Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #16
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123
Thanks Clodfobble, I always think of the advice you gave me some time ago, and it helps me be more brave!
Er, ah--GREAT!

What advice was that, again?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:33 AM   #17
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

It was a long time ago, and I was crabbing about my job, and you (in your supremely wise and nonsensical way) said to go for a change...only I can do that...etc!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:43 AM   #18
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Well it's true! It would appear I give good advice then.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #19
Ibby
erika

Went clubbing tonight, for the first time.

Snuck out - mom was in bed, dad was out at dinner. Me and a bunch of girls (who met in the apartment downstairs) were in the elevator leaving... the door opens on ground floor and, who else is standing there but... poppa. I freak and make myself as small as i can possibly be and somehow, miraculously, he doesnt see me. The girls, thinking fast, mumble something about forgetting a person while trying to hide me as best they can. After practically an eternity... the door closes without him getting in. It goes back up, i race upstairs to my apartment and crawl into bed in case he saw me or suspected me or something. I hide there for a minute - nothing. His door closes at the end of the hall - I race outside again. Totally in the clear.

Clubbing itself was both uneventful and unexciting. Listened to a lot of shitty music, moved around a lot in some semblance of dancing, had a brain damage and some of my friend's whiskey and ginger ale, eventually got tired of not talking, dancing badly, and just kinda sitting around awkwardly on my ass, I just kinda took off. I dont think theyve even noticed i've gone yet...

clubbing just isnt my thing i guess.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #20
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
Clubbing itself was both uneventful and unexciting. Listened to a lot of shitty music, moved around a lot in some semblance of dancing, had a brain damage and some of my friend's whiskey and ginger ale, eventually got tired of not talking, dancing badly, and just kinda sitting around awkwardly on my ass, I just kinda took off. I dont think theyve even noticed i've gone yet...

clubbing just isnt my thing i guess.
Reminds me of many a party in college. And yet I kept going to them.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #21
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Am indifferent to the live basketball HM is watching (Boston vs Minnesota). It's actually happening a mile down the road in the 02 dome, but he doesn't have tickets.

I'm not interested enough to watch, not annoyed enough to take the laptop upstairs.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:05 AM   #22
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Am indifferent to the shitty emails I got this morning from a fellow party member (one of 'the internal enemy') in response to a 'postponed committe meeting' group mail I sent out. Was feeling a bit upset by them when I opened my mail at 7am: sent back a measured response, got a mouthful in reply; sent out a slightly more curt but still measured response and got a diatribe. Am now feeling fairly sanguine about the whole thing. The guy's a pain in the ass but clearly has no control over his emotional responses. Sucks to be him. Anyway...since he responded by just pressing 'reply' to what started out as a group email, he inadvertently sent his reply to the whole group *chuckles* now three people are writing complaint letters to the regional organisers about his 'uncomradely behaviour'. :P

And the day goes on.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #23
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Ha Haaa! People at my work do that constantly. They don't know how to use Microsoft Office e-mails or any e-mailing services, and inadvertantly send inflammatory e-mails to the whole company.......Usually it's because they've chosen to pick on a new person to the company, and everyone gets to see what a dick they are. This happens so much that you would think people would resist that urge and also learn how to use their e-mail. But they just don't. Social Darwinism and how it relates to technology?
Maybe if you don't know how to use e-mail yet, you cannot afford to be a flaming asshole. One of the major offenders at my work doesn't know that he left 2 albums of the go- go's on the company shared drive.....lol!!! Idiot. Nothing is wrong with the go go's. The fact that he thinks he secretly listens to the go go's is the funny part.

Dana just laugh....and don't tell him that he has sent it to everyone. He probably doesn't even know yet. Like the major offender at my work.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #24
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

sadly, I'm indifferent to about 65% of the threads on the cellar lately. you've all failed me miserably. just kidding. .....not really.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #25
glatt

You didn't like my thread about copying file names to a text document?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #26
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i didn't read it. see?

is it me?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #27
rkzenrage

Once someone dislikes me I am truly indifferent to them. I have compassion/empathy for them in a general "humanity" kind of way, but as for their feelings and what they want... I do not think of it in any way at all.
I realized this again yesterday.
A guy that goes to the library that decided he disliked me for a reason I cannot remember (another symptom, I forget everything about them immediately) started to talk to me and I just ignored him.
I was polite, but told him that if he insists on trying to argue with me he needs to leave me alone. I really don't care what he thinks or feels.
I sometimes forget how complete this is for those I include and exclude in my life.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #28
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

the word "moist"
Old 10-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #29
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
the word "moist"
I love it when a thread reference crosses over

I am indiffrnt to th lttr " ".

I am not indifferent to the fact that I have stayed up past 2 am all this week, in the cellar. And logged on before work the next day. Is this normal?
ZenGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #30
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Is this normal?
Of course. Why do you ask?