The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 05-17-2017, 10:49 PM   #61
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Tw learned propaganda techniques from his father who was in advertising for big tobacco. He's learned how to mix just enough truth (what he'll refer to as facts) in with deceptions (the conclusions he'll try to impose on others) along with demeaning (he'll call everyone who disagrees with him whacko, a child, extremist...etc.) to either string people along whatever agenda he's pushing; or, try to shut them down just as big tobacco tried to shut down the medical community. Tw identifies those he thinks are the most gullible among us and throws throws them a bone ('ataboy); or, something pleasant (humor) every so often to keep them hangin' on. If tw tries to get on your good side, it means he considers you a weakling.

If you watched the video UT posted, "Jonathan Pie explains it", then you know how tw has always operated. You're not allowed to disagree with him. If there isn't sufficient conversation going on in the Politics forum, he'll push his agenda in other forums and make a political connection there. It's been a losing methodology for tw just as it was a losing strategy for Hillary Clinton. Both of them still firmly believe that you can fool most of the people most of the time and if you repeat something often enough, it becomes the truth. Both will even wave the flag (as in - Patriotism, the last refuge of a scoundrel). Neither of them will ever learn simply because they're too full of themselves.

I, OTOH, didn't need Jonathan Pie's explanation. I know how propaganda works. The Reserve Psychological Operations Officers Course I attended covered propaganda techniques fairly well. Much of it is used in civilian advertising such as tw's father did. I readily see what techniques tw has picked up and employed here in the Cellar. He's not very good at it; but, because most Cellar peeps are even worse at recognizing it...he thinks he's a genius. If everyone here had my knowledge on the subject, tw would have been gone a long time ago. That's not the case though so the Cellar is a classic environment for someone like tw to thrive. And he knows it.

To the extent that tw is a propagandist that I can counter just for fun, it may be a good match.

BTW, when was the last time you got the impression that tw liked you; or, valued your opinion and wasn't just feigning interest so you'd continue to listen to his rhetoric [rhetorical]? Tw is just a propagandist abusing this venue.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:50 PM   #62
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Don't underestimate the Cellar peeps, we know what he does, how, and why, from years of repetition. Sometimes I poke him like a paper tiger for fun, swearing will always get a rise, sometimes I post factual information for the other readers who are curious about the debate and want to know.

If you don't take him seriously he can be entertaining, like a joke you've heard a million times but laugh at the punch line anyway.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:15 AM   #63
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
You're made for each other.
Why associate me with someone who only posts insults.

Sexobon now Xeroxs the same insults (not one fact or honest statement), word for word, to my every post. A perfect example of an adult acting like a child. Why associate me with that child - who has never posted anything but insults in my direction?

Because he routinely posts insults at me, I too much be a child?

UT - you have banned people previously for much less. Since sexobon has been doing this for so long, then it is acceptable? Or is it necessary to start matching his nastiness before you notice?

One made mildly insulting comments because, we later learned, she was suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. Her comments were mild compared to sexobon. So mild, that I (and others) was surprised you did that you banned her. Why a double standard?

It is a shame you now condone daily Trump style insults.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:59 AM   #64
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

True. He's considerably worse. But you've been known to post repetitive insults as well. I wouldn't suggest trying to match his nastiness, because you're liable to overshoot him as far as he overshot you,which will devolve things further.
|_______________| [pics]

Last edited by Happy Monkey; 05-18-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:01 PM   #65
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Or is it necessary to start matching his nastiness

How many people did you call a child? How many did you call emotional? How many did you call Trump supporters? How many did you call stupid for not understanding the simplest of your statements?

You started the nastiness in this thread. Go back and read it if you don't believe me.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #66
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
When was the last time you got the impression that tw liked you; or, valued your opinion and wasn't just feigning interest so you'd continue to listen to his rhetoric [rhetorical]? Tw is just a propagandist abusing this venue.
Quote:
You're made for each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
QFT.
Hah!

Sorry, but that was funny.

Well, a little funny.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 05-18-2017 at 02:33 PM.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:26 PM   #67
glatt

The Trump supporters thing *is* pretty funny. It's like "one of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong."
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:36 PM   #68
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
How many people did you call a child?
Sexobon ... after maybe ten posts of direct insults and not one adult (logical) reply. Apparently you never noticed how many insults he posts before I finally reply to one.

Now, an adult that acts like a child is not an insult. It is science. Sexobon's insults were defined by well proven science. Some adults remain emotional - do not temper the 'child in the adult' with what adults develop - a prefrontal cortex .

If you think that is an insult, then you have not let learned the science. You have choosen to respond emotionally rather than logically. For most, a prefrontal cortex takes control about the age of 16. Researcher note that does not happen for some until 24. And some never establish what is necessary to be an adult.

Clearly the science (an adult who is still a child) is not an insult. It is science that explains why some take insult at any statements they do not like. Adults who respond emotionally are still acting as a child.

