The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 09-24-2004, 01:31 PM   #1
busterb
NSABFD

Gourmands! Big meat sale

:p I live in a small town, only two grocery stores.Some of you know I love to cook & eat. The add states "Delights for any occasion." Culinary delights abound here.
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2004, 02:42 PM   #2
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Eeew. Feets are for walkin', not for eatin'!
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 03:10 PM   #3
perth
Strong Silent Type

Well, I've never really heard of a pork stock, but I imagine the turkey necks would help to make a nice turkey stock.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:13 PM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Um...Yuck.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:24 PM   #5
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
I personally wouldn't touch much of what's on that list, but I've got some family who grew up using everything on the hog but the squeal who would LOVE that particular assortment of 50 lbs of meat for $20.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:26 PM   #6
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by perth
Well, I've never really heard of a pork stock, but I imagine the turkey necks would help to make a nice turkey stock.
The pigs feet and hocks are great for using in baked beans or in various soups. I hardly ever get them though, because around here, they are way overpriced. You shouldn't have to pay more than 50 cents a pound for something like pig's feet, and it's often like $4 a pound here. You might as well use a pork chop at a price like that. You remove any gross parts before you serve it. There's a fair amount of tender meat in those bits and pieces.

I've never cooked with pork's neck. Interesting. I wonder what it's like.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:34 PM   #7
busterb
NSABFD

You can get the smoked neck bones here also. Use as the hocks in peas, beans, greens. BB
Old 09-25-2004, 11:28 PM   #8
jane_says
Colonist Extraordinaire

I have been sitting here laughing so hard at that ad I'm about to pee myself, and I'm not sure why I find it so uproarious. I just kind of winced at it at first, but the mention of pork stock put me over the edge. I'm deciding how to go about making pig's whisker soup.
jane_says is offline   Reply With Quote