The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #2566
binky
all hollowed out

I used to have a cat that loved to ride in our car. He would even hang his head out the window like a dog. That, and the fact that he weighed 20 lbs (and was not a fat cat) got him a lot of stares
Old 09-18-2008, 06:14 AM   #2567
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

My brother's family used to include a smoke coloured cat by the name of Frank. My dog, my mum's dog and the puppy my brother brought in to Frank's domain, were all completely terrorized by Frank.

On one memorable occasion, Dante (mum's dog, Pilau's bro) came howling out of the living room with Frank hissing behind him. Dan was about 13 weeks old at the time, he was so frightened he was actually shitting as he ran...

Frank also had a penchant for riding my brother's Rhodesian Ridgeback, once it had grown-up. Nothng like a fatdog running round the house trying to dislodge a screeching cat...

Of course, outside the house he was a cat that got chased...by the dogs he had quite effectively trained to be wary of cats :P
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:43 AM   #2568
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

It's not making me unhappy, but just an update.
No sight not sound nor sign of Diz anywhere last night. I searched the whole flat. He hadn't even touched the ham I left temptingly on the bathroom steps.

I convinced myself he had died of fright somewhere under the floorboards.
Then about 04.00 this morning I had the pat pat pat of Diz trying to removed my eye-mask. I made a sleepy fuss of him and we snuggled til the morning, when I overslept and was woken by Martin the owner who is covering while John is away. He's intensely Irish, about 70, foul mouthes, pessimistic and deaf as a post (when he wants to be).

So there I was, naked, legs akimbo, and Martin is halfway into the room saying, "Bejesus, whit taime de ye hev ta be at work? Ye'll be fecking late so ye will" etc etc, all the time sneaking a peek at my norks and lady garden!

Anyway, the upshot is Diz was in hiding again when I got up, but at least I know he's okay. And at least I'm not working with Martin tonight!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:49 AM   #2569
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Sundae, you are, as always, a gem of a storyteller. that out of the way, I am soooooooo glad you've Diz back...I was worried there.

And you're so lucky---getting told off my an old Irishman. What a treat! Reminds me of my grandpap...
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:51 AM   #2570
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I have a cowboy hat the size of a grape which is causing me pain all the time. Never had one before.

(you know what I'm talking about)
Old 09-18-2008, 07:53 AM   #2571
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
So there I was, naked, legs akimbo, and Martin is halfway into the room saying, "Bejesus, whit taime de ye hev ta be at work? Ye'll be fecking late so ye will" etc etc, all the time sneaking a peek at my norks and lady garden!
Holy cats woman you are flexible!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akimbo
Old 09-18-2008, 07:56 AM   #2572
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

From the same article:
Quote:
Until recent times (the 1980s or thereabouts), the term was almost exclusively arms akimbo, with little involvement of the legs; it seems that it was first creatively used to describe sitting cross-legged. More recently, the term has been adapted still further, giving a second sense of limbs being splayed out rather than merely bent.
I wasn't merely bent, I was splayed (short for displayed I fear)
Old 09-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #2573
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

haha I pictured your legs bent up around your waist!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:12 AM   #2574
Nirvana
Back in 10

Quote:
It's not making me unhappy, but just an update.
No sight not sound nor sign of Diz anywhere last night. I searched the whole flat. He hadn't even touched the ham I left temptingly on the bathroom steps.

I convinced myself he had died of fright somewhere under the floorboards.
Then about 04.00 this morning I had the pat pat pat of Diz trying to removed my eye-mask. I made a sleepy fuss of him and we snuggled til the morning, when I overslept and was woken by Martin the owner who is covering while John is away. He's intensely Irish, about 70, foul mouthes, pessimistic and deaf as a post (when he wants to be).

Anyway, the upshot is Diz was in hiding again when I got up, but at least I know he's okay. And at least I'm not working with Martin tonight!
I love you Sundae! Norks and lady garden? I LMAO!
Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #2575
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

The dentist's receptionist/assistant/office manager called me yesterday.

"Hello MrV, I'm just calling to remind you of your appointment tomorrow."

"When are you going to stop calling me!?"

"hahaha... um.."

"Ok. I'll be there. But I'm running out of teeth to drill."

I leave in ten minutes. :groan:
Old 09-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #2576
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

SD-I'm glad Diz is alright, he just needs some time to completely recover.

F3-No I don't know what you're talking bout, prob don't want to know, but I hope it gets better.

BV-I feel for ya, I've gotten to go to the dentist a lot. None of my baby teeth fell out on their own.

Me: I'm kinda melancholic/pensive, I'm missing a good friend who basically disappeared on me about half a month ago. No idea whats going on and I'm full of doubts and worries. He's been on my mind all day. Also my date is postponed 'till next weekend, although not that bad, just more time for me to get nervous about it.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #2577
FStop
Stretching the Veil

Quote:
"Bejesus, whit taime de ye hev ta be at work? Ye'll be fecking late so ye will" etc etc, all the time sneaking a peek at my norks and lady garden!
I agree, you are quite the storyteller. Eloquent in the wording, there.
Something inside me pictured Billy Connolly doing this one.

As well, while I'm at it, that lucky fucker, picking about his eyes on the lady garden. That devil.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:46 PM   #2578
Rexmons
- Kavkaz United -

I work at one of the big Investmant Banking firms in Manhattan and there have been reporters lined up all around the outside of our building all day long and everytime I step out they keep asking if they can ask me a few questions. When I tell them I have no comment they follow me to my little smoking spot and just start asking away, "what's the general 'feeling' upstairs?", "how do you feel about blah blah blah?", and the crazy part is they got both entrances covered so it's like we're trapped in here.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #2579
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

It's fucking cloudy again.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:58 PM   #2580
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post

F3-No I don't know what you're talking bout, prob don't want to know, but I hope it gets better.
How are cowboy hats like hemorrhoids?

Sooner or later every asshole gets one!

Tags
swiss