The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2016, 03:01 PM   #11
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I'm living with my third VW. I love them. Yep, they require maintenance, duh, like all cars. I, too, had the heater core leak into the cabin of my 1985 Vanagon. A pain, but not as bad as my Ford F-250. The distance that coolant has to travel in the Vanagon is ridiculous. I LOL'ed when I read the directions for purging the cooling system on that rig.

Fill er up, start er up, and jack er up, but only the right front corner. Then run the motor until no more bubbles appear, topping off as needed. Good grief.

This little Golf III I have, love it. Best little truck I've ever had. Not really a truck I just treat it like one. I've put a clutch in it; I bought it with a pretty soft clutch at 70k. Jiffy Lube put a clutch in it after mistakenly topping off the manual gearbox through the inspection port for the clutch/flywheel. Aaaawkward.

Had a 68 Beetle I put two engines in. Sequentially, of course. Was my daily driver into LA, eighty miles each way. Loved that little car too. That one, and the Golf each caught fire briefly. Drove them for years afterwards.

VWs rock!

Tags
limburger