The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #946
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Attn: Big V

The Washington Pint glass. With a USGS data based Mt Rainier molded into the bottom. I say 'molded', it's actually blown...into a mold.

Name:  151021_TheWashingtonPint_Beer_grande.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  74.8 KB

Also available, the Oregon Pint, with Mt. Hood.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:10 PM   #947
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

*THAT* is Awesome!

Here's a very different one that I've recently seen and admired.

Name:  Skull_Shot_Glass_-_001.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  117.1 KB
Old 02-23-2016, 09:38 AM   #948
glatt

This product isn't here yet, but it's giving me hope that in just 3-4 years it will be an option.

An implantable permanent lens that can replace the rapidly stiffening lenses in my own eyes. We already have cataract replacement lenses now and they come in a fixed focus that will make the distance sharp and you have to wear reading glasses to see close up. And there are even more expensive multifocal ones that don't focus on any one distance but instead focus on maybe 6 different focal points and a kind of jumbled image hits your retina and hopefully your brain can sort out the correct one you want to see. I tried multifocal contact lenses and they suck, so multifocal implantable lenses sound horrible.

Ophthalmologist Garth Webb of Ocumetics in Canada has invented a flexible lens that your eye muscles can flex and it will focus on any distance, just like your natural lens. Except unlike your natural lens, it won't get cloudy with cataracts, it will remain flexible, even as you age, and it can be set to the correct power for the shape of your eyeball so your vision is perfect. In fact, it can be set to a power that is better than what you ever experienced, even with corrected vision.

He has multiple patents, and the news articles don't say which patent covers the lens that works, but it looks like it might be this one filed in 2014.

Abstract:
Quote:
A suspension system (haptic) for intraocular lenses comprises an expandable body portion, such body portion comprising one or a plurality of hollow cavities, each hollow cavity comprising at least one opening communicating between the interior of the cavities and the exterior of the expandable haptic to permit ambient fluid to flow into and out of the hollow cavity and wherein the walls of the hollow cavities exhibit structure or elasticity to cause the walls to return toward their original shapes after being compressed by an external force.
When I was young, my eye doctors over-corrected my vision so I had fucking eagle eyes far away, and my eyeballs were still young enough that I could flex my internal eyeball lenses to see shit up close. Now, with 48 year old eyes, I can't focus close up as well any more, so my eye doctor is under-correcting my distance vision to give me a better chance to see up close. So shit is slightly blurry both far away and up close. Sucks.

I would pay a king's ransom to see well for the rest of my life starting today. I should start saving up now. You know insurance won't cover this.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:47 PM   #949
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The lens in that abstract sounds like a miniature version those eyeglasses somebody invented a few years back, that had an adjustable liquid lens. they claimed they could be mass produced and distributed to third world countries as a one pair fixes all.

Ah, here it is.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:07 PM   #950
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  Endoskeleton.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  152.4 KB

The Hot Toys 1/6th-scale Terminator: Genisys Endoskeleton Figure

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:14 PM   #951
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  ranchdressingsoda.JPG
Views: 451
Size:  62.0 KB

Old 03-14-2016, 06:47 PM   #952
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Old 03-26-2016, 12:41 AM   #953
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No. Fuck no!
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2016, 12:01 PM   #954
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 06:17 PM   #955
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Nineteen minutes of glitter beard?

Name:  WTF.JPG
Views: 350
Size:  22.0 KB

Old 04-01-2016, 12:53 AM   #956
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I believe this is still on the drawing board, but it's planned to replace those smelly, bad tempered camels, for wealthy desert dwellers.
The little roof offers shade, and acts as a roll bar.
The A/C blows cool air on the back of your neck, as well as up through holes in the seat cushions.
At speeds under 20mph it will turn, like a tank, in it's own footprint.
I can picture those short front tracks throwing mucho sand, and not able to trip roll over obstacles, like some of the truck adaptations.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2016, 11:13 AM   #957
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Just what, not why.[/paulharvey]

Name:  whut.JPG
Views: 416
Size:  42.9 KB

Old 05-28-2016, 08:17 AM   #958
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Just what, not why.[/paulharvey]

Attachment 56585
Want.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 03:55 PM   #959
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  deadpool knife block.JPG
Views: 339
Size:  65.0 KB

Old 06-23-2016, 04:06 PM   #960
Griff
still says videotape

Nice