The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Old 06-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #31
W.HI.P
Free

nothing against you warch, but i've just been hearing about roloson everywhere i go, and lets just have a little reality check here.
i became an oilers fan the secong i heard that the oilers signed chris pronger.
i was so happy that pronger finally joined a team that already has a good deffence, where he can work and turn into a great deffence, and as the leader that he is, he did. now any goalie would look good playing behind this deffence, and to be honest with you, roloson almost costed us our entry into the playoffs.
facts...the oilers have the most blocked shots by defenders in the nhl.
chris pronger as an individual is first in the nhl with blocked shots.
chris pronger has more mintues played/and average than any other player in the nhl....and 2nd plce in the oilers simply cannot be seen.

another fact, the oilers are a deffencive team,thus any oilers goalie faces less breakaways or two on ones than any other goalie ...roloson's numbers has mostly to do with the deffence....the only reason i mention this is everyone's giving roloson the credit , where the real credit should be given to the deffence, and the coach for calling the systems the oilers play with.
and of course, the reason why the oilers are here, chris pronger.

btw...goooooooooooooooooooo oilers [winning 1-0 midway through the 2nd in carolina]
W.HI.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #32
warch
lurkin old school

no offense taken!

My Roli fandom is more connected to seeing him play for the last 4years with Fernandez, whom he platooned with during the 2003 playoff miracle...

I think the Oilers are gritty, Pronger has blossomed there, and they are certainly still in this thing with any goalie, OK, with any goalie that elevates his game.

the block shots have been impressive, Pronger's big reach, and I'll also call out the offensive spunk of the 4th liners.

Carolina seems to ride the waves, though. And Cam Ward displayed some major mojo in the first game. Whitney is intense. and Brind'amour is focused.

We'll see what tonight brings...
warch is offline   Reply With Quote