jimhelm
a beautiful fool

I don't know witch of you two is worser
Old 03-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #6407
casimendocina
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I'm sick of the bad news, and your joke headlines are funny. I smiled out loud at them. thanks!
I like pretty much all of 3Foot's posts.
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #6408
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by casimendocina View Post
I like pretty much all of 3Foot's posts.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #6409
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Charlie Brooker did a brilliant piece about the news coverage of the earthquake and the possible nuclear meltdown.

Wish it'd hurry up and get posted on youtube :p
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:56 PM   #6410
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Douche bags.

douche bags masquerading as human.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #6411
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Now I'm just conflicted. Boyfriend decided he did in fact want to work things out, promised he was 100% sincere. Mom and sis think I should give him another chance. I just don't know if I can feel confident in him again.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #6412
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

MTP - past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.

Listen to your OWN intuition.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 03-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #6413
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
Now I'm just conflicted. Boyfriend decided he did in fact want to work things out, promised he was 100% sincere. Mom and sis think I should give him another chance. I just don't know if I can feel confident in him again.
certainly he should be made to endure some trials and perform some herculean tasks.

get a copy of european fairy tales, the older the collection, the better. Stuff published in the 1800s to the early 1900s is best--before everything got sugar-coated with pc. Read about the guys who had to travel to the 30th kingdom and find the tears of lizard in order to free their princesses from the evil witch. Then compare that to some schlump who comes whinging "wahh take me back, the bartender wouldn't sleep with me..."

don't sell yourself short.

ymmv
Old 03-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #6414
SamIam

How long have you guys been together, MTP? If you've invested years in the guy, I'd let him back on a strictly probationary basis. If he shapes up, fine. If not, there's lot of other fish in the aquarium.

If you haven't been together that long, cut your losses and show him to the door.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:12 PM   #6415
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty
Mom and sis think I should give him another chance.
Aren't these the same people who think you must marry anyone you have had sex with, regardless of any other qualities they may or may not possess?

Here's what it really boils down to: this guy is not permanent. You know (or at least you should by now) that you will not be spending the rest of your life with him. So if keeping him around for now is fun, and is easier and causes you less stress, then do that. If getting him out of your life makes it easier to focus on your impending surgery and college plans, then do that. But whatever you decide, do it based only on what's best for you, not your mom or your sister or your (ex)boyfriend.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #6416
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Where's the like button?
Old 03-18-2011, 11:20 PM   #6417
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
"Trust is a one time only offer."
-- Wolf

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:56 AM   #6418
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Aren't these the same people who think you must marry anyone you have had sex with, regardless of any other qualities they may or may not possess?

Here's what it really boils down to: this guy is not permanent. You know (or at least you should by now) that you will not be spending the rest of your life with him. So if keeping him around for now is fun, and is easier and causes you less stress, then do that. If getting him out of your life makes it easier to focus on your impending surgery and college plans, then do that. But whatever you decide, do it based only on what's best for you, not your mom or your sister or your (ex)boyfriend.
These are the same people, and although I love them, I do fundamentally disagree with their relationship strategies. They think they only excuse to leave someone is abuse and that love is a choice. 1) It is not the only excuse, 2) sometimes it is, sometimes it is not the basics still have to be there. Sadly, I would already be gone if I felt like I could afford living on my own. I'm trying to get a budget together to figure out how likely that is and I am trying to find roomies I just don't want to live with a complete stranger and don't have a large pool of friends to choose from. I cannot move back in with my parents, that would be worse.
I do truly think he's a good guy, just not the one for me. We are different on an intellectual scale and maturity.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:40 AM   #6419
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
I do truly think he's a good guy, just not the one for me. We are different on an intellectual scale and maturity.
We have a winner!

—James Barrie

Old 03-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #6420
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty
Sadly, I would already be gone if I felt like I could afford living on my own. I'm trying to get a budget together to figure out how likely that is and I am trying to find roomies I just don't want to live with a complete stranger and don't have a large pool of friends to choose from. I cannot move back in with my parents, that would be worse.
Sounds like it would be worth it to let him stay around, then. Sure, you're kind of using him for rent money, but you'll be giving companionship and presumably sex in return. I doubt he thinks this relationship is headed towards marriage either, so as long as you're both happy enough...
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss