Old 06-27-2017, 09:59 PM   #6376
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Photoshop is your friend.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:23 AM   #6377
Griff
still says videotape

Sorry Pi, that's a kick in the pants.

I'm assuming monsters inc has unofficial shots?
Old 06-30-2017, 01:55 AM   #6378
Pi
desperate finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
They promote based on age?
Nope, but I can only fulfill the conditions to access the grade at age 48. They passed a law that in governmental administrations you're not allowed to reach the last pay grade earlier than 12 years before retirement. And I'm in the transition phase of that law, so until a few days I thought I could make it, just like some of my lucky working colleagues before they slam the door...
On the other hand reaching your final grade at age 34 is a little bit weird.
Advancement in GovAdmin is based on years of service, arbitrary conditions (e.g. 12-years-before-retirement rule) and luck (when does the next guy leaves iot to liberate a place in the higher pay grade). It has nothing to do with education, training or doing a good job!
Old 06-30-2017, 06:27 AM   #6379
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
It has nothing to do with education, training or doing a good job!
Imma move to the Bourg.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:25 AM   #6380
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Nope, but I can only fulfill the conditions to access the grade at age 48. They passed a law that in governmental administrations you're not allowed to reach the last pay grade earlier than 12 years before retirement. And I'm in the transition phase of that law, so until a few days I thought I could make it, just like some of my lucky working colleagues before they slam the door...
Advancement in GovAdmin is based on years of service, arbitrary conditions (e.g. 12-years-before-retirement rule) and luck (when does the next guy leaves iot to liberate a place in the higher pay grade). It has nothing to do with education, training or doing a good job!
I get it, now.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:52 PM   #6381
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Hi Pi

The highlighted sentence above reminded me of my time in Scouts when we'd occasionally get an Eagle scout candidate who was, say, 14 or 15 years old. Solid scouts, but feverish overachievers. Scouts can't really *start early*, and I'm sure the same's true about Government Service. Would it be fair to characterize you as an overachiever? No offense intended, I assure you. Regardless, bravo to you for your success, despite the delay.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:16 PM   #6382
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Probably early adopter, although he always sounded like he knew his craft well, the kind I'd want on my side along with Sexobon.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #6383
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Well, that don't look suspicious at all.

ETA:

Quote:
Chat GuzeL.NeT Since 2016 Sohbethttp: //www.sohbetguzela.net Understanding of Chat is a High Quality Service. We Prepare Better Places by Working on Chat for Long Years. You can visit Free and Online Entertainment Talent ChatGuzeL.NeT
Name:  spam.JPG
Views: 304
Size:  33.1 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:18 PM   #6384
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

A letter bill from the IRS.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:47 AM   #6385
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

I can't decide if this goes in the pissing me off thread or here.... But childcare. It is so hard to find reliable childcare that I can afford. We don't have family that could help, and anything over $150 a week is outside our budget. Trying to fully research all options is incredibly time consuming and tedious... Researching public records, calling the facility, touring the facility.... It is awful.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:21 PM   #6386
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I've been told the best route is to find a stay at home mom in your social circle who has a kid about the same age and would be willing to add yours to her brood. That might be difficult so start with something easy first, like finding the Holy Grail.

I've met some women who like to do this, but other than on a casual basis for close friends, doing it at home sends their insurance agent into conniptions, and the state is draconian about licensing needed to appease the insurance companies. The result is they go big or go home and going big is expensive.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:08 PM   #6387
Iggy

I did go that route for a couple years, but it was unreliable. I went through 4 people in a year before I went with a daycare center because I couldn't take the constant stress. Was I gonna have a sitter that day? How long would this one last? What was I ever gonna do when they inevitably bailed? It was not fun. I found the problem with young mothers was that they kept having more kids... And didn't want to watch my youngin in addition to their youngins while pregnant. Go figure.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:11 AM   #6388
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Buy lotto ticket, but first either resolve or dissolve your marriage so you can keep the money and stay home with the kid.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #6389
Iggy

I like it!
Old 07-07-2017, 04:47 PM   #6390
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh Lord, why have you made me suffer so?
I gave you the lottery to be rich and independent.
But Lord, I never got a dime from the lottery.
You didn't buy a ticket.

Tags
mild cheddar