The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-07-2019, 04:07 PM   #841
Diaphone Jim
Junior Master Dwellar

Closest Casey's to CA is OK.
Four people in this state have heard of them.
Diaphone Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:17 AM   #842
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaphone Jim View Post
"It shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't let it sit in the tank, or more than 2 months in the can."
I have five cans and close to twenty tanks on equipment, many premix.
Any ideas as to how to reasonably follow your plan?
It would be a lot of work to buy as you need it and drain the tanks if you're not going to use that piece for a few days. That would only work for normal people with a lawnmower and a weedwacker or chainsaw, so no, not a practical one.
Did you try the links to where you can buy un-ethanoled gas?
Old 05-08-2019, 10:53 AM   #843
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Stabil?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:04 AM   #844
Diaphone Jim
Junior Master Dwellar

I have looked for alcohol free gas in the past and again when I posted above. For some reason, California (far from the corn belt) has the fewest outlets by far.
I have been told that Stihl warranties are invalid if gasohol is used. Interestingly, Stihl makes no such claims in its literature or on its website, saying that E10 (10%) is OK.
I think there are a bunch of non-engine performance factors in this near scam.
As I said, my Stihl chainsaw functions well after 28 years of gasohol use.
As much as I hate to tempt fate, I have to say that all the other equipment (see number of tanks above) I use regularly show no ill effects that I can see. Many are over 20 years old and one is 71.

I was hoping to find the experiences of others in the Cellar.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:41 PM   #845
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

One of those links show 22 CA stations, the other one only 5.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:15 PM   #846
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

If you are in range of a Shake Shack, I am here to tell you that their chicken nuggets are 100% the real deal. Hearty seasoned outer coating, actual non-mechanically-separated chicken meat inside.

50% pricier than most fast food nuggies because quality.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:39 PM   #847
Hopalong48
Colloquialist

My 34 year old Snapper was not designed for gasahol so I buy the additive to overcome the problem. You can by straight gasoline in a lot of marinas, big PITA to get to the gas pump. I live in the cornbelt so there isnt much straight gasoline here but it can be found.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Hopalong48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:13 PM   #848
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Kwik Trip premium is real gasoline no ethanol. that's what we all run in our small engines around here.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:54 AM   #849
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
There's just something about the head computer geek taking out a fountain pen to sketch an explanation of email routing that appeals to my old school-ish-ness.
I grew up writing with a fountain pen, just to be different; and have now returned to it, because it's better.

The fine folks at jetpens.com supply superior pens, and all the things that go along with them, and they offer a "beginner sampler" of cheap fountain pens to see how you like them. I always liked them, just needed a good one to settle on. I found my muse in the Platinum Preppy in 0.3mm with black ink.

This is absolutely the proper way to apply ink to paper. There's something deeply pleasing about it. I am writing things just to write with it.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 12:06 AM   #850
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Aww geez, bad enough they named it preppy but they had to print it in big letters on the barrel.

I have a problem with my checkbook register, every pen I've tried skips on the left side where I hold it, from my greasy thumb I guess. So I'll try one of these but only in the privacy of my home... I won't be seen in public with it.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:58 AM   #851
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

The product I wholeheartedly endorse is the Honda EU1000.

http://https://m.powerequipment.honda.com/generators/models/eu1000i

It’s 29lbs dry and easy to maneuver. You can tuck it away for a time of need or take it with you for camping weekends.

After 2 years of storage it only needed 4 cranks on the starter to fire up and to run perfectly. Only 2 cranks for the following start.

It’s enough power to run a microwave on medium, runs the mini fridge without struggling, and has an outer housing that stays cool even with extended use.

It’s small enough to sneak into a rented room undetected and quiet enough not to attract attention. Perfect for someone that moves from one excrement hole room in this city, to another often.

It’s gas operated so that’s a limitation but does run about 8 hours on one .6 gallon tank.

Overall, it’s as perfect as one could expect. It seems to thrive on neglect.

Did cost $820. But its great insurance for me off traveling for work.

Does anyone else own and endorse a Honda generator?

Last edited by slang; 02-18-2020 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Fixed link
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:40 AM   #852
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Very good baked in the oven. Haven't tried them from the fryer yet.

Name:  nathan's.jpeg
Views: 254
Size:  47.8 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:49 AM   #853
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
So I'll try one of these but only in the privacy of my home... I won't be seen in public with it.
Cancel that, fuck them, they don't need my fucking phone number to mail me the damn pens, the post office NEVER calls.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:11 AM   #854
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Yeah, fuck that. I get enough unwanted calls. I pretty much keep my cell turned off unless I'm expecting a call.

Old 02-18-2020, 03:27 PM   #855
Diaphone Jim
Junior Master Dwellar

slang:
I bought a Honda EU2200i ($1000) last year anticipating fire season and PG&E BS.
Ran it for about 20 minutes to make sure I could get it going easily when the emergency came.
When it did, the thing would not start or run and the dealer told me the warranty did not cover the fuel system and I needed a carburetor rebuild for about $100.
A long trip to town (twice) and waited in line with other suckers for what I finally figured out was a sneaky, well practiced 5 minute jet cleaning for a bargain $60!
It did do pretty well when needed, grunting for the microwave and toaster (don't try them together).
There were several other things that happened that I didn't expect of Honda.

I think I'll go test it.