Old 01-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #841
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Somebody needs a hug.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #842
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Kiss me, you fool.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #843
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Kiss me, you fool.
Haha....Bruce, kiss the man and make his day.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #844
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Fucking oven is on the fritz.

Number one, this is a major problem for me because I use my oven several times a day and we can't just go out when I can't prep food.

But the "pissing me off" part is that the stupid thing is 2 weeks past the one-year no-questions-asked warranty. Now they'll cover parts, but not the service call, and worse, they claim they can't get a guy out until Monday. I took the appointment, but fuck that, I'm still calling other people to see if I can get someone sooner. Surely the part can't be more than about $50, right? That's worth it to me, to not be ovenless for the whole damn weekend.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #845
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I'm a dab hand at ovens, having not blown up my own house....anyhow, though I despair of being able to fix your oven over the interweb, I am curious about what the heck is wrong with it?

Also, I'm wondering how prepared you are for an emergency. Three days, three ways, etc etc. You use your oven several times a day to feed your family? What would you do in an emergency where there wasn't a repairman to come fix it? What did you do on your extended family trip?

I wish you good luck at getting it all working again.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #846
Clodfobble

It's a double oven with a gas range on top. The top oven is working, but is skinny, and not tall enough for any of my large pots. The bottom oven is intermittent: sometimes you turn it on, and it just sits on "preheating" forever without producing any warmth. Sometimes it kicks on after awhile, but takes 2-3 times as long as it should to reach the set temperature. Googling seems to indicate it's probably a simple part that's broken, which apparently breaks often on this model.

We are not prepared for an emergency, to be honest. We have a few pantry goods the kids can eat, dried fruits and veggies, and realistically a lot of our produce would stay good for 3 days even without refrigeration. Assuming stores were still functioning, we could just go every couple of days for more produce, no big deal. In a major but localized emergency like widespread flooding, we'd leave and go stay with out-of-town, or out-of-state, relatives. In the zombie apocalypse, we're goners anyway.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #847
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
In the zombie apocalypse, we're goners anyway.
Brains should be gluten free. I think you'd do pretty well.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #848
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Gotta have a back-up.
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2014, 06:55 PM   #849
Clodfobble

Problem identified: it was a "faulty igniter," which was drawing only around 2.9 amps, when a minimum of 3.5 is necessary before the gas will switch on. As expected, part cost $56, and I would have had to pay the rest anyway if I'd waited for the warranty people on Monday. Guy had it fixed within half an hour, and having watched him do it once, I feel pretty sure I could do it myself next time (perhaps on the upper oven, if/when that one craps out on me.)
Old 01-09-2014, 08:15 PM   #850
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Way to go!
Old 01-16-2014, 01:22 AM   #851
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Sonofawhore ... at work tonight realized I had no phone service. Nothing. No phone. No Internet. No text messages. Nothing nothing. Cow orker with same provider is bitching loudly about the same thing. Okay. So maybe we shouldn't be all facebooking and shit, but we communicate with the boss by texting. Called AT&T. Turns out the cell tower down the street is "degraded" didn't have a timeline for repairs. I was politely irate, and ended up with a $10 credit for my inconvenience.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #852
Molasar
Part-time superhero (off shift right now, leave a message)

Location: Her Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
one thing that really boils my piss is TV adverts for washing products that claim three things that are all the bastard same.
example: "cleans, lifts stains, removes ground-in dirt"

hey you, detergent makers and your Madison Avenue arsewipes, are you listening?
how the fucking fuck do YOU think 'lifting stains' is any different from 'cleaning'?
in your head does that sound smart?
similarly, what colour is the sky on your planet?

you may be thick as mince but not all of us are.

and another thing, cosmetic adverts for skin cream things listing half a dozen advantages of which all but one are the same thing, like smoothing skin, removing wrinkles and eliminating crows feet and laugh lines.
apart from the fact that it's utter bollocks to confuse a gullible public desperate to believe in this hocus pocus,, how are these any different when they're exactly the fucking same thing?

and another thing, stop putting vitamins in face cream, they only work if you eat the bloody things.

BASTARDS!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2014, 05:21 PM   #853
Clodfobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molasar
and another thing, stop putting vitamins in face cream, they only work if you eat the bloody things.
I'm sure all the makers of transdermal prescription medications will be stunned to hear this... Outer skin absorbs exactly the same as inner (intestinal) skin, the only difference is that outer skin has a few more layers of epithelium to get through before you hit the blood vessels. (Which is not to say they necessarily do anything for your wrinkles, but they do get absorbed into the body for use where needed.)
Old 01-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #854
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
"...even the nosh pot must be low in something. And if it isn't, then it must be high in something else...

Old 01-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #855
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!

Tags
limburger