The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 04-17-2003, 12:02 AM   #16
jennofay
..the small and meek.

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce

What the hell are they??
an industrial is where a longer barbell goes through one hole in the ear, and then through another... through the cartilage of the ear. http://www.tribalectic.com/glrydetai...ype=Industrial (some examples...) an orbital is where a ring of some sort goes through the ear twice (paralel to the ear rather than perpendicular as "normal" ear piercings are done.) http://www.tribalectic.com/glrydetai...f&type=Orbital I'm not good at explaining, but the pictures should explain themselves.

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce

I wonder if the woman in the picture has those plugs in piersings and not her nostrils. It would make more sense.
thats what im guessing. it would make more sense... and they would be far easier to keep in piercings for long periods of time (as you would have to do to keep your nose in that position) than in your nostrils (where you would be inclined to take them out while sleeping im guessing... making the reshaping of the nose more difficult to achieve.) .. the fact that she has such large plugs in her ears also supports the piercing theory (those plugs in her ears were most likely worked up to over time... stretching the piercing a little bit at a time until that size was achieved... much like the nose piercings would need to be stretched to achieve that look.) either one is possible, but the piercing theory is more likely.

jennofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 06:36 AM   #17
Griff
still says videotape

I was "helping" a student teacher with the womens choir when I noticed a girl in the back row with her hands in her mouth wrestling with some kind of bar through tongue. I guess the thing was cross threaded. I'm not anti-pierce but if you claim to be a singer, I wouldn't think you'd screw with the machinery. The student teacher was pretty well perforated herself but definitely not anywhere that affects her livelihood. Speaking of which, she is half of a pretty cool folky acoustic dual. She is a classically trained guitarist and he is an accounting major (I think).