The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 11-18-2016, 07:38 AM   #211
Snakeadelic
Banned

Depending on mood:

Supernatural (late in Season 5)
Forensic Files
Unusual Suspects
Anything new on Smithsonian Earth--2nd best $4 a month we spend on entertainment (commercial-free Hulu is the best $4 a month!)

New shows we vulture around Hulu for new episodes of:
South Park
The Goldbergs
Archer (still waiting for another season with fingers crossed)
We were watching the new Muppets until it straight up vanished .
American Horror Story

Once it's released we'll also be gathering around dinner to watch Game of Thrones. We have the first 5 seasons on DVD.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:36 AM   #212
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Dark Matter
Old 11-18-2016, 09:22 AM   #213
glatt

It seems that I just don't have a lot of time to sit down and watch stuff on Netflix.

I finally got through Stranger Things a few days ago. Loved it. They did a really good job with that one.

There was one point though when a teenage girl decides to crawl into a small slime filled hole in a tree. That seemed unrealistic.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:42 AM   #214
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I recently finished up "Planet Earth: The Complete Collection" (Netflix). I liked how the series was divided, the 11 episode titles are:

From Pole To Pole
Mountains
Fresh Water
Caves
Deserts
Ice Worlds
Great Plains
Jungles
The Shallow Seas
Seasonal Forests
Ocean Deep

All were very interesting,but, I think "Caves" was my favorite. They touched on a fish that lives only in caves. Not only that, but, it only lives in waterfalls, waterfalls found in caves. And even more wtf, is that this fish does not live in the pool at the bottom of the waterfall inside a cave, nor does it live above the falls. It lives in the free-fall zone of the waterfall-inside-a-cave, gripping rocks, and climbing, with specialized fins. I want to say it's called a cave angelfish, but, I'm not sure that's correct.

I've also watched some of The Ranch (Netflix, and a Netflix Original, as well). It reunites Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson from That 70s Show, and also stars Sam Elliott, Debra Winger, and Elisha Cuthbert.

Having all those stars, you'd think it wouldn't have any choice but to be good. It's awful. It's so bad, it's good. It's either not rehearsed at all, or it's the most over-rehearsed show in history.

Oh, and ladies, ya get to see Sam Elliott in his tidy-whiteys in the second episode. You are welcome.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:38 AM   #215
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Just finished bingeing The OA. Very good
Old 12-23-2016, 08:40 AM   #216
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

likewise, though, it BEGS for season two. like this was... half a season
Old 12-24-2016, 10:19 AM   #217
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Season 2 of Fargo and season one of Daredevil. Both excellent.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 09:16 AM   #218
Snakeadelic
Banned

[quote=Gravdigr;973965]I recently finished up "Planet Earth: The Complete Collection" (Netflix).

I think the BBC is currently filming and/or airing either Planet Earth 2 or Life 2. I have Life and love it love it love it.

I'm gonna cry forever when David Attenborough dies.

We've managed to crawl to about mid-Season 7 of Supernatural, and I've seen the first I think 4 eps of Stranger Things which I am enjoying because the kids are just kids, not annoying plot points. Neighbor and I are also binging on Forensic Files...it's like potato chips for the science-loving parts of our brains! 13+ seasons of 23-minute case histories--some of which are VERY familiar because neighbor and I have watched ALL of CSI Vegas, Miami, and New York, 7 seasons of Bones, All of Law & Order original, SVU, and CI, and most of the original NCIS.

On an unrelated note, coupla years back I was watching a favorite awful creature feature from the 70s (or very very early 80s) called Frogs. The photographer in the canoe looked SO familiar...bout drove me crazy until it hit me..."Wait, why is that brown-haired fella wearing Sam Elliott's eyebrows???" Cuz it's 30-year-old-ish Sam Elliott, who I actually did not recognize without silver hair! He never gets stripped down that I can think of offhand in that one, but I think he falls in the river a couple times.

My sweetie and I have been lurking on Hulu for South Park, The Goldbergs, and Scream Queens, and on YouTube for WatchMojo, CinemaSins, and How It Should Have Ended.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:17 PM   #219
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

"Frogs"...seen it. Great old creature feature.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:23 AM   #220
Snakeadelic
Banned

Gravdigr, we have a special fondness in our twisted little hearts for creature features . We own movies we thought no one had ever heard of! Someone in a chat once tried (and admittedly, it was a helluva good try) to impress me by telling me his girlfriend's favorite creature feature was 'Black Sheep'. Unfortunately he flunked the midterm because he'd never even heard of 'Food of the Gods' (which I will never watch again--too much illegal animal snuff) or 'Night of the Lepus'. Many movie fans identify 'Troll 2' as the worst creature feature ever made.

We own it. And the first one! Most horror fans we've talked to didn't know there really WAS a first one. I have most of the snake features, up to and including 'Snakes on a Train'. The only one I'll never own is 'Stanley'--once again, too much animal snuff although it was made RIGHT before the Humane Society started supervising animal actors of any kind.

As for recent obscure stuff, I did kind of like 'Europa Report'. Also 'Apollo 18'. Mostly, for creature features, these days we watch lots of Godzilla and my neighbor's about to launch a major "Find me Ray Harryhausen movies!" campaign.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:14 AM   #221
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

We are watching Shameless on Netflix.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:21 AM   #222
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

'Night of the Lepus', 'Europa Report', 'Apollo 18'...

Seen 'em. My buddy picks some of the worst movies.

I liked the tag line for 'Apollo 18'..."Why we never went back."

Or something.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:59 PM   #223
glatt

Just finished season one of Happy Valley. Ain't nobody in that valley happy. Bunch of miserable people
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:37 PM   #224
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I loved that program. She reminds me of John McClane, a durable badass.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:34 PM   #225
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Started Luke Cage. So far so good.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote