Old 10-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #5941
Griff
still says videotape

Sorry man that does suck.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #5942
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Hang tough Syc !!

And dana I agree with Footz , Kick Paco in the taco !!!!!
Med Board review ??
Sue for malpractice or Professional incompetency ??

Or Have Uncle Vito go have a Little TALk with said Dr!!
Old 10-23-2010, 05:34 AM   #5943
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

*nods*

Not sure quite what's going to happen on that score.

I know when Uncle Dave died there was talk of taking legal action, but Auntie Joan and the kids didn't want to get imbroiled in something that could potentially drag on and be very upsetting.

Not helped by the fact that the last time we took issue with the NHS it was a nightmare. Mum was in her final year of Nurse training and was told by a ward sister to lift a heavily disabled patient alone: totally did her back in, destroyed her career (six months in traction and permanent damage) and left her unable to work full-time for many years. Even with her union funding legal assistance, it took 13 years to get an apology and compensation. (22k for a destroyed career and 13 years of fighting) Every other year she'd have to have another medical exam, because the previous results had gone missing. The staff involved, including the ward sster were all transferred elsewhere and became difficult to locate. etc etc. Obstruction, nastiness and all round dishonesty.

So...I don't know what's going to happen this time. The problem is with stuff like this, and the reason so few people actually take action, is that it's always during a time when families are dealing with deeply emotional and traumatic events. The time when they're least able/willing to take on a difficult and distressing legal journey.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:59 AM   #5944
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
*nods*

Not sure quite what's going to happen on that score.

I know when Uncle Dave died there was talk of taking legal action, but Auntie Joan and the kids didn't want to get imbroiled in something that could potentially drag on and be very upsetting.

Not helped by the fact that the last time we took issue with the NHS it was a nightmare. Mum was in her final year of Nurse training and was told by a ward sister to lift a heavily disabled patient alone: totally did her back in, destroyed her career (six months in traction and permanent damage) and left her unable to work full-time for many years. Even with her union funding legal assistance, it took 13 years to get an apology and compensation. (22k for a destroyed career and 13 years of fighting) Every other year she'd have to have another medical exam, because the previous results had gone missing. The staff involved, including the ward sster were all transferred elsewhere and became difficult to locate. etc etc. Obstruction, nastiness and all round dishonesty.

So...I don't know what's going to happen this time. The problem is with stuff like this, and the reason so few people actually take action, is that it's always during a time when families are dealing with deeply emotional and traumatic events. The time when they're least able/willing to take on a difficult and distressing legal journey.

You mean your country has a problem with too LITTLE people willing to sue for malpractice? From what the right-wingers tell me, ours has way to many sue-happy lawyers.
(Sorry for the political BS, I'll stop now. Just recently my mom has been all whiny about lawyers/suing being evil and I'm losing it a little.

OK, now I'm done.)

I am really sorry that this has happened to y'all Dana.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:08 AM   #5945
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Syc, fuck cancer. I hope the divorce doesn't get too unpleasant.
Overall, I hope things get better for you.

You broke your leg right? (Too lazy to read back to be sure.) How is that doing?
Old 10-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #5946
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, Syc. Bad shit does have a way of piling up.

I hope next year is better.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #5947
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Today is the one year anniversary of my Mom dying.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #5948
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I'm sorry Pete.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #5949
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
Second guessing medical diagnosis rather than just going to the doctor because of the expense
I am going to the doctor this time, becasue monster was worried, I probably would have 'wait and see'd myself to a burst appendix.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #5950
Griff
still says videotape

Sorry Pete.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #5951
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
I am going to the doctor this time, becasue monster was worried, I probably would have 'wait and see'd myself to a burst appendix.
that's right, blame me..........
Old 10-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #5952
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
that's right, blame me..........
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #5953
monster
I hear them call the tide

nah... not a bad thing... just gets added to the account......
Old 10-30-2010, 04:28 PM   #5954
Griff
still says videotape

The Dad of one of my little people has a restraining order against him. He is a Vet suffering from PTSD and is a damn funny good guy, but isn't in control right now. It just sucks.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:03 PM   #5955
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

1) Guitarist finds wife is going totally batshit crazy (diagnosed bipolar, off meds, was 5150d 2 years ago).

2) Guitarist finally can't take it any longer and separates with intent to divorce.

3) Ex-wife uses all powers at her disposal to make life shitty for guitarist.

4) Guitarist who has no job and no money, then has his car taken by ex-wife. Now renting a room with nothing but his UI check, cannot get any level of custody of children.

5) Ex-wife now begins to make life shitty for 16 yo son and 13 yo daughter, as a way to "get back" at guitarist. She churns endlessly at the situation and creates fake dramas to take out her anger at the kids.

6) Today we're driving back from afternoon gig and guitarist gets a call from 13yo, in tears, announces that the 16yo son has attempted suicide and is in hospital and "stable".

7) As we drive steadily back, after an hour he gets another call, this time from his 19yo. Story goes: last night the 16yo asked, via txt, to have his girlfriend in the house. Ex-wife txts back no. 16yo responds with annoyance. Ex-wife txts back that he will be put in military school. 16yo txts back that he might as well kill himself. Ex-wife calls 911 and tells cops that son has threatened suicide. The cops remove him to the local hospital for evaluation. The 13yo did not know the full story because ex-wife did not tell her.

Guitarist is near the end of his rope. He says he feels like he's watching his children drowning in the ocean, and there's nothing he can do to save them.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss