Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 10-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #1561
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

What a beautiful family!
Old 10-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #1562
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Both the dog, and the wife, look like you take good care of them. Good for you.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #1563
FloridaDragon
... Maintaining ....

Just about everyone I know has goldens ... they are great dogs!

This picture makes me think I need a recharge cable for the cat ... she (Bella) is just plain tuckered out.
Attached Images

FloridaDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #1564
Cloud

she just thinks she's lying in the sun at the beach!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #1565
Nirvana
Back in 10

Love the golden and that sweet sleeping kitty! I miss my kitty. Soon I may need a new baby.

This was me last weekend at an all Chihuahua show in Chicago with Mia, I won't whine about how we placed but I will say she was chosen for the power point presentation the club will use to educate future judges on correct Chihuahua breed type.
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #1566
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

A movie star.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:14 AM   #1567
casimendocina
Professor

Florida, your cat lives up to her name.
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #1568
FloridaDragon
... Maintaining ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by casimendocina View Post
Florida, your cat lives up to her name.
Yeah, she does, doesn't she?

Her brother is named Bailey simply because my wife's favorite drink is Bailey's on the rocks. We call him Bear about have the time cause he is kind of a brute. These two did have the same parents, hard to believe.
Attached Images

FloridaDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #1569
Cloud

awww; looks like my Ivan that disappeared. (sniff!)
Old 10-18-2010, 11:24 PM   #1570
Char*Pntr
Complex Simpleton

Is a dog *Really* man's best friend?

I don't think so. My wife is overseas, and Harley has been in depression ever since my wife left to take her mother home in Thailand.

While it's nice to have my mother in law at our house for a while, after 6 months, it became unbearable (1 day before her US Visa expired). The saving grace during this whole time, was, well her mother only speaks Thai, and I only know enough Thai to be dangerous.

So I looked forward to the day (last week) when I drove her and my wife to SFO airport so that she could return her mother home. This was a time I dreamed about all summer long - I thought it would be party time for me and my dog Harley. Wife gone, open up the beer, barbecue a steak or two, and let Harley sit at the table with me.

Boy, was I wrong! Of course Harley was excited to see me come back from the airport, and danced around the front room when I came back after a few hours. But then he realized something was wrong - he did not see my wife. I could then after 15 mins. see the sadness in Harley's eyes.

That's when my party crashed. The next morning was Monday. And Harley is somehow programmed, he sits at front of the door that opens up to the garage when my wife comes home from work every day at 4:30pm.

He patiently waits there everyday at 4:30pm waiting for my wife to come home. When his sadness became apparent to me, I've tried everything I can do to perk him up. I take him on extra walks, I give him doggie treats, and hug him. The joy I give him, only lasts for a few mins. After that, it's pure, raw sadness for him.

A few days ago, several of the regulars here, encouraged me to post a second pic. But I had to wait a few days, as I couldn't post anything because, it's got to the point where I choke up on tears.

My happy dog, seen on my first post here, has anything but a happy face now. My "vacation" has been nothing less than hell. I don't have a camera to document this, because my wife took it to Thailand.

He's seems to be a bit better now. I'll tell him "Momma back soon" and his ears perks up, and he runs to the garage door and patiently waits for the door to open. It doesn't so he just lays in front of the door, waiting for it to open. So for now on, I don't say "Momma".

Harley will be happy, this coming Saturday, when I will drive to the SFO airport to pick up my wife.

Pictured here, is Harley in his Halloween costume, on the evening of 10/31/2009.

Having said all of this, Harley has definitely taught me one thing:
That would be, who's the boss in this house. And that a dog is not necessarily a man's best friend. :-)
Attached Images

Last edited by Char*Pntr; 10-18-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Char*Pntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:23 AM   #1571
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Maybe he only understands Thai?
Well she obviously has both of you under control. You said before he prefers women, he may even see you as a rival for her attention. Take him out for pizza & beer. Find him a slut, that usually takes most boys minds off their troubles for a bit.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #1572
Char*Pntr
Complex Simpleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Maybe he only understands Thai?
Well she obviously has both of you under control. You said before he prefers women, he may even see you as a rival for her attention. Take him out for pizza & beer. Find him a slut, that usually takes most boys minds off their troubles for a bit.
LMAO - I was just ready to turn in when I got your reply on email.

Well, it turns out that whoever had him last, got him neutered..
but tomorrow, I'll find out how he likes beer and pizza!

Enough of this crap.. A while ago I discovered a funny thread on here with pics... one was of all these gorgeous naked asian chicks around a monk. Now I have to search through 4,000 pics I took in Thailand see if I have anything like that.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #1573
Cloud

My cat Miles is driving me up the wall. He's obsessed with the toys. He begs and begs constantly for me to play with him. I understand that pets need to be interacted with and stimulated, and I have no problem with that. However, I'm thinking his behavior is rising to the level of addiction.

I don't know if it's really changed since my other cat disappeared in July, but I really do think I'll have to get another cat soon. For my sanity, at least.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #1574
morethanpretty

I gave Della a mohawk. Its pretty ridiculous, and I'm thinking of dyeing it even. (With food coloring.)
Hey...it is Halloween soon....

Old 10-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #1575
morethanpretty

Side view:

Looks better than from straight on I think.