The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #91
meltramel
Neophyte-in-training

Angry I too have neighbors that have nothing better to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobird1757 View Post
I am also a person of this legal harassment. I have a neighbor who has a camera on my entire house!! IT is SOOOOOOOO annoying and wrong!! I have seen his video..and it has my house one side to the next in it and he is video taping my children as well as myself and our neighbors. He has tried using the video against us and still nothing is wrong with it. He claims my children to be throwing rocks at his house when in reality my daughter is out in my drive eating peanuts and throwing the shells to the road..then another of my son throwing a rock up the street and giving it to the landlord stating we are doing something wrong..it took me a week to get her to see that and to dismiss the evidence he had against us..it is crazy!!!! He also used a video of my son retrieving a ball off his property claiming that it did damage to his house when in reality in the video it never even touched it. This guy is single and I find it rather strange that he would videotape my children..and apparently is trying to cause problems with it. I am for any idea of stopping this..I am sure there are other people with this problem out there. It needs to be STOPPED!!! I am with you as far as trying to remain legal on the fight against the cameras. But as to how far you can go without it becoming a legal battle is another sticky situation..but we should not go down without a fight!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a similar problem we have lived here and owned our house for 6 yrs. We have a couple that live next to us that are in there 70's and there 50 yr old son still lives with them we have gotton along in the past and when we moved in the old owners said they were a VERY strange family but have only recently found out why nobody in the neighborhood like them! They have at least 6 vidoe cameras outside there house up high and only recently they face all parts of our yard! The police say that they can do this. We have other neighbors that have moved because of this and everyone calls the cops on them but nothing ever happens to them! We have gotten several warnings for noise and threatened we need to get along with them but we have tried. They play this annoying elevator music through a loud speaker and when anyone calls the cops they have a scanner so they shut it off. I have several meeting with the chief of police and nothing has been done except till now. We just recieved a $205.00 fine for unnesecary noise for my husband working an his motorcycle in the garage, so we are now fighting that why they can continue taking pictures of us in our yard and standing in there front yard with a hand video camera filming us and our small children so just to dive into a little this isn't even half of it but I'll be damned if were moving!!!!
meltramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:00 PM   #92
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Welcome to the Cellar, meltramel.
I sure there are lawyers out there that could give us a handle on the legalities here. It may vary from state to state, though.

I wonder how bright an infrared light or how strong a laser is necessary to take out a camera?
Old 05-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #93
meltramel
Neophyte-in-training

Thank you, I really hate to stoop to there level and start calling the cops for everything they do thats such a waste of the taxpayers money . I just called to talk to the chief of police whos my step fathers friend and he says my hands are tied they have to respond to every call and its perfectly legal for them to video tape us, which how do I know what they do with the videos of my children jumping on the trampoline! They are just not all together up there! I think there may be some inbreading.....J/K. So now we are going to take there pics and start video taping them in there garden and making any ind of noise. I cringe just thinking its not even summer yet!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #94
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You need a high wall like the green monster in Boston. Or a sailboat parked along the line ....with the sails up. If the wind is right, a smoke machine would work.
Still think a laser in the lens would work.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #95
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

No Pictures Please: Researchers Develop System to Thwart Unwanted Video and Still Photography

Quote:
Researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology have completed a prototype device that can block digital-camera function in a given area. Commercial versions of the technology could be used to stymie unwanted use of video or still cameras.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #96
meltramel
Neophyte-in-training

I really like the wall idea or maybe just a dome over my house to shield nosy neighbors! The video camera's they use tape on a video tape in the house so do u think they would see us do that lazer on tape before it actually goes out? I seen someone post a nude streaker love that idea maybe I could get someone to do that and then they would need to be hospitalized for heart failure or something!! Thats the mean side of me coming out again! I could never do anything to harm them or there property, even though why should I care! Even if we would put up a privacy fence it would help when they were outside but there cameras are up really high so nothing would help! I wish I could get a petition to stop neighbors from doing this I don't know how this can be legal......
Old 05-03-2007, 04:55 PM   #97
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

in all cases I'm going for the ninja-vandal idea... or doing something so outrageously silly on a regular basis that they can't call the cops... guys in 'greys' suits bbq'uing ... I'd love if the neighbors tried something like that.. it'd give me something to focus my twisted sense of humour on.. especially in that arena.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:00 PM   #98
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Dude.

I think it will look like "la la la WOWTHATSABRIGHTLI..." bye bye camera. You ever accidentally look into a flashlight beam? That's what the camera will see. Maybe the last thing that camera will see.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #99
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sit on your picnic table and clean your guns, sharpen knives and apply camo makeup. Then just before dark go inside and don't show any visible lights for the rest of the evening.

Rinse, repeat.