Nirvana
Back in 10

Thanks Glatt
Old 07-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #5507
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Been there, done that.

Feel better.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:01 PM   #5508
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

This piece about Judy Blume in the Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...n-young-adults

Quote:
Judy Blume, tiny and smiley and as warmly open as befits the author of seminal novels about growing up Forever…, and Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret is sitting in a hotel in London and talking about the hate mail she has received. It comes, she says, every time she speaks out on behalf of Planned Parenthood, an American pro‑choice group for mothers.

"I went to a couple of places two years ago and I got seven hundred and something hate-mail warnings – 'We know where you are going to be and we'll be there waiting for you', that sort of thing," says Blume. "My publisher sent me with a bodyguard. He was wonderful, I loved knowing he was there. And nothing happened and probably nothing would have happened, but it was very scary."
What kind of asshat sends threats to a 76 year old?

Lovely interview though.

Last edited by DanaC; 07-11-2014 at 05:10 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #5509
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Somehow fucked up my recovering shoulder. Slept on it? Wanker's cramp?

Whatever, it hurts like a mother fucker and it's making clicking/catching noises. PT is hoping it is just scar tissue and not me fucking up the repair. I see the sturgeon in a few days and I can ask him.

Crap.

On the plus side, my lawn is mowed and the weeds are whacked and 40 feet (out of 200) of the slate sidewalk has been reclaimed from weeds and overgrown grass. The place is looking less and less like Boo Radley's house every day.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #5510
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
I see the sturgeon in a few days and I can ask him.
Ask for roe, to make it worth your while.

Quote:
On the plus side, my lawn is mowed and the weeds are whacked and 40 feet (out of 200) of the slate sidewalk has been reclaimed from weeds and overgrown grass. The place is looking less and less like Boo Radley's house every day.
Have the courts determined value yet?
Old 07-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #5511
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
The mortgage is currently underwater. She's decamped and realizes there is no equity in it. I am proposing that if and when the house sells we would split any gain realized at that point, maybe with a cap.

May be entirely moot if I don't find a job/start earning $ soon. Then it might be a nice "Continue to fixer-upper" for someone with good timing at the foreclosure sale. [/cynical laugh]
Old 07-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #5512
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

The person looking after Diz has suffered a series or not impossible but slightly peculiar calamaties.
First she dropped her phone so it stopped working and she lost my number.
Odd, it was working when I sent her a text at 19.30.
Also I she had my landline number, and has a paper copy of my address; I'm available via Directory Enquiries.

Then her radiator blew.
Gosh, and she runs a charity called Animal Taxi. Gosh, hope there's no emergencies today or tomorrow. Because the earliest she can get Diz back to me is Monday.

Funny, because that is the same day the hospital social worker is back.
I have a suspicion she may suggest I am in incapable of looking after an animal in my current condition.

I swear if I had a car I'll go knocking on her door and demand the porky, furry little monster,

Confused and miserable.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #5513
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Obviously Cattaxi has been hypnotized by Diz, subdued and controlled.
Diz is making Cattaxi twist the knife in retaliation for your abandonment and possible attempt to throw off the shackles of Overlord Diz-Master.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #5514
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I'll bet she's renting Diz out as a mouse catcher and is stalling until the current assignment is completed so she can collect.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:37 PM   #5515
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post

Then her radiator blew.
I bet that when she was at school the dog ate her homework on a weekly basis.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:46 PM   #5516
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:

I have a suspicion she may suggest I am in incapable of looking after an animal in my current condition.
Very difficult to actually make something like that stick though. He isn't underweight or showing signs of neglect or abuse - he doesn't live in a house with 20 other cats, his litter tray isn't left to overflow etc etc etc.

She tries to say you aren't capable of looking after him tell her you'll call the police. He's your cat. They would have to prove that he is suffering neglect or mistreatment to be able to legally remove him from you. And the threshold for that sort of thing is quite high.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #5517
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
The mortgage is currently underwater. She's decamped and realizes there is no equity in it. I am proposing that if and when the house sells we would split any gain realized at that point, maybe with a cap.

May be entirely moot if I don't find a job/start earning $ soon. Then it might be a nice "Continue to fixer-upper" for someone with good timing at the foreclosure sale. [/cynical laugh]
... is it under by a lot or a little?

back in the day....

I traded cash for equity, a gamble, and came out a winner. i had sufficient cushion to last through the shitstorm. It was a good deal, in my humble opinion.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:57 PM   #5518
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
The person looking after Diz has suffered a series or not impossible but slightly peculiar calamaties.
Odd, it was working when I sent her a text at 19.30.
Also I she had my landline number, and has a paper copy of my address; I'm available via Directory Enquiries.

Then her radiator blew.
Gosh, and she runs a charity called Animal Taxi. Gosh, hope there's no emergencies today or tomorrow. Because the earliest she can get Diz back to me is Monday.

I swear if I had a car I'll go knocking on her door and demand the porky, furry little monster,

Confused and miserable.
I understand that you are miserable and wanting the company of your beloved furry, but it's the weekend and I'm guessing she's an unpaid volunteer and maybe doesn't have the funds to pay for weekend mechanic rates? And she probably feels crap about not being able to provide the taxi service if there was an emergency before Monday. And about not being able to get Diz back to you.

the dropping the phone is a little lame-sounding, but how did you find out that happened? Seems like there has been some contact -could you use that route again to express your willingness to -say- get a human taxi and collect him? At least you would be able to set your mind at rest or validate your suspicions...

But really, I think the only co-incidence in the both-coming-on-Monday thing is that it's the next 'working day" As Dana says there is no evidence of abuse. they can't take your animal on the grounds of suspected future neglect. And the social worker is not interested in your animal.

It will all be fine
Old 07-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #5519
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I think it's paranoia after a week of ups and downs.

I sent her a text (whereas before I phoned her from my landline) to say I really did have to go out before the supermarkets closed, but would be 10 minutes tops.
I was nearly home when I got the text back re dropping the phone and losing my number and the car radiator blowing up.

The reason I connected it with social services (in my mind) was the suspicion that she didn't feel she should break the bad news herself. And she made a comment which was entered into my official notes regarding the conditions I was living in. Which I saw by accident.

I'm not claiming to be Mrs Stable right now, esp where my boy is concerned.
New meds need to kick in to kick out the ennui and the suspicion.
If they are really on the level I will volunteer/ raise money for them. Boy would be in a bad way without them.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:34 PM   #5520
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I have had a slight tremor in my left hand all day today. I suspect it is from muscle fatigue after a couple of large projects, and possible stress too. Its very irritating though. :/

Tags
mild cheddar