The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #5746
glatt

I just saw infinite monkey's post in there. I totally missed it as my post went up. Sorry to hear your knee is giving you pause, but pleased to hear you are keeping up.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 09:13 AM   #5747
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I have an important networking event tomorrow afternoon, a presentation to the hospital Board on Monday, several site visits to regional companies early in the week, and another work event on Wednesday evening ... and my left eye has just developed a lovely case of episcleritis. My eye is red, with a big raised patch on the lateral side that looks gross, and it's painful enough to be distracting. Also, I can hardly keep it open.

I'm heading to the pharmacy to pick up some steroid and NSAID drops that I hope will settle it. Otherwise I may be wearing a holiday glitter eye patch for all these meetings and events.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #5748
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Dress like a Pirate.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #5749
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Or Borg.
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2014, 02:20 PM   #5750
orthodoc

Hahaha! I wish ...

Although if the 'roids and ketorolac drops keep helping, I won't need to dress like either one. Hooray for 'roids!!
Old 12-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #5751
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

They'll make your testicles shrink.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #5752
orthodoc

I'll keep that in mind.

But oh, the blessed relief! 'Roids aren't benign, but when you really need 'em, there is no substitute.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #5753
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

The subtle dick sucking.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #5754
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Oh, ye--Wait, whut?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:13 PM   #5755
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

There is surely no work to be done for the rest of the xmas season, yet here I sit at my desk waiting for work to come in and be done, so that I can avoid taking valuable vacation days up during this slack period.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:25 PM   #5756
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Eeeeeeeeasy money.

These are the good old days.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:47 PM   #5757
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

My computer just had a stroke. Locked up tight. No CTRL-ALT-DEL, nothing. Did a hard reset, everything seems ok. I think that's the first time this particular 'puter locked up in the BSOD way.

Do ya still get the Blue Screen Of Death when the computer takes the short dirt nap?

I had one tab open in Firefox (34.0.5, updated yesterday afternoon, hating the new search bar, btw) and was in GooglEarth (6.2.2.6613) StreetView looking at the Red Lobster in Times Square, when it laid down.

I updated Windows (a massive undertaking, I hate updating Windows, something always goes wrong during or after) yesterday, also. I did the FF update, then messed around, everything seemed kosher. Updated Windows, messed around a little, everything seemed fine. Updated AVG, and everything seemed fine after that, too.

Maybe the puter just decided to sneeze or something.

ETA: I was trying to determine if Billy had eaten a red lobster in Times Square, or eaten at Red Lobster in Times Square. Perhaps it was both.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #5758
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
... and was in GooglEarth (6.2.2.6613) StreetView looking at the Red Lobster in Times Square...
I totally did this too!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:53 PM   #5759
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Curious minds...

Old 12-24-2014, 05:41 PM   #5760
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
There is surely no work to be done for the rest of the xmas season, yet here I sit at my desk waiting for work to come in and be done, so that I can avoid taking valuable vacation days up during this slack period.
Ah well, tomorrow is another day.

Tags
mild cheddar