The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-30-2006, 03:14 PM   #46
mrnoodle
bent

All of those women look like road whores.

not really. But they all have high levels of "meh", particularly for attention whores.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:43 PM   #47
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBsjb
But you come into my threads and insult...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBsjb
I don't feel insulted. Stop thinking I am worried, or insulted...
*shrug*

If you're spamming or otherwise being lame, you can expect to hear about it.

Your feelings about it are your problem.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:19 PM   #48
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
All of those women look like road whores.

not really. But they all have high levels of "meh", particularly for attention whores.

What is meh?

@ steve & maggie.

I read tried to read this thread. It was very boring. No swearing or calling names.*yawn* If you'all going to attack and flame please make it interesting. :p
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:22 PM   #49
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

An expression of indifference.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:29 PM   #50
skysidhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
An expression of indifference.

thanks
Old 05-30-2006, 04:39 PM   #51
MaggieL

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe
If you'all going to attack and flame please make it interesting.
Sorry...most lameness is inherently boring. Since the spam is already spammed, and anybody who cares about the hottest bartender contest has already voted, all that's left is Steve whining about how he's being mistreated again. :-)

Old 05-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #52
skysidhe

Of course this is the cellar. All's fair in ......love and war.

So like war who told the AGers they would be greeted as liberators and you all would throw flowers at their feet?

ah maggie. I understand your cronystic tendecies. ( cronyistic = is that a real word? )

@Steve, don't take it so hard. Maggie is actually mild and smart to boot. This is nothing. This is no abuse at all.

Last edited by skysidhe; 05-30-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:35 PM   #53
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Steve, if you post something I consider spam, a painting I think is ugly or a poem I think is stupid, do you think I should follow the "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all", rule, for fear of offending you?
Old 05-30-2006, 10:22 PM   #54
Cheyenne
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Steve, if you post something I consider spam, a painting I think is ugly or a poem I think is stupid, do you think I should follow the "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all", rule, for fear of offending you?

Bruce, Steve is not on about that at all. What I believe he is trying to say is that maggie seems to be an angry troll with an internet vengeance against her real life reality. No life....angry....easy to slag off people on the net to payback all the crap we all know she must have received as a child and still yet as an adult. 'Tis easy to cast stones and argue when not face to face.

For four years I have seen Steve take 1,000 times worse trollism’s than Maggie tosses. No matter how hard you try and break him Maggie (referring to “it’s only an internet community”) you won’t achieve your goal. Far worse than you have tried.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:38 AM   #55
MaggieL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
What I believe he is trying to say is that maggie seems to be an angry troll with an internet vengeance against her real life reality.
Of course he is. He wants to deflect attention from what I said by calling me names. It's called an ad hominem.

There's no point in him engaging what I said, because it's true. My "real life reality" is doing just fine...in fact I'm not spending it in hanging out in bars in Manhattan. It happens to include hanging out on the Cellar...where we've seen trolls before and know what real ones look like.
Quote:
Far worse than you have tried.
So then this shouldn't bother him at all.

Last edited by MaggieL; 05-31-2006 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:03 AM   #56
skysidhe

Quote:
Far worse than you have tried.
* gasp * no way. Of couse I havn't seen him post in a year.

About trolls. I don't think maggie is trolling. She is just wenching.

Many (perhaps most) people, labelled "trolls", are simply being called thus by someone else in the course of a religious, political or other ordinary type of dispute; in other words, they are labelled as one for acting as a dissident or heretic.

ok I looked up the definition. This is interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Vicious circles

For many people, the characterising feature of trolling is the perception of intent to disrupt a community in some way. Inflammatory, sarcastic, disruptive or humorous content is posted, meant to draw other users into engaging the troll in a fruitless confrontation. The greater the reaction from the community the more likely the user is to troll again, as the person develops beliefs that certain actions achieve his/her goal to cause chaos. This gives rise to the often repeated protocol in Internet culture: "Do not feed the trolls."
Often, a person will post a sincere message about which he is emotionally sensitive. Skillful trolls know that an easy way to upset him is to falsely claim that he is a "troll." In forums where most users are similar to each other, outsiders may be perceived as trolls simply because they do not fit into the social norms of that group. It can sometimes be difficult to distinguish between a user who merely has different values, views, or ideas, and a user who is intentionally trolling. This can lead to genuinely hostile behavior, including flame wars.

According to this definition calling someone a troll especially an established member of a group is called trolling as well.

So again I say. She is not being a troll. Steve is a grown up he can deal with her annoyance.

Last edited by skysidhe; 05-31-2006 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:28 AM   #57
MaggieL

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe
Inflammatory, sarcastic, disruptive or humorous content is posted...
Ghod, that *never* happens here. :-)

Old 05-31-2006, 10:04 AM   #58
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I rate this thread a 2.

It started out a 2 because Steve asked us to vote in this lame bartender contest. Steven please, don't start some lame-ass thread to get your lame-ass bartender some lame-ass vote whoring, which is just about the lamest thing the Internet is used for,... and then get all mad because someone called it lame.

It went up to a 5 when LJ pointed out that Kelly was dirtyish but not hot and this led to an actual discussion of the tenders.

Then it went to a 2 when it disintegrated into the usual thread about everybody, instead of about any topic in particular, which led to the insanely predictable side-taking and chucking of spears.

Have you got nothing but drama to share? Shuddup all you fux, and start some threads which are really cool.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:28 AM   #59
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

I think I'm gonna like it now that UT is one of 'us', and not a mod anymore

fux.

Bwa ha ha ha!
Old 05-31-2006, 10:56 AM   #60
cableguy
Elite Elitist

priceless Gotta admit, I got into the threaqd when the spears started flying. Why s that always so interesting? Maybe it's just me..........