The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-28-2015, 11:15 AM   #2791
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Glad to hear it. Please for to tell her hi from us
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:51 PM   #2792
monster
I hear them call the tide

Infi will probably not be rejoining the cellar because she fell in love with a hunky water nymph on her canoe trip, and dove in to be with him. The evil water witch took her online voice in return for the ability to have sex underwater without painful vacuum issues and embarrassing queefing.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:32 PM   #2793
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Isn't that the plot to the little slutty mermaid?
Old 09-29-2015, 11:42 AM   #2794
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I’m alive. I don’t have much computer time these days.

That canoe trip was one of those days that defines a summer, despite capsizing canoes and people freaking out and bailing out (as in terminating trip and having someone come get them.) My partner and I did capsize but did not bail. Many beers were lost. All the food was lost from another guy’s canoe. My phone was OK because I had it in a plastic bag but it still took a day to work again. I also jumped from a 20 foot ledge into a quarry (the only girl on the trip who would do it), four times. Yeah, I’m fearless. Except about life in general.

I spent the night at my friends’ house due to the many beers that were not lost. When I woke up my car was gone. It was recovered 2 weeks later in a town 2 ½ hours from here. My purse and laptop were permanently lost. Had to replace license and checking account. Lost some pictures that were important to me, one being a picture I'd gotten from my ex sis-in-law's at my ex father-in-law's recent funeral. It was a picture of me and mom and dad. Why did the thieves (thief?) need to take my purse? Take what you want out of it and leave it there. It was a nightmare but I am glad I got my car back. It still makes me sick that I spend my days helping alleged criminals get an attorney, but karma doesn’t dictate that I don’t also get to be the victim of those who apparently deserve to take things I’ve worked hard for. Thus, my job gets me down, though I don’t take it out on the clients. Though sometimes…ugh.

I am working crazy hours…around 50 a week but that’s not the problem, I know many of you could do that standing on your head. It’s that my hours are so spread out. 9-3 at the day job and then either 7 or 9 until 1 a.m. at the other. And still I struggle. Part of that is my inability to deal with life in general, which I tend to blame on my depression. Ah yes, the depression. I’ve been off any sort of anti-depressant or anti-anxiety for months and I thought I was doing really well. The depression is a recidivist (like many of our clients.) I’ve entered a bad place and I really tell myself that those times never last but it seems to be hanging around a couple of days here and it’s throwing me because every time I think I’ve got it together I realize I don’t. Who knows, in a couple of days I might be on Cloud 9,999. It’s a tricky sumbitch. I don't think my screwed up Circadian Rhythm Section (formerly Atlanta) helps that either. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Anyway, I appreciate that there are those who care if I’m still in this world. I’ll try to check in again soon, in a better mental condition, and tell you of my hopes for my immediate future.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:43 AM   #2795
infinite monkey

P.S. The 'merman', had he existed, would have probably just been more mutual disappointment.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:58 AM   #2796
glatt

thanks for checking in, I.M.

Sounds like a wild ride. Fun trip followed my major suckiness. Those 50 hours a week sounded awesome until you explained the schedule. Yuck. I can't tell you anything you don't already know about your depression. But let me remind you that it's lying to you. You're an awesome person.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:41 PM   #2797
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Good to hear from you, Infi. Feel better.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:47 PM   #2798
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

This place is better with you in it, Infi. I'm glad you checked in!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:04 PM   #2799
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Infinite who?

j/k

You seem to lose a lot of cars. It's like a bad dream.

WAKE UP INFI! You were having a bad dream.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:21 PM   #2800
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
It’s a tricky sumbitch.
Life is, indeed, a tricky sumbitch.

Quote:
P.S. The 'merman', had he existed, would have probably just been more mutual disappointment.
Well, he's a man, so...

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Never get in a canoe without planning on getting out. Unexpectedly.

Thanks for checking in.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:54 AM   #2801
infinite monkey

Thanks guys, you made me smile.

In addition to being tired a lot, I think I was getting dehydrated. That doesn't help with the dangerous doldrums either.

A bonus to the second job is that it's basically a workout for 4-6 hours, 5 days a week. Even on our slower nights I'm lifting and climbing ladders and walking and reaching and lugging (sometimes pallets with 4 or 5 heavy wooden doors, or 100s of gallons of paint using a pallet jack) and on our busy nights I feel like I had an Olympic quality workout. If my metabolism wasn't near zero now I'd probably weigh my HS weight right now. As it is, with much healthier eating and the aforementioned work, I've lost weight and I've regained muscles I forgot I even had. So I get discouraged when feeling better physically doesn't always trump feeling crappy mentally.

Oh, and I am now trained to operate the 'order picker' which is a contraption where you drive this thing around and ride the platform up to the top of the bays to put stuff up and take stuff down, and I just have a small test to be certified to operate the reach truck which is a forklift that reaches way up high, and out, to put large palleted stuff on tops of bays. Fun to learn to do, and everything looks good on a resume should I decide to go back to The Wonderful World of Manufacturing.

And I really really like the folks I work with on the night job. They're just a good bunch of people. We work our asses off but we also laugh a lot. It's too bad I couldn't just do that job for a living.

Anyway, again, thanks for your kind words. Lights in darkness.

Oh, foot, btw I don't LOSE cars usually...usually someone rams into me when I'm driving one. "He hates those cars! Stay away from the cars!"
Old 09-30-2015, 11:58 AM   #2802
glatt

Quote:
"He hates those cars! Stay away from the cars!"
LOL
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:29 PM   #2803
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Happy to hear you are well. Signed on for two things and you were one of them.

Keep smiling - "they" hate that.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #2804
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

You're not a jerk, IM.

Glad you're finally safely home. That totally sucks about being ripped off, sorry. So good to hear from you again, and hear your stories. Even if they are chock full of.... Unfortunate circumstances.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:09 PM   #2805
fargon

Glad that you are back. Did they ever catch the guy that stole your car?
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote