The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-02-2018, 08:14 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

January Interrogation for Newbs and Shits and Grins

If you're new here... welcome! Please feel free to help us get to know you better by answering some or all of these questions. Everyone else, here's your cabin-fever-reliever whether you're holed up in the frozen northern hemisphere or bored o summer hols already in the relaxed hemisphere.

1) Did you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what was the most unusual/interesting?

2) Flamingo or Peacock?

3) What is the best two digit number?

4) coffee or tea?

5) What does the smell of coconut remind you of? Coconuts and....?

6) There's a weird time warp and you're stranded on a desert island with Albert Einstein, Malala Yousafzai, Robin Williams, Marie Curie, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Marilyn Monroe, Neil Armstrong and Ellen DeGeneres.
They're all the same age. You have wood and the means to make fire. Who do you kill and eat first?

7) Would you rather do a Parachute Jump or Scuba Dive?

8) What is your favo(u)rite thing with wings?

9) Which close family member is driving you the most nuts right now?

10) Do you delete your internet search history regularly?

11) What's the most impressive celestial event you have witnessed (eclipse, meteor shower, northern lights....)

12) You have to choose one variety of cheese for all your cheese needs over the next six months. Which do you choose?

13) Which part of your body is least average in size?
Old 01-02-2018, 10:16 PM   #2
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

6) Kill Ellen DeGeneres and eat Marilyn Monroe.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:31 PM   #3
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

1) Did you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what was the most unusual/interesting? My tongue-in-cheek resolutions were 1.) sell the thing I can't talk about yet, 2.) sell the other thing I can't talk about yet, 3.) figure out what my next thing is going to be, and 4.) make a concerted effort to be less vague.

2) Flamingo or Peacock? Aesthetically, peacock. But those fuckers have a shrill cry that sounds like an adult woman screaming, so I wouldn't actually want to live with one.

3) What is the best two digit number? Nice.

4) coffee or tea? tea with honey and lemon

5) What does the smell of coconut remind you of? Coconuts and....? All the shit I cook with coconut flour... coconut muffins, coconut hamburger buns, coconut waffles...

6) There's a weird time warp and you're stranded on a desert island with Albert Einstein, Malala Yousafzai, Robin Williams, Marie Curie, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Marilyn Monroe, Neil Armstrong and Ellen DeGeneres. They're all the same age. You have wood and the means to make fire. Who do you kill and eat first? Marilyn is probably the least useful for survival, and has the best marbling.

7) Would you rather do a Parachute Jump or Scuba Dive? Parachute, all the way. I've got issues with drowning but love heights.

8) What is your favo(u)rite thing with wings? Hummingbird, I guess?

9) Which close family member is driving you the most nuts right now? Meh. Probably my son, but it's a pretty low bar right now. Everyone's doing pretty well.

10) Do you delete your internet search history regularly? No, but I use incognito when I should.

11) What's the most impressive celestial event you have witnessed (eclipse, meteor shower, northern lights....) A shooting star on the first night of Hannukkah, 1998.

12) You have to choose one variety of cheese for all your cheese needs over the next six months. Which do you choose? Vlaskaas. And forget six months, you can make it eternity.

13) Which part of your body is least average in size? Either my nonexistent chin or my giant cooter, take your pick.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:32 AM   #4
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Paul McCartney
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:36 AM   #5
glatt

1) Did you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what was the most unusual/interesting? When I make resolutions, they don't coincide with the calendar. I see a need for change and I try to do it when I notice it. I currently have none.

2) Flamingo or Peacock? Flamingo, because they don't get close to you and shit all over everything like a peacock does. I just admire them from a distance.

3) What is the best two digit number? 52

4) coffee or tea? Coffee!

5) What does the smell of coconut remind you of? Coconuts and....? The beach in the 70s.

6) There's a weird time warp and you're stranded on a desert island with Albert Einstein, Malala Yousafzai, Robin Williams, Marie Curie, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Marilyn Monroe, Neil Armstrong and Ellen DeGeneres.
They're all the same age. You have wood and the means to make fire. Who do you kill and eat first? I like cf's point about MM's marbling.

7) Would you rather do a Parachute Jump or Scuba Dive? Scuba! Slow and thoughtful wonder instead of fast and adrenaline fueled.

8) What is your favo(u)rite thing with wings? American Bald Eagle

9) Which close family member is driving you the most nuts right now? My daughter home from college with a month of nothing to do. How did it happen that she didn't line up a job?

10) Do you delete your internet search history regularly? No. Private browsing. But I do selectively delete my YouTube watching history so I don't get as many snuff videos suggested to me. You watch one or two videos of cars on slippery hills, and before you know it, you see videos of rally cars slamming into spectators next to the road.

11) What's the most impressive celestial event you have witnessed (eclipse, meteor shower, northern lights....) Just simply the night sky from a dark remote location with no light pollution. It's been 7 years since I last saw a dark clear night sky.

12) You have to choose one variety of cheese for all your cheese needs over the next six months. Which do you choose? White American, for the daily lunchtime sandwiches, but it would be a drag at wine and cheese time.

13) Which part of your body is least average in size? My immense noggin. I have trouble finding a hat that will fit.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:52 AM   #6
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

1) Did you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what was the most unusual/interesting?

