The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #856
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Maybe they're just trying to lull you so you don't think up some nasty little law suit while you're feeling all sore and sorry for yourself.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:44 AM   #857
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

In all fairness (to me) that conversation happened in a meeting with a bigwig BEFORE the incident because I never take vacation time. I don't doubt it was more than duplicitous, in this funny little place, and I don't think for a second it was really about my welfare. More a CYA thing. Only by Y I mean T. lol

Plus, I'm all like not a thieving cheater take take take kind of person, but I wonder if I should be. 47 years of acting in the best way I know how in that realm has landed me money. Some have no qualms making their existence someone else's problem. I have qualms, hereto therefore I won't be a lying cheating waste of flesh. And boy do I feel tempted to just start being one.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #858
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
In all fairness (to me) that conversation happened in a meeting with a bigwig BEFORE the incident because I never take vacation time. ...
I'm glad to hear that because if my boss had suggested I take a day of my holiday (=vacation) allowance to recover from an injury sustained at work it'd drive me straight into making a claim against the company. I still say get yourself checked out at their expense, just in case.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #859
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

World of difference between geting checked out and filing suits against them.

I remember when I was teaching down at the MYCCI. One of the students was quietly determined to get a payout. He spent several days intermittently kicking the leg of one chair in the smoking room then engineered (by dint of leaning back on the now bent leg) a fall off his chair. Tried to sue us. Did the same thing at one o fthe work experience placements we sent him to. Think he tried falling down some steps that time. Or was that the previously successful claim he made against a former employer? Can't recall now.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #860
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

There is no lying nor cheating here...
You tripped over a cord at work.
Whether it is the School's responsibility or the subcontractor's (cleaning company) that left the cord dangerously laying across a known walking area doesn't matter.
You were injured - no matter how temporarily. The emotional scars will remain.

Its on them (whoever them is)

Oh, and what Limey said.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #861
infinite monkey

Quote:
In all fairness (to me) that conversation happened in a meeting with a bigwig BEFORE the incident because I never take vacation time. I don't doubt it was more than duplicitous, in this funny little place, and I don't think for a second it was really about my welfare. More a CYA thing. Only by Y I mean T. lol

Plus, I'm all like not a thieving cheater take take take kind of person, but I wonder if I should be. 47 years of acting in the best way I know how in that realm has landed me nothing. Some have no qualms making their existence someone else's problem. I have qualms, hereto therefore I won't be a lying cheating waste of flesh. And boy do I feel tempted to just start being one.
That should have read as above. HA!

Thanks for your concerns but as I said I filed a report and it's on record and everything, if I would feel worse later. But I'm really not up for the damn x-ray crap. Leave the doc office go to hospital outpatient or maybe hospital and wait around and get contorted every which way...I've had so many different tests in the past few years (some normal tests, some not) and I really don't want to go through one more round of PIA x-rays or whatever...to hear GOOD NEWS there's nothing wrong with you (the unspoken finish to that is: except you're crazy and old.)
Old 05-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #862
infinite monkey

Oh, and I need to clarify. I was only talking about the lying and cheating in response to Ali's tongue in cheek comment in post #856. I thought it a good time to say that deep in my dark heart sometimes I wish I COULD do something like that.

I never thought anyone was really suggesting getting looked into = lawsuit. Just wanted to be clear. I wasn't BEING all high and mighty I was only saying how LOW and UNMIGHTY I almost wish I could be, sometimes.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #863
DanaC

I hear ya. It just reminded me of an anecdote is all :p
Old 05-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #864
classicman

Still, as much as those x-rays are a PITA and all. You should be able to get all checked out not only on their dime, but while you are getting your normal pay as well.

FTR - I am not advocating anything, just trying to help. I, like you, had a REALLY minor slip at my old job about 6 months after my son's accident. I knocked my head on the ground after slipping/twisting on ice. My back was sore and I had a headache for a bit. I took some aspirin and thought ... "I don't have time to deal with this" "I'm tough, I can handle it" "It's no big deal" etc. etc. etc.
That was almost three years ago. My back still hurts occasionally - especially when I'm lifting heavy stuff. Headaches have subsided now, but they were more frequent for about 6 months.

What SHOULD I have done?
Old 05-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #865
DanaC

I suppose things are a little different if medical treatment is something you have to pay for, or start involving yourself in insurance claims etc.

Reporting it is useful though. because if there is any physical come back on this and you need time off, there's a record of the fact that the cause was a workplace accident.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #866
infinite monkey

I didn't even want to report it but we're supposed to, and wanted to cover my butt in case...and I just didn't have the mental energy to take it farther. (further? farther? which is correct? I seem to have lost most grammatical skills these days.)
Old 05-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #867
classicman

Quote:
I seem to have lost most grammatical skills these days.)
DOCUMENT THAT!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #868
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
DOCUMENT THAT!!!
What do you think her 28,000 posts on the Cellar are for?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:32 PM   #869
infinite monkey

Heeheee. That just proves 'crazy.'
Old 06-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #870
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Greed.

About a year an a half ago, Nissan was giving away an iPad for something or other. My counterpart here wanted it. I didn't really care, so I helped him win it. Then there was another contest from the service contract people, and we won 2 iPads. We each got one. great. cool toy to have.

So the last 2 months there has been a new contest for the new iPad3. Last night it came out that he thinks he should get it if we win. I would like to have it because I leave mine at Amanda's house, and I could use it ... but I certainly don't NEED it. I just can't believe what a pig this fucker is. I mean, I KNOW he's a greedy fuck.... but this is ridiculous. he needs 3 iPads? 3? I'm gonna try to get our boss to take it if we win. That's spiteful of me.... but goddamn.