The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 05-19-2002, 09:20 PM   #1
hotdude729
Purple Monkey Dishwasher

DALLAS

We all know dallas kicks ace. All of texas kicks ace except Ft. Worth. Forth Worth blows bc they copy dallas in everything and its only a bunch of redneck NASCAR fans running around wearing cowboy hats and jeans with buckles half the size of them. To sum it up, Texas rocks, Dallas Rocks, Ft Worth Blows!!!
hotdude729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 10:26 PM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Does Texas really kick ass? Why? I've never been there, and you haven't presented me any reason to want to go there, other than your opinion that it "kicks ace." So, what's in Dallas besides the "grassy knoll" and a million people?

At least you gave somewhat of an explanation as to why Ft. Worth blows.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 07:41 PM   #3
hotdude729
Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Explanation

First i will ignore the mocking. But anyway Dallas "kicks ace" for many reasons which include: The Dallas Cowboys (they may suck now but the got history), Mavericks (awesome now), there arent whores everywhere (this could be a bad thing for some of you), its clean, not freezing cold, not a bunch of hicks, nut full of fat people (coughHOUSTONcough), not full of inbreds (which isnt bad unless you like kids that are as quick as molasses), and there is a texas spirit that inhabits the land (i know its corny).

Now, Ft Worth sucks bc they copy dallas in everything. And it is a dump (at least what i have seen of it), TCU sucks, those damn Radio Shack buildings that look so stupid, and finally at there science museum they have a whole bunch of mullet growing rednecks waving on top of a roof and whining about the negative effect of light pollution on the moon. Because you now all those people on the moon sure do get pissed

If you need more explanation then ask
Old 05-21-2002, 07:43 PM   #4
hotdude729
Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Grassy Knoll

And the grassy knoll incident was in the 60's and we do not endorse that crap.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:04 PM   #5
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Re: Explanation

Quote:
Originally posted by hotdude729
First i will ignore the mocking
It wasn't mocking so much as goading you into offering something of substance about Dallas.

Quote:
nut full of fat people (coughHOUSTONcough)
Dallas is at no. 5 on the fat cities list, after Houston, Chicago, Detroit, and Philadelphia.

Nobody was endorsing the grassy knoll. It's about the only thing I really know about Dallas, other than the fact that it's one of the largest cities in the US.

So, are there good art museums there? What about food? Are the people friendly? What's a hip yet earthy place to hang out a la Philadelphia's South Street or Chicago's Wicker Park?

It's not that hard.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 09:53 PM   #6
hotdude729
Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Dallas (cont.)

So, are there good art museums there? What about food? Are the people friendly? What's a hip yet earthy place to hang out a la Philadelphia's South Street or Chicago's Wicker Park?

Well YES. Dallas is home to the Meadows art museum at Southern Methodist University. It is i believe like the biggest or 2nd biggest museum of Spanish art outside Spain. I haevnt been but i have heard it is magnificent. Food is superb. Dallas is the home of the original Chile's, and has other great casual and formal places but there are too many to name some examples are Landry's and Burger House(very casual). Hang out spots would be Deep Ellum for clubing and for a good earthy spot that a lot of people are, a there a tons of parks but i cant think of anything like central park or south street, tell you if i can. And are the people nice, well this is the south and that is a pointless question bc the south is home to the nicest people in the nation. We talk to random people.

If you want websites i will give them to you

www.geocities