FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 05-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #1
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Constitutional Right to Bare Breasts

http://www.policymic.com/articles/42...-law-says-nypd

Quote:
Ladies of New York, you are free to walk bare-breasted through the city! New York City's 34,000 police officers have been instructed that, should they encounter a woman in public who is shirtless but obeying the law, they should not arrest her. This is a good step towards gender parity in public spaces.

This decision means that breast exposure is not considered public lewdness, indecent exposure, or disorderly conduct. It also notes that, should a crowd form around a topless woman, the officer should instruct the crowd to disperse and then respond appropriately if it does not. Relative coverage is no longer a factor.

Free the Brooklyn Two!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

For 20 years it's been legal, but you don't see a lot of it. Kind of makes their excuses for not making pot legal, look like bullshit.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

that's interesting. and not only does that law show a step in the right direction for equality, so does this conversation so far: not a few guys saying stupid stuff and whacking their pud.

well done NY and you guys.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

You can go topless in Austin, too. Nobody does though, even though we're a bunch of dirty hippies and it's way too damn hot to be wearing clothes for at least 25% of the year. Maybe we're all afraid of sunburn.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
Ocean's Edge
is a beach

and Ontario
Old 05-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #6
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Too busy whacking my pud to read the replies so far. Did anyone make any preemptive cracks aimed at men?
Old 05-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
Too busy whacking my pud to read the replies so far. Did anyone make any preemptive cracks aimed at men?
Nope. Hubba hubba hubba
Old 05-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

I am so f*****g proud to be an American.

If the founding fathers were alive today, they would all applaud (and Ben Franklin would be handing out his phone number).
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #9
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

If this were applied to Monopoly, it would give "Community Chest" a whole new meaning.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #10
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

nyuk nyuk nyuk.

I wonder, though, how dads feel about their daughters, and the possibility of some lech ogling and drooling over her for her boobehs. And if that seems OK, should they get breast implants at an early age so as to have self-esteems and stuff? In case, like, school or soccer doesn't work out?

I know I know, we women are beautiful goddesses, and should be treated as such...this includes respecting them for everything they are, body, mind, and soul...not just for some big ass boobehs waving around. There is so much more to them, right?

And really rich, the Merkin card? It's my impression that it's a bit different in Europe, where it seems they really like women, the whole of them, and can even have beaches where women are topless and the whole world doesn't start scratching their underarms like so many apes (neanderthals, if you will) and spitting and joking and having coronaries.

Just some thoughts. I knows you're jokey guys, and I luvs ya, but it's just what came to my mind. Don't get too sensitive about the issue, and deem me a shriveled old prude. Shriveled and old, maybe. Prude? No, just self-respecting.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
nyuk nyuk nyuk.

I wonder, though, how dads feel about their daughters, and the possibility of some lech ogling and drooling over her for her boobehs. And if that seems OK, should they get breast implants at an early age so as to have self-esteems and stuff? In case, like, school or soccer doesn't work out?

I know I know, we women are beautiful goddesses, and should be treated as such...this includes respecting them for everything they are, body, mind, and soul...not just for some big ass boobehs waving around. There is so much more to them, right?

And really rich, the Merkin card? It's my impression that it's a bit different in Europe, where it seems they really like women, the whole of them, and can even have beaches where women are topless and the whole world doesn't start scratching their underarms like so many apes (neanderthals, if you will) and spitting and joking and having coronaries.

Just some thoughts. I knows you're jokey guys, and I luvs ya, but it's just what came to my mind. Don't get too sensitive about the issue, and deem me a shriveled old prude. Shriveled and old, maybe. Prude? No, just self-respecting.
I'll weigh in as the father of a daughter.

How do I feel about the possibility of some lech ogling and drooling over my daughter's boobehs? Meh. I'm sure it's happening every day, and I'm (fairly) certain they're not getting any direct sunlight whatsoever. If they were more visible, I don't think much would change. For me, it's not about some other person's reaction. For me, it's all about my daughter's choice. I doubt she'd be eager to go topless in public, but if she wanted to and it were legal, more power to her and the haters and shamers and droolers be damned.

I've been to a few Slut Walks now, and the idea's the same. How she (or he) dresses is no excuse AT ALL for unwanted contact. But looking and drooling and whistling and catcalls, those are public expressions and as just as valid as her expression of shirtlessness. As long as her personal space isn't encroached upon uninvited, I'm fine with it. They're her boobs after all.

I'll go even further. I reckon that any woman who is old enough to do this is also old enough to know that there'll LIKELY be ogling and drooling. That just can't be a surprise to anyone. Given that she knows in advance what's probably gonna happen, and then she does it anyway, go head on with your bad self, girl. This is a conscious choice, the very cornerstone of consent.

The followup about getting implants at an early age in case school or soccer doesn't work out doesn't follow in my mind. **I** don't think implants are justified "in case school or soccer doesn't work out", and I can't imagine letting my minor daughter get implants. As an adult, it's a different story; I've been working hard all their lives to make them capable, functional, independent adults, and if that means implants, so be it.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #12
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I regularly attend a festival with a clothing optional policy.

Turns out that between the sunburn, the mosquitoes and the cool evenings, clothing is actually a good idea, and most people "opt" for it most of the time.

But quite a few people do go topless or naked at least some of the time, and a strange phenomenon can be observed. When in public, and when engaged in normal social activity, as the amount of clothing over an erogenous zone decreases, the appearance of intentional sexiness increases; but only up to the point where the clothing disappears entirely, then the appearance of intentional sexiness crashes to zero.

Unless you're doing this in private, of course.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:13 AM   #13
Flint
Snowflake

At the Rainbow Gathering, the standard unisex outfit is a simple cotton skirt, no shirt.

I can vouch for this:
Quote:
When in public, and when engaged in normal social activity, as the amount of clothing over an erogenous zone decreases, the appearance of intentional sexiness increases; but only up to the point where the clothing disappears entirely, then the appearance of intentional sexiness crashes to zero.
Entire semi-permanent populations of counter-culture nomads can exist with no thought as to this being the case.

And if you are bothered by insect bites or sun exposure, roll in the mud.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:18 AM   #14
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Oh yeah, we haz teh mud.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #15
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post

And if you are bothered by insect bites or sun exposure, wrestle in the mud.