The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-22-2018, 01:24 PM   #541
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Has he snagged anyone 30 mil for a single season that they didn't play?[/rhetoricalpoke]

Boras will fer damn sure show you the money, though. Ya don't get that big if ya ain't that good.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 01:48 PM   #542
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Today I learned about The Ring of Silvianus

Name:  ring.JPG
Views: 290
Size:  38.8 KB

(through a Did You Know about The Vyne estate on Wiki's front page), and that it may have been Tolkien's inspiration for The One Ring.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:41 AM   #543
Griff
still says videotape

I did not know that.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:43 PM   #544
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ya reckon ol Silvianus' friends in school called him 'Anus for short?

Old 07-09-2018, 07:53 AM   #545
Griff
still says videotape

What choice would they have?
Old 07-18-2018, 01:17 PM   #546
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

TIL about Chief, the US Army's last living operational cavalry horse. He died in 1968 at 36. He was buried with full military honors, in an upright position, in Ft. Riley Kansas, at the base of the statue 'Old Trooper' (shown below).

Name:  oldtrooper.JPG
Views: 243
Size:  34.9 KB

I also learned that when actress Tilly Keeper auditioned for the role of 'Louise Mitchell' on East Enders, she thought she was trying out for a different part.

In learning that, I learned that Tilly's father's name is Peter. Peter Keeper. Snicker.

I guess the surname of Holder might have been worse.

Old 08-15-2018, 02:15 PM   #547
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Today I learned about the passionflower. Also called the blue passionflower, blue crown, flower of five wounds, "the Japanese call it the clock plant, due to it having 12 petals, a central stamen and stigmas resembling a time pieces's winding mechanism, and curly green tendrils resembling wound springs."

Name:  passionflower.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  71.3 KB

Last edited by Gravdigr; 08-15-2018 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:30 PM   #548
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

That flower just rocks.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:19 PM   #549
Pamela
Deplorable

What a pretty flower! Looks like it was designed on MS Paint.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:14 PM   #550
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
What a pretty flower!
Ain't it, though?

I can't tell ya how long I looked at it.

Old 08-28-2018, 04:37 PM   #551
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Today (literally, just a minute or two ago) I learned about the Devil's Hole pupfish, the world's rarest fish. No wonder. It's only found in a hole in (ok, near) Death Valley, one of the hottest, driest places on Earth.

Name:  pupfishhole.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  142.8 KB

Quote:
Nearly the entire natural range of the species is visible in this photo.
~from the link

Old 08-29-2018, 07:20 AM   #552
glatt

That's pretty amazing.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:55 AM   #553
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Whats that built down there on the side of the lake?
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:45 AM   #554
glatt

Water level gauges. There is massive agricultural activity nearby and there have been numerous lawsuits and regulations regarding how much water the agriculture (in freakin Death Valley of all places) can pump out of the underground aquifer. So the National Park Service measures the water level so they know when the agriculture is pumping more water than they are supposed to be.

Don't get me starting with the fools in the desert Southwest pumping the water out of the ground faster than it can be replenished. Me, me, me, and screw the future generations.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:23 PM   #555
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

It balances out, they pump out the water, the land subsides, the water is still the same distance down... until it runs out.