Oh.....I actually did make a New Year's resolution this year. I don't often do it, but this year I have. And it is so fucking boring. It's so boring I don't even want to type it out in case I fall face first onto the keyboard in a deep sleep. But here goes...

I really need to get my wrap times down at work, and also get better at adherence to schedule. I'm thorough - so I don't make many major mistakes (like poor claims decisions) but I'm not fast. I want to try and speed things up a little without losing the thoroughness - I think I've been doing it long enough now to be able to achieve that.

I'm not getting hassled about it - but I also don't want to negatively affect service levels if I can help it. And it's a challenge :P

*falls face first onto keyboard*

2) Flamingo or Peacock?

Peacock. Because cock.

95 .... I'd really like my job to be a straight up 9-5 and no shifts.

4) coffee or tea?

Coffee - then tea.

korma. Good food and good company.

They're all the same age. You have wood and the means to make fire. Who do you kill and eat first?

Robin Williams. I suspect he'd be infuriating company after a while.

Scuba. Don't do heights or falling, however controlled.

Buffalo

* not really - I like corvids. They're fucking awesome. I also have a fondness for peregrine falcons and have had since I was a small child.

Carrot. Because Carrot.

Nah - I live alone

11) What's the most impressive celestial event you have witnessed (eclipse, meteor shower, northern lights....)

Nowt that impressive. I once saw a falling star. It was about 6 or 7 months back. I realised as I saw it that, although I have a clear picture of such things in my mind, this was the first I had ever seen in reality, not on a tv screen. It was strange.

12) You have to choose one variety of cheese for all your cheese needs over the next six months. Which do you choose?

Extra mature cheddar.

My enormous brain.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #7
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Apparently, my ear holes. I always have to switch to the largest size ear buds, and even then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
Either my nonexistent chin or my giant cooter, take your pick
Brain.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:40 AM   #8
Clodfobble

Ooh, you reminded me--my ear holes are tiny. I have to wear child earbuds, and even then they're uncomfortably big and I have to sort of balance them farther outward than they're supposed to go.

Also, my face in general is tiny, and I have to wear children's-sized glasses. If you're right about my brain, then it must go deep down into the back of my neck--OH! Maybe that's why I have no chin--it's really just that my neck is pushed outward because of all the gray matter squashed in along the back of my spine!
Old 01-03-2018, 09:57 AM   #9
glatt

Do you have ear wax problems?

My wife has tiny ear canals and has to go to the ear doctor occasionally to get them flushed out.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:36 PM   #10
Clodfobble

No, but I use Q-tips on them religiously after every shower. The feeling of water in my ears drives me nuts.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:46 PM   #11
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

To speak less. And to try to make people smile/laugh/feel good less. There are three people who will never smile/laugh/feel good because of me again.

2) Flamingo or Peacock?

Peacock.

What ain't no two digit number I ever heard of.[/JulesWinnfield]

4) coffee or tea?

Tea.

5) What does the smell of coconut remind you of?

Pina coladas.

Schwarzenegger. He's the bigger, more immediate threat to mine own survival.

Pass on both. Too much depends on other people. I do not trust people.

Eagle.

I only have two, so, both of them.

Yes, yes indeed.

Comet Hyakutake.

Mild cheddar.

If I understand the question correctly...

My head. I have never put on someone else's hat/cap and found it to be too large. Apparently, I have a big head.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:16 PM   #12
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

No, kinda slept through the whole thing. I may belatedly resolve to adopt glatt's attitude on the subject.

2) Flamingo or Peacock?
I saw a white peacock at the game reserve awhile back. Maybe it was an albino... anyhow.. just striking, quite beautiful.

ED (hex)

4) coffee or tea?
Coffee.

Coppertone suntan lotion, summers as a kid growing up in Southern California, the pool, the beach, girls. Ahhhhh....

Aw, look, boy girl boy girl... honestly, I don't want to choose any of them. Not to be totally Kobayashi Maru on you, but... aren't there fish in the water around the island?

SCUBA dive over SKY dive every goddamn day of the week, twice on Sunday. Perfectly good plane and all that.

I don't have a clever answer, so I'll join Dana--Crows, etc.

My youngest sister. It's sad and I'm not sure how to get our relationship out of the ditch.

No. No point. I rely on my search history for convenience's sake. I do also use private browsing regularly, daily, mostly at work, sometimes at home or mobile.

On a cruise through the south Pacific, somewhere between Tahiti and Sydney, there were days, and nights at sea. On one of the nights there was no moon and I went to one of the forward observation decks. There were no lights forward and only a little light pollution from the rails where we were. When that was masked out, a star-filled sky revealed itself. I will never forget the astonishment I felt seeing stars all the way down to the horizon, as dense as they were high in the sky, ending only in the inky black sea.

Goat cheese, please Gromit.

I have a long torso and long arms. My "wingspan" is about 80 inches.[
Old 01-04-2018, 06:22 AM   #13
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post

2) Flamingo or Peacock?

Peacock. Because cock.
That's my girl. Sundae would be proud of you!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2018, 01:47 PM   #14
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
That's my girl. Sundae would be proud of you!

She was very much in my thoughts as I posted that :P

I think she'd appreciate the fact I have spread our cockiness into my workplace.

As evidenced by the packet of Cock Soup mix they gave me for my birthday last year.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:38 AM   #15
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Brilliant! You can never have too much cock!