Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 10-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #286
maineiac04631
Trolls hate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
Iran is missing too.
Iran went for Gary Johnson after this debate was broadcast on Al-Jeezera.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #287
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormieweather View Post
I'm not a statistician, but this doesn't look right, even if I'm reluctant to accept conspiracy theories.

What do you all think? Is this hogwash or possible? If it is real, I seriously doubt anything will be able to change it...too much money behind this.

Hacking the Vote
Here's the possible trouble spots...

Attached Images

Old 10-31-2012, 08:58 PM   #288
Ibby
erika

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-10-31 at 9.55.53 PM.png
Views: 173
Size:  23.7 KB
Old 10-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #289
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

I'm waiting for the gloves to come back off and Dems or 3rd party pro-Obama groups to run ads with Mitt and Paul talking about defunding or dismantling FEMA. That should play real well on the East Coast.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:27 PM   #290
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Already getting talked about...

http://wtop.com/1211/3100461/Romney-...in-storms-wake

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #291
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Don't have time to look into it more right now since I think Huffington Post is pretty biased, but this is interesting:

Quote:
The New York Times reported on Thursday that Senate Republicans applied pressure to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service (CRS) in September, successfully persuading it to withdraw a report finding that lowering marginal tax rates for the wealthiest Americans had no effect on economic growth or job creation.

The report is extensive, but the reasoning behind its conclusion is fairly straightforward. The richest Americans are the least likely to spend extra money they get as a result of a tax cut, and are more likely to save it or invest it offshore. Those on the lower end of the economic spectrum, meanwhile, are the most likely to spend transfer payments they receive from the government.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2059156.html

Note that this assumes demand driven growth.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #292
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Also reported by the NY Times

It still seems to be a very new story might be a bit before other news outlets pick it up if they do.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #293
Ibby
erika

All you brainwashed lib'ruls have it wrong, and the evil liberal media conspiracy to skew the polls is thoroughly debunked, gosh. Obviously.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #294
Ibby
erika

In more sensical news, The Young Turks (Current TV, beats watching Chris Matthews or Top Gear reruns) just did a segment on the bookies' odds on the election, which are just about in line with Nate Silver at fivethirtyeight at 3:1 for Obama.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #295
maineiac04631
Trolls hate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post

All you brainwashed lib'ruls have it wrong, and the evil liberal media conspiracy to skew the polls is thoroughly debunked, gosh. Obviously.
I do not buy that for a second.

Romney will not win New Mexico, they vote 2 to 1 democrat, their former republican governor Gary Johnson will be on the ballot as the libertarian party candidate and he was very popular there, he was re-elected unlike the other former republican governor who only served one term in Massachusetts.

Romney will not win in Ohio either, I live in the most republican county in Ohio and just put 100 Gary Johnson signs all over and if you came here you would think that the election was between Johnson and Romney, there are hardly any Obama signs here.

The GOP is in disarray, the way the Ron Paul people were treated in Tampa was deplorable and it is going to cost them big time. A year ago the sentiment was anyone but Romney, they were begging Chris Christie to run, they had one front runner after another, I still love you Herman Cain!

When I was young and stupid I was a republican, but after being royally disgusted by the first Bush I stopped misreading the problem and joined the libertarian party.

I only have two simple requests for our "Dear Leaders"

1. Be a good steward of our hard earned tax payers dollars. Spend my money as carefully as I have to

2. Stay the FUCK out of my personal life, I have a sterling character compared to you. (You = John Edwards and Arnold Schwarzenegger)

People get the government they deserve - deserve better!

Old 11-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #296
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineiac04631 View Post
I do not buy that for a second.
yeah... neither does anybody else saner than Adak and Merc and UG. in other words, anybody sane.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #297
maineiac04631
Trolls hate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post
yeah... neither does anybody else saner than Adak and Merc and UG. in other words, anybody sane.
I can't wait until election night just to see the repugs cry when they lose and I hope I did something to straighten them out.

Maybe they will lay off the whole legitimate rape pregnancy abortion, gay bashing, drug warrior, chicken hawk nonsense. That and all the lies will cost them control of the senate.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #298
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

You may be underestimating the effectiveness of electoral shennanigans. Remember 2000.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #299
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Yeah Broward county, a predominately black, Democrat area, mysteriously lost 1000 votes the other day. Just poof'd.

The elections supervisor said it would be looked into, but short of comparing each electronic vote with each paper ballot, how the hell would they find it? I know a little about computers and hackers, and it would be a cakewalk to put a little backdoor program in there to allow access to play with the numbers. A little here, a little there, not enough to cause undue alarm, and you can do whatever....err...elect whomever you want.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #300
Adak
Lecturer

I hadn't heard of Gary Johnson, but I wish he had run in the GOP primaries, with us. Would have been interesting!

Unfortunately, we have a two party system, so if you want a conservative, and you vote for Johnson, you're handing the election to Obama - because third party candidates never get any kind of a decent number of electoral votes.

The last 3rd party candidate that did well, was Ross Perot - who had a good platform - but his supporters handed the election to the democrat, on a silver platter.

Think twice about voting for a third party candidate, and look at the history of them, and their effect on candidates they are closest to in their platform, who are also in the race.

Don't hand the race to Obama, by voting for Johnson. Get Johnson to run as a Republican, perhaps for a Senate seat? (and President whenever he would like to run for that - but as a Republican, not a Libertarian).

I like the Libertarian platform, but we can't win elections with that party.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adak is teh whack