The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 04-29-2017, 09:15 AM   #1
Snakeadelic
Banned

Guilty Pleasures!

A'ight, Cellar Dwellars, name your favorite guilty pleasure in entertainment. Music, movies, tv, anything!

I actually still watch that notoriously awful Mortal Kombat movie from time to time. Bits of it make me very, very happy.

I like "Walking on the Sun" by Smash Mouth. And "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down. And a whole lotta 80s pop awfulness.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I like 21 Pilots, and I'm not even guilty about it.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #3
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

"Walking On The Sun" is a romp! Can't watch the video, though. Can't stand it. After a few plays in a week, the song needs a rest, too.

I also like "Kryptonite". Turned my musical buddy on to it, and the band learnt it.

A musical guilty pleasure is "Smooth" by Santana and Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:32 PM   #4
anonymous
Operations Operative

One of my guilty pleasures is going to God's country, y'know, go to the end of the world and turn left, and smoke a big, fat, stanky, sticky hogleg-of-a-joint whilst riding through, and thouroughly enjoying God's creation(s).

ETA: And I don't even feel guilty about it.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:40 PM   #5
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

What is this 'guilt' you speak of?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:20 PM   #6
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeadelic View Post
A'ight, Cellar Dwellars, name your favorite guilty pleasure in entertainment. Music, movies, tv, anything!

I actually still watch that notoriously awful Mortal Kombat movie from time to time. Bits of it make me very, very happy.

I like "Walking on the Sun" by Smash Mouth. And "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down. And a whole lotta 80s pop awfulness.
Here are some.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:41 AM   #7
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
"Walking On The Sun" is a romp! Can't watch the video, though. Can't stand it. After a few plays in a week, the song needs a rest, too.

I also like "Kryptonite". Turned my musical buddy on to it, and the band learnt it.

A musical guilty pleasure is "Smooth" by Santana and Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20.
I learned to cha-cha to "Smooth". Me and another of the dance students were on an errand run one day and that song started playing on the store's satellite radio. I looked over and we were BOTH practicing our cha-cha to the delight and amusement of ALL THE CHECKOUT LINES.

Good times
Old 05-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #8
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
One of my guilty pleasures is going to God's country, y'know, go to the end of the world and turn left, and smoke a big, fat, stanky, sticky hogleg-of-a-joint whilst riding through, and thouroughly enjoying God's creation(s).

ETA: And I don't even feel guilty about it.
I smoke out with my parents every time I visit, because they live in Oregon. If Montana would just legalize it already, I'd get my medical-use card again (had to send the last one back shredded, or risk eviction and arrest at the order of the property owners, who live in a different UNLADYLIKE WORD HERE time zone).
Old 05-11-2017, 08:49 AM   #9
Snakeadelic
Banned

I can think of a few more of my own to spice things up:

I own a disgusting number of Duran Duran albums, singles, and EPs. And once in a while I still pull out the rarities for stuff that's hard to find online.

Sometimes when I'm stressed I booze it back down to manageability, as I have learned in my life that I'm lucky enough to be able to put the bottle back down and walk away from a chemical crutch.

I'm WAY too into the MCU movies. And I can't spell the noise I made when I saw the Ragnarok teaser and recognized the slowed-down bassline BEFORE Hela grabbed Mjolnir.

Sometimes I read fanfic. The smut gets boring a lot faster than the surprisingly wide variety of writing styles and storytelling formats! My theory is that fanfic is a haven for those still trying to learn to develop original characters; fanfic gives people well-known characters to develop settings and dialog and events around.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:45 PM   #10
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Stuff like this. Music aside, this guys dancing is quite amazing. I kept waiting for him to trip on his shoelace, came close once, but did a great job.