The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 04-11-2006, 08:15 PM   #76
jaclyn8700
Alphabetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
A rather interesting question. Which are examples of up and down - so as to put them against dates, local, etc?
i wonder if we'll ever see a crime : PWI (instead of dwi) , posting while intoxicated
jaclyn8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:15 AM   #77
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Around here it's more of a life skill.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:35 PM   #78
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaclyn8700
i wonder if we'll ever see a crime : PWI (instead of dwi) , posting while intoxicated
It's called HWL - humor without a license. Better is to leave jokes only to professionals.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:01 AM   #79
Ibby
erika

I agree, some of tw's posts are almost unreadable.

Quote:
Second point: if Felt had other options, then clearly we are prosecuting intelligence operative in Abu Ghraid prision who ordered and condoned outright torture and murder.
I thiiiink that miiiiiiight have made some sense... maybe...?

tw, as I have said before, extreme left is no better than extreme right. There are multiple ways to look at issues, and Rush Limbaugh isn't the only person who often ignores facts presented right to his face. Many times, TW came right out and said, plainly and honestly (well, seemed honest to me), that you were wrong about his thoughts and ideologies many times, but you kept right on saying the same things about him being Rush and Bush's puppet.

Anyway, about the actual topic of this thread? Deep Throat is almost a god, for the exact reasons bruce described. I may not have grown up in that time period, but I've read my history books, and I know that what Nixon did is worse than what Bush has done in many ways. At least Bush honestly believes he's doing what's right...

And about the 18 1/2 minute gap... Has anyone ever heard Alice's Restaurant? Arlo has theorized that, well, there arent a whole lot of things exactly that length, and....
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:49 AM   #80
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram
At least Bush honestly believes he's doing what's right...
In what world?
If that were true he would not lie about it.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:58 AM   #81
Ibby
erika

Well, I believe that he's dumb enough to think hes really doing what's right. I could be wrong...
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:57 AM   #82
rkzenrage

I think he's dumb enough to think people don't see what he is doing... but that is about it.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #83
9th Engineer
Bioengineer and aspiring lawer

I think he's reached the point where he's just saying to himself "f*ck it, nothing's going to make it better, so I'll just stick to the old game plan"
Old 04-28-2006, 12:37 PM   #84
rkzenrage

I honestly don't think he makes decisions & I normally scoff at conspiracy theorists.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:41 PM   #85
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh he makes decisions all right, but the decisions are between 2 or three options that are carefully groomed and presented so he'll choose the ones his keepers want.
I seriously doubt, he knows the background or fully understands the consequences, of any decisions.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:56 PM   #86
rkzenrage

That.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:52 PM   #87
nyet
Fellow-Commoner

will president bush go down in history as considered by the historians to be worse than president nixon?
nyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:57 PM   #88
rkzenrage

He had that wrapped-up in the first week of his first term.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:37 AM   #89
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyet
will president bush go down in history as considered by the historians to be worse than president nixon?
Oh, yeah. Nixon opened relations with China, made Detente with the USSR. Bush took vacation for 9 months, and since 911 has been killing and destroying, eroding the rights of Americans, and making his cronies richer. Too bad neither of them got caught having their cock sucked in the oval office.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:45 PM   #90
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet
Oh, yeah. Nixon opened relations with China, made Detente with the USSR. Bush took vacation for 9 months, and since 911 has been killing and destroying, eroding the rights of Americans, and making his cronies richer. Too bad neither of them got caught having their cock sucked in the oval office.
..yet.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote