The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-30-2016, 08:05 PM   #1021
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Is that a carrot in the birds beak? Who does that?

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:08 PM   #1022
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Those aren't wussy country birds, those are burb birds. That's a cigarette butt.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:19 PM   #1023
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:47 AM   #1024
glatt

Beat the Boss, a cellphone manufactured and marketed for smuggling into prison in your posterior.

Name:  Beat The Boss phone.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  49.9 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:02 PM   #1025
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

"Customer" reviews:

Quote:
You can barely feel the vibrate function when it's concealed. Bluetooth reception is okay but using the small buttons while it's concealed is nearly impossible. I just don't have that kind of muscle control.
Quote:
I've been extremely satisfied with this phone's call quality. Unfortunately it seems extremely easy to accidentally butt dial your contacts in circumstances where the phone might get randomly poked a few times in a row. My mom was terribly confused and I had a lot of explaining to do.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:59 PM   #1026
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh for christ's sake.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:25 PM   #1027
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Reception is shitty.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:45 AM   #1028
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I'm obsessed with getting LED bulbs for my candelabra style dining room light. It uses 5 x 60 watt incandescent bulbs and it kills me to be consuming that much power.

The old LEDs I had were problematic. They were too expensive, they flickered like a very fast strobe light, and they got too hot and burned out after less than a year. The flickering was a result of the base being too small to fit a capacitor.

I just found a new bulb that appears to fix all of those problems. These new bulbs ahve the same filament technology, except they have a large metal heat sink above the base. The heat sink disperses the heat, so they should last longer, and the large heat sink is big enough to contain a capacitor that will even out the current and stop the flickering. The price is also much more reasonable at $3.80 per bulb.
Attachment 57980
OK. Fuck this filament LED technology in a candelabra bulb bullshit.

In the 6 months since I bought the latest round of LED bulbs that I thought would be good, 3 of the 6 have failed. The candelabra bulb is just too small to dissipate the heat.

So I have moved on to a third style of bulb. This is similar to the Cree that tw recommended. The new kind I am trying have been reviewed by thousands of Amazon customers and most give it great reviews. The few who complain all have the same story. Some bulbs failed after a short while, but the manufacturer was happy to replace them.

So that's who I am going with. They don't look like traditional bulbs, but with a shade over them you can't tell. The color is good. And return instructions are right in the box of bulbs for if/when they fail.
Name:  51kZzf9XE5L.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  40.8 KB

I've probably spent $100 over the last few years trying to save a few cents of electricity. I feel like a moron. But I am honest with you about it so you don't follow in my path. At least not until I succeed.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:13 PM   #1029
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
And return instructions are right in the box of bulbs for if/when they fail.
That might be your sign right thar.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:34 PM   #1030
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  klingon beer.JPG
Views: 615
Size:  68.4 KB

Yeah, drink too many and you'll be speaking Klingon in the morning.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:23 PM   #1031
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Stanley Cup Oreos???

Name:  stanley cup oreos.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  58.9 KB

Old 07-16-2017, 01:18 AM   #1032
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  farts.JPG
Views: 479
Size:  53.3 KB

Old 07-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #1033
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  mmm.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  53.1 KB

Nice +.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:37 PM   #1034
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  frenchfryholder.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  62.1 KB

Old 08-01-2017, 04:40 PM   #1035
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  intellifuck.JPG
Views: 341
Size:  78.7 KB