The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 09-09-2019, 07:04 PM   #1
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Deja Vue. Another defeat.

In early days of Nixon, Kissinger (then National Security Adviser) and Nixon are recorded; both admit American had been defeated in Vietnam. But Nixon did not want to be the first American president to lose a war. His reputation was more important than the many 10,000 American servicemen who would be sacrificed.

Desperate to surrender without it looking like a surrender, America started secret peace talks with N Vietnam. Without any representatives from the S Vietnam government. It resulted in Paris talks where S Vietnam was excluded.

Eventually America promised to leaven Vietnam only on empty promises from the North. And, of course, the S Vietnam government was left to whither on the vine.

We know why America was defeated. America violated fundamental after fundamental military concept as even defined by Sun Tzu.

As soon as America surrendered and left, then N Vietnam overran the south two years faster than they expected.

Desperate to surrender without it looking like a surrender, America started secret peace talks with the Taliban. Without any representatives from the Afghan government. The Don is trying to surrender in a way that will not look like a defeat. Because America has been defeated in Afghanistan. Because America violated fundamental military concepts as even defined by Sun Tzu over 2500 years ago.

Those reasons why are clearly defined when and because George Jr abandoned Afghanistan to waste 5000 American lives in Iraq - for no purpose.

Let's see. The entire economy of India was then worth about $2 trillion. The economy of China was worth $11 trillion. We wasted $3 trillion in Iraq. And about $2 trillion in Afghanistan. How do great empires self destruct? Their leaders first want to solve everything with big dics - a big military. And then are too smart to listen to a genius from 2500 years ago.

And so The Don now wants to surrender to the Taliban. Because George Jr screwed it up. The Taliban made some inroads and then were driven back during Obama's term. In the past three years, the Taliban now control 80% of Afghanistan.

What concession must the Taliban make? They promise to not give Al Qaeda a protected home in Afghanistan. Promise without any reason to not recant.

The Don canceled those talks at the last minute as if someone suddenly realized how wrong it would be to start the surrender on the week of 11 September. Using one of many American deaths to justify it.

Don't fool yourself. The Don is trying to surrender Afghanistan to the Taliban just like Nixon did to S Vietnam. So that his ego can claim another victory - at the expense of Afghanistan.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:22 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That three trillion wasn't all wasted, much of it made the people Ike warned us about very rich.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:49 PM   #3
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

TW himself, of course, cannot be said to have attempted to defeat any tyranny, any less-than-capitalist social order, on any day, back then or even now.

Oh, no. Begs to be excused.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:22 AM   #4
tw

Can somebody translate that?
Old 09-26-2019, 09:02 AM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

If you can understand post #1, Shirley you can understand post #3.

I think he called you a Trump-lover.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:14 AM   #6
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

Can somebody translate that?

Yep: he sez you're a pussy who's never had a fight and wouldn't know what to do if you did.

He sez if there was a way out of a fight, you'd take it, up to and including orally servicing the enemy.

You're welcome.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:08 PM   #7
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

All that may be, Henry Q, but more directly, it's that TW's anticommunist credentials are insignificant next to mine.

I raised my right hand and took the oath to support and defend the Constitution, donning my country's uniform, with the direct intent of destroying communism. Continued, in one capacity or another, for ten mortal years. That was my job.

Go ahead -- try and imagine tw retaining a functionality in a military environment. They'd've washed the cripple out in boot camp's second week. The official view would be "Failure To Adapt."
Old 10-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #8
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Go ahead -- try and imagine tw retaining a functionality in a military environment.
This is the guy who could not get beyond the first chapter of a book on military strategy. He did not even know what phase four planning is. But he is an expert (just like The Don) because he can post insults.

Facts well proven through history. Another characteristic of a wacko extremists. Plenty of cheapshots. No knowledge. He even worships The Don.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:35 AM   #9
henry quirk

TW's anticommunist credentials

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 10-04-2019, 09:38 AM   #10
henry quirk

try and imagine tw retaining a functionality in a military environment

I can only imagine him as he is: protected, incapable, autistic (an old male {not 'man', just 'male'] version of lil Greta).
Old 10-04-2019, 09:39 AM   #11
henry quirk

Facts well proven through history.

Indeed. When you gonna post some?
Old 10-05-2019, 09:46 AM   #12
tw

When was the last time he actually contributed something that was not his emotions? Others had been banned from the Cellar for doing so much less.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:53 AM   #13
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

No they had not.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:31 AM   #14
henry quirk

"When was the last time tw actually contributed something that was not his emotions?"

Damned good question.

#

"Others had been banned from the Cellar for doing so much less."

UT won't dump tw: he's a caution (and a card)
Old 10-06-2019, 11:05 AM   #15
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

The solution seems obvious to me.

We need to send the DOD all the bean counters from GM. The benefit would be better cars and trucks that could be used in combat operations on a much greater scale at a much lower price.

You can learn more about this and many other ideas at my fake link:

SlangsCompletelyDumbAssedIdeasThatJustMightWork.com/bean counter redistribution - what is in it for you