The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #31
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato
I have the LG Bluetooth headphones. Very nice sound and don't look any worse than other headphones.
Sure, I don't mean headphones for listening to music. I mean those things that hook over one ear for making phone calls, and if you're turned the wrong way no one can figure out why you're having a full-volume conversation with yourself.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #32
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Those little bluetooth ear pieces are irradiating when you are talking to some body and they just turn away and start gabbing , But Verry handy when you are working on some thing and need to call tech support
Old 06-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #33
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
especially women. Men's watches are larger, and some men really like a big masculine looking hunk of metal on their wrist. But women's fashions seem to go the opposite direction with watches that are so small you can't easily read them. I can't imagine many women wanting a watch phone larger than a quarter.
Watches are bigger now, both for men AND women. I see more big watches than small for women. While I prefer more of a moderate size watch, my mom and my sister prefer the bigger size.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #34
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbro View Post
I am doing this stuff now. I want a galaxy, but I am waffling more on the plans. Virgin gives all unlimited for 55. Verizon just offered me unlimited voice and text +2gb for 60. I don't think I will use the data that much. Maybe just checking email or the occasional search, but I don't know if 2gb is a lot or not.

I have been with verizon for over 10 years and I trust its reliability. I can be somewhere that I am the only person with signal. Lots of phones don't have service in rural WV and that is where my dad works. Plus, when I fix up the car, I will probably be driving through the boonies.

I hate making decisions like this. :|
For me, dependability of signal is important. That's what I stayed with Verizon for many years until of certain circumstances made me switch to AT&T. If you'd like to have cell signal driving through the boonies, then just stick with Verizon. A 2 yr contract is no big deal. Before you know it, you've signed contract with them a few more times. I'm getting 450 mins of voice, 1000 text, and 2G of data for $90. Yeah, your $60 sounds pretty good to me. I'm usually surrounded by Wifi so I hardly use my data. 2G is more than enough for me. Just a funny story. Verizon has been the most reliable for me in the past years. However when I was up in the mountain in New York a few years back, I was the only one with cell phone service and I was using At&T back then. Other Verizon users had no bar.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #35
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

I borrowed a friends note 2. This phone is SO cool. It has a handwriting to text feature in the note pad program that I love. I used to have a Palm pilot that did that. But that was a little box where you put in one letter at a time. This waits for you to finish the word and then it goes. Really accurate, even with my handwriting. ..

The stylus makes the swype feature hella easy, too. It is huge though. ...

I borrowed it to see how the reception on the T mobile network would be at my house., but now I'm conflicted about which phone I want again. My fat fingertips make writing a Bitch, but the stylus cures that.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #36
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Oh, I am getting 4g lte here on my porch. I only get 1to3 bars of 3g with sprint. I think I'm going to switch to tmobile.

Now I just have to decide which phone again. Dammit.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #37
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

My sister has the Note 2, and she loves it also. She doesn't have a tablet so the Note for her is like a phone and tablet in one. I think the difference between the Note and Galaxy 4 is the size.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #38
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Ok,I got the s4. This is my first post from it. lam Using the hand writing input method.. pretty freak in cool.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #39
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I'm thinking of getting that when my contract ends.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #40
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

do it. If for no other reason than the screen of this thing is like one of those ebooks. It's totally flat white with letters... it looks like you're looking at paper
Old 06-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #41
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

what a cool phone. The voice to text thing is much better than previous phones. It doesn't cut off after you stop a sentence with a period. lol, I had to stop and go back to the manual text entry to get the word 'period' To show up.... twice
Old 06-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #42
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1371661303731.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  63.7 KB
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #43
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

cool !!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #44