, not my dick) looks and like to tell the story of the hunt to anyone who asks about it.

I have the utmost respect for wildlife, but under no circumstances will I stop eating it.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:09 AM   #24
rkzenrage

I disagree with you about the way animals feel about their young. I have spent an enormous amount of time with deer in the wild and have see their behavior. They are caring loving parents, just like cows & especially pigs... this point has nothing to do with eating them.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:12 AM   #25
vrai_rennx
Voix de Vérité

I have no problem with vegetarians like you, Ibram, who do it because they personally want to. I do have a problem with PETA-level vegans who verbally attack me and call me a cannibal just because I don't mind a hamburger now and then. (I made a rather eventful foray on the peta2 message boards... before my account was deleted because *le gasp* I'm not vegan.)

Old 09-25-2006, 11:24 AM   #26
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
or possibly better than human
sometimes they are.

Quote:
It doesn't love its "children"
how do you know?

Quote:
Zinfandel
figures
Old 09-25-2006, 11:28 AM   #27
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrai_rennx
(I made a rather eventful foray on the peta2 message boards... before my account was deleted because *le gasp* I'm not vegan.)
I used to spend a lot of time on a kayak building message board. We didn't like it when people would visit our board and talk about how to buy plastic kayaks or try to talk about other stuff. The point of the board was to discuss how to best make kayaks.

A specialized board is perfectly justified in banning or moderating a member who is off-topic.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:32 AM   #28
vrai_rennx
Voix de Vérité

Last time I checked, peta was about animal rights. I'm all for animal rights... maybe not to their extreme, but I still am. I don't think makeup should be tested on animals, I'm against wearing fur, and I think hunting should be for sustenance only. I still eat meat, though, because I believe humans are biologically omnivores, and since I don't have the means to go out and hunt my own food, I have to rely on store-bought meat. So sue me. I wasn't off topic, I was just not a vegetarian. I wasn't off topic, I was just there for other aspects of animal rights besides veganism.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:36 AM   #29
rkzenrage

If we eat meat, why not wear the fur, if you wear leather, why not the fur... makes no sense.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:36 AM   #30
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I believe animals should be afforded some rights, too...well, er, uh, except for that first one in this thread:
http://www.cellar.org/showthread.php...770#post267770