The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

1/10/2005: Whale penis

A shot of an actual whale penis. Celebrate the whale penis!

On 3/28/2002 the IotD first featured the whale penis, and since then it's been an informal glance at how Google ranks phrases, a Cellar tradition, and even a sort of friendly competition (that's how I take it anyway). Here's the history so far.

At one point, the 3/28 image became a point of interest for whale penis images, and the Cellar briefly reached #1 in Google ranking for the phrase, after we talked about it a bit more. That ensured it would be a new Cellar tradition and away we go.

Ex-Cellarite juju, in a fit of pique a while back, built a site to compete with IotD. (It lasted three weeks, and I thought: see, it ain't as easy as it seems, is it now? IotD has to be a bit of a labor of love, which it is for me, and that's what drives it. Love lasts, pique doesn't.) The best image that Juju found was of sperm collection on a live Orca penis, which was very impressive. (I can't find it now, but I know it's out there.)

And Elionwyr found an Orca penis dildo, but again I point out that these are based on Orca wangs, and that Orcas are not really whales even though they are called "killer whales",...

Syc's Ciberbosque then started an impressively long thread on whale penis, growing out of and firmly extending the Cellar tradition.

Yesterday user staceyv wound up at the site of a whale beaching in Connecticut, and remembering the importance of whale peeners, took a few shots which she proudly forwards to IotD via this thread.

Good work all. The tradition lives on. Celebrate the whale penis in all its glory.

The Cellar is currently #22 in Google for the phrase. It truly doesn't matter one bit, but this shot alone is a better resource for the item than most others listed. So it will be interesting to see if others find it and click on it and link it, changing the rank. Are we truly the king of all dorks? Please, no wagering!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
whale penis