BTW, asking if Trump has a mental illness also is not an insult - even though Trump supporters jump to that conclusion. It is also a logical (adult) question based in science.

Explained many times. Maybe you did not read it. Or maybe you so dislike proven science as to deny it. That is for you to answer - if not here, then for your own benefit.

Which paragraph are you now insulted by? Some adults here do respond emotionally. A obvious difference easily separates one from another. An adult also includes perspective (ie reasons why) with a conclusion. Adults who are children rarely if ever do.

Sexobon has recently 'cut and pasted' his emotional outrage on many different boards. None of those duplicated posts are based in or justified by any facts. All represent his emotions. That (including the he cut and pastes then so many times) is a classic example of an adult acting like a child. Not an insult. A fact explained by psychology.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:38 PM   #69
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I'm not sure if I'd rather be a Trump supporter, or an athletic supporter...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:43 PM   #70
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

It must be the copy/pasting you object to, because you damn sure don't mind repeating something ad nauseum.

Re: emotions
Re: children
Re: business school graduates
Re: emotional children
Re: emotional children of business school graduates
Re: something less than 25 cents more per gallon than is posted on the pump

Old 05-18-2017, 02:44 PM   #71
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I think TW has problems with denial.

Re: Vise Grips

ETA: Sorry, couldn't help m'self w/the vise grips thing.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:54 PM   #72
tw

Quote:
True. He's considerably worse. But you've been known to post repetitive insults as well.
Absolutely. How many months did classicman post insults constantly. Finally it became necessary after so many remained silent. Then we had numerous discussions of how he rapes his wife. It took that much nastiness from me for others (including yourself , if I remember correctly) to finally say enough. Posted insults after months (maybe years) of ignored insults from classicman.

I reply with well justified insults after a counterparty has done it numerous times. As I have all through life. If I am replying with insults, then you better damn well discover why I am doing what I almost never do. How often have I insulted you? Never. Why? You do not post nasty and emotional replies.

Please count how many times the counterparty posted insults before I responded with one. If I post an insult, then you know the counterparty has been doing it for a long time. And then we discuss why. Some adults are still children. That is science; not an insult.

BTW, xoxoxoBruce clearly deserves plenty of insults in reply. How frequently have I insulted him after he posted so many insults? Hardly a week goes by when he does not. But he does not do so with routine frequency that sexobon does.

Don't take my word for it. Count them. Note how many insults he posted before I reply with one.

Again, how often have I insulted you? Cite them.

Why do some post insults? Trump got the Republican Party nomination by doing just that. So many believe (respect) a person who posts the most insults. Why were so many more informed and intelligent Republicans on that stage demeaned? What proved Rubio was inferior? "Little Markus". That insult proves Rubio is not an inferior leader? Of course. Because so many of us respect the insulter - emotionally. And disparage the insultee. Yes, many adults still think like children - have most respect for the playground bully. That is an adult who thinks like a child.

So who did I insult this time?

Last edited by tw; 05-18-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:10 PM   #73
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
It must be the copy/pasting you object to, ...
We must repeatedly post electrons, superposition, toxic nutrition supplements, how vision works, why the overwhelming majority smoked cigarettes increase health, etc .. because that is both science and well documented history. Science and knowledge is cut and pasted often because the reality did not change.

But the emotional have replied with insults - and without facts to dispute a reality that is unpopular. If it was commonly believed, I would not waste bandwidth repeating what everyone already knows.

The reality that most here refused to admit - Saddam did not have those WMDs - was never a threat to America. So that reality could not be repeated enough times.

Proven here repeatedly: business school graduates routinely destroy companies - especially when their purpose is profits - not the product. That hard fact cannot be cut and pasted enough times. Since it also means everyone's standards of living are diminished. Need we cite the only two presidents who are business school graduates? Trump and George Jr. Just another of so many examples why business school graduates and their destruction of jobs cannot be stated enough. That only makes the emotional angry. Need I put you on that list?

Will you also try to get on Trump's enemies list. Another discussion based in facts - or humor? Apparently it makes you so angry that you do not even see the humor in it.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:15 PM   #74
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Stahp. Pleez stahp.

Old 05-18-2017, 03:19 PM   #75
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
You started the nastiness in this thread. Go back and read it if you don't believe me.
Actually your first three replies in response to me were nasty. Your reply was clearly disparaging. And then followed by intentionally misstating what was clearlyl obvious. Since you did not like the reality and could not challenge it.

An adult would have replies with numbers or knowledge that disputed a well demonstrated fact. Discount gasoline is the more expensive gasoline. Repeated again because nothing posted here contradicts it. Others have posted facts that also demonstrate a reality you do not like.

So I reply to you in the only way you understand. What the fuck are you talking about you fool. That is your attitude. That was your many posts in reply to me. I ignored your insults and replied with more facts. You - not me - posted the first disparaging comments.

Of course you will deny it.