The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2018, 12:41 PM   #11
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

"I'm willing to have an open and honest discussion with you IF you are willing to abide by some rules."

Sure, but I've got a few of my own which I'll list in a bit.

#

"Honest answers to questions, no bullshit."

I don't bullshit, I'm always honest, I say fuck a lot.

#

"No personal attacks."

Act like a human being and you got no worries; ignore what I write and act like tw, then you get what you get.

#

"Keep to the point."

I always keep to the point (as I'm cussnin').

#

"This will be no internet troll fest. Just a real discussion between two people."

Works for me.

#

"Willing to live with some potentially long delays - I still don't have a lot of free time."

Yeah, well I'm only 'here' when I have the time...I've gone weeks and months without doin' the cellar...I'm only here now cuz I got time to kill...if that changes, I'll be gone again...so: we'll just have to play this by ear and hope for the best.

#

"Willing to give it a go?"

Yep.

#

My rules...

1-When it cones to guns, my essential argument/question is: as I've committed no crimes with my shotgun, why should I (or any law abider) accept restrictions or hobbling in ownership or use of my gun because of the bad acts of others?

Throwin' stats at me will get you a 'that's all well and fine but 'I' didn't do anything wrong so why must 'I' get hobbled?' Not sayin' you can't use stats; am sayin' those stats aren't gonna address my concern/question and I'm probably not gonna spend a whole lotta time on those stats.

2-Being plain-spoken (though mebbe a tiny bit idiosyncratic) in presentation, nuthin' annoys me more than to have what I post ignored, miscatagorized, or misused...this is why tw gets up my nose...he's a fuckin' liar and fuckin' distorter and fuckin' ignorant. You, Pete, don't strike me as those things. So, don't misuse me and we should get along splendidly, even if we disagree.

Summing up...

I have my own particular, peculiar, interest in the issue(s) and I always operate out of that particular, peculiar position. For example: I won't defend or condemn the NRA cuz I don't give a fuck about the NRA, so I won't be prodded or cajoled into doin' either.

Don't pretend I say one thing when you damn well know I've said another. Don't ascribe motivations to me beyond what I ascribe to myself, beyond what's apparent in my posts. In short: don't be tw.

You undestand what I'm sayin' here, or am I just repeatedly muddyin' the waters?
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote