The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 03-05-2017, 08:45 AM   #1
Griff
still says videotape

Today's bit@h

Smog from Asia impacting the Western US.

The opportunity: We've had a lot of talk about better deals from this administration. How about addressing environmental concerns in your deals? The increase in expense would balance trade a little bit and level the manufacturing playing field. Except we're the ones intent on shutting down the EPA and ratcheting up coal production. "Sad"
Old 03-05-2017, 09:09 AM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

While China will be pouring some 2.5 trillion yuan ($364 billion) into renewable power generation by the end of the decade, we ramp up coal and dump the waste in streams. Sad indeed.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:46 AM   #3
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

But, but, the employment statistics for child labor will increase. That'll help keep children off the streets. There'll be a boom for small businesses like pet shops that sell canaries and hardware stores that sell lanterns. We'll finally be able to kill off nasty invasive species, like Asian carp, in our waterways (they would kill everything else anyway) and we'll become more energy independent from foreign oil companies. See, every cloud has a silver lining.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:45 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Fuck that cloud, we'll mine that silver.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:35 AM   #5
sexobon

But, but, that's Mexico's bailiwick. They're the world's #1 silver producer. Think of all the people we'll be putting out of jobs there; so, more will have to come here. What will happen to the minor miners? Won't somebody think of the children who will have to go to work for the drug cartels if we take their jobs.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

We'll use that cloud silver to pay for the 3 trillion dollar wall 20 feet high. The former Mexican silver miners can go in the 21 Foot ladder business.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #7
sexobon

Maybe him just build wall of Mexican silver, make everyone happy, kemosabe.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:53 PM   #8
Griff
still says videotape

If only DC could problem solve as effectively as teh Cellar.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:52 PM   #9
Mountain Mule
Slacker

You're all invited to come on down to Silver City where never is heard a discouraging word, and the skies are not cloudy all day (yeah, right). Been noticing some high altitude haze passing over lately (unusual for us), and I couldn't help but think of that China pollution thing that's been on the news.

We have a saying here, "Pobre Nuevo Mejico, Tan Lejos del Cielo y Tan Cerca de Tejas" - Poor New Mexico, so far from heaven and so close to Texas. We may want to change "Texas" to "China" if this keeps up.

But fear not, with no more EPA, there will be no more global climate change and no more pollution of our water or air - at least that we know of until we start noticing that we can set our tap water on fire like the cool kids back in PA. NM will get to re-open all its old, abandoned silver, copper and coal mines, etc. Since so many of us are already Hispanic and often speak Spanish among ourselves, no one will pay any attention when we sneak all the illegals over the fence - I mean WALL - and put them to work in our mines where we'll pay them pathetic wages with no workman's comp benefits or expensive safety measures. Who's gonna find out when there's no more Federale safety regulations? That's how to mine cheap coal! New Mexico is going to break out of its economic slump and become rico at last - muy rico!

Thank you, Доналд Трамп!
Old 03-05-2017, 04:14 PM   #10
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Mule View Post
... no one will pay any attention when we sneak all the illegals over the fence - I mean WALL - ...
That's why you've set up Albuquerque as the "Hot Air Balloon Capital of the World."
Old 03-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #11
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

For those with a short memory...
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2017, 07:56 AM   #12
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Mule View Post
New Mexico is going to break out of its economic slump and become rico at last - muy rico!
Warning Will Robinson. Too many reasons why in that text. Fox News will demand and get government to tap your phones!
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:05 AM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I used to build instrument packages to fly by balloon out of alamogordo, NM, but satellites and Houston/Canaveral relegated NM to the children's table.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #14
Mountain Mule
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
That's why you've set up Albuquerque as the "Hot Air Balloon Capital of the World."
Unfortunately, those balloons are mostly reserved for the Mexican mafia and coyotes making the trip back to pick up another group of illegals to leave stranded in the middle of the desert.

https://youtu.be/JCoZBc1uHPg

The fun just never stops if you happen to live in a border state and you and your friends and family who have been here for around 300 years just so happen to look and sound (to the untrained ear) like the enemy.

La Migra can stop anyone for any reason who is traveling in the 100 mile zone north of and parallel to the border. We call it the "Constitution-free zone" because of the crap that goes on down there. Like they'll stop an ambulance carrying a person with a dark sun tan to the ER in Deming and delay them for an hour or more with questions over papers. For American citizens, we're sure getting used to eluding the authorities in order to drop off our kids at daycare.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2017, 06:58 PM   #15
sexobon

Yeah, the fun never stops. When I was on an SF A-Team doing military free fall parachuting operations from 22,000 ft. over White Sands Missile Range, the jumpmaster briefing included keeping an eye out for small, low flying, border running aircraft passing underneath us even though we were a hundred miles in. Apparently, those wanting to make illicit cargo drops liked large unpopulated areas to do their thing in at the time.

But we had some actual fun on a trip to El Paso coming back from a little R&R in civvies across the border in Juarez; because, everyone on the team spoke a second language. When the Customs agent asked if we were US citizens, the commanding officer (Captain), who was first in line, elaborated on how we were all in the US military, only he did it in German. They told him to wait there. They asked the next person (NCO) if he was a US citizen. He said much the same thing, only in Arabic. They asked him to there wait too. Then they got to me, only my spiel was in French. Customs agents started getting anxious as they looked down the line at the rest of the team members. That's when the CO had us all take out our military ID cards and began reading Customs the riot act, in his mid-west English, about how offensive it was that they were detaining these men who were giving their all to their country yada yada yada.

Customs realized that they had been had and were happy to see us go.