Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #661
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester View Post
That, to me, sounds so "ebonic".
I shall think of that next time I hear him

It may read the same, but saarrrf London in those days was pretty much as white as ice cream. Maybe I'll record on camera at Christmas as a study in native speech in the British Isles.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #662
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Would it make a difference if it was a pig ugly child?

It could be cute and sweet and still pig-ugly. (Although are any children truly pig-ugly? I like to think they all have different potential )

Or it could be gorgeous and have just headbutted you in the nuts on purpose (not you personally, SG.), in which case it's crying would maybe not have quite the same emotional effect on a person....
Old 10-17-2007, 05:01 PM   #663
jester
why so serious

Quote:
I shall think of that next time I hear him

It may read the same, but saarrrf London in those days was pretty much as white as ice cream. Maybe I'll record on camera at Christmas as a study in native speech in the British Isles.
I'm sure he'll love to know what your doing
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #664
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic
It's the underside and near the trackwheel. No idea man, seriously. My hands aren't wet when I use it. Baffling.
The point is the air in your house must be (very, very) humid. Does your bathroom open into the hallway, or to your bedroom? Do you spend the majority of the time with the door to your room closed?

You need to open a window, get some airflow going. Aside from that, you should also check for a leak in your water heater--those often live next to the air conditioner, and if there's open water next to the air intake, it will be blowing wet air throughout the house.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #665
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
I found mold growing on my toothbrus since I didn't use it over the weekend (I went home from college).

But the real question is, why is there mold on my WIRELESS MOUSE?
I wouldnt be worried about the mould on your toothbrush...its the POOP molecules I would be worried about!!
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:23 AM   #666
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Would it make a difference if it was a pig ugly child?

SNIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It could be cute and sweet and still pig-ugly. (Although are any children truly pig-ugly? I like to think they all have different potential )

Or it could be gorgeous and have just headbutted you in the nuts on purpose (not you personally, SG.), in which case it's crying would maybe not have quite the same emotional effect on a person....

I don't think ugliness would make much difference in this situation, but if the child habitually behaved in a nasty way, I think it would lessen the emotional impact on the teacher. I'm not saying that it would make it okay to have such a child crying, nor that such a child has any less rights. Just that it wouldn't push my emotional buttons as much.
Pig-ugly? Well, one of the lads in that class has already earned himself the unspoken nickname of Booger-boy, because he has not yet mastered tissue technology and wiping techniques. Bluerchchchch.
On dry days he isn't too bad though.

Last edited by ZenGum; 10-18-2007 at 10:40 AM.
ZenGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:27 AM   #667
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I thought I heard someone say moist? Sorry....

Back to what you were doing.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:39 AM   #668
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
I found mold growing on my toothbrus since I didn't use it over the weekend (I went home from college).

But the real question is, why is there mold on my WIRELESS MOUSE?
Several thoughts:

Congratulations! You moved into that apartment, what, two weeks ago? If that? And you have already achieved a level of grottiness that most people would take months to reach! Well done! I am glad to see the student lifestyle is being carried on according to its finest traditions. Bravo, sir!
May I suggest you purchase a large supply (at least one complete four-person set per house resident) of crockery, cutlery and utensils. That way you can let the dirty dishes really build up. An unmatched collection of random plates from your local thrift shop really adds charm.
No student residence is complete without empty pizza boxes. If you don't have at least two per room (and four or five in the designated garbage area) you should try going through other people's garbage.
You will also need several toasters and kettles. The best ones are unreliable and preferably dangerous. Don't worry about buying these, as people will give them to you. Customize them by smearing ketchup and such down their sides, and cooking this on.
Even if you and your housemates never touch drugs, a token bong or two is always a nice touch.

Your username seems extra ironic right now.

Seriously, doing some cleaning, and getting some airflow and maybe a dehumidifier might be good. If there is mould on your mouse ... what is that environment doing to your lungs?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #669
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Several thoughts:

Congratulations! You moved into that apartment, what, two weeks ago....blah blah blah....
Seriously, doing some cleaning, and getting some airflow and maybe a dehumidifier might be good. If there is mould on your mouse ... what is that environment doing to your lungs?
I moved in 2 months ago.
Yeah, we should. It's just that it has been raining for 3 hours every day for a whole week lately, I guess. Our place doesn't seem that humid....but I dunno. So far there's no big cleanliness problem, just the kitchen trash needs to be taken out everyday, which sucks cause we let 2 or 3 full trash bags lie in the corner until we take them all out. Stinky, yes yes.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:18 PM   #670
robsterman1
A worldly dude

The thing that peeves me off to no end are the neighbors' kids who run up and down the stairs at all hours and the noise filters right thru the paper-thin walls between the units in my townhouse complex.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #671
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsterman1 View Post
The thing that peeves me off to no end are the neighbors' kids who run up and down the stairs at all hours and the noise filters right thru the paper-thin walls between the units in my townhouse complex.
Perhaps you need a box of rusty star nails.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #672
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
Perhaps you need a box of rusty star nails.
Nah, in six months time the clumping of the artificial feet would be even worse.

I still maintain that I am not mean.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:41 PM   #673
lookout123
changed his status to single

I know it is very very trivial, but dammit, it upsets me.

Arsenal's game is not being televised this weekend. Fox Soccer Channel is going to televise games for relegation bound teams but can't be bothered to air the top-of-the-table arsenal game. bastards.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:49 PM   #674
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

The tensions in the party are getting a little much. I'm all for a fight, but it's getting nasty and personal. Don't get me wrong, I can handle myself just fine, but there are times it would be nice to just y'know....be on the same fucking side? I'm not going to let the bastard drive me out like he has other people. And it's always women he focuses on. The man's an aggressive bully. I am tired of having to fight all the time. The irony is, like most bullies, he characterises me as the aggressive one, and is currently trying to persuade people that I'm a bully *chuckles* Of course, this would be easier for him to do if he hadn't committed one of his insane diatribes to print (email).

I sometimes wonder if I want to keep doing this. I am good at what I do, I am committed and I work hard...I am ready for the fight most of the time and am usually quite sanguine about having to deal with this side of politics, but the past few weeks have been a bit heavy.

They won't know how much it gets to me, because I put on my game-face when I go into meetings and I make sure my own side turns up and supports me. But still...it gets a little psychologically draining when it's constant.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #675
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Hang in there, Dana--don't let the jackass get to you. Just keep seeing him for the fool he is, and he'll implode eventually...especially since everyone's seen his crazy email. He might be kicking it up a notch because of that, trying to cover himself; but he'll just dig himself a deeper hole. Sit back and enjoy the show.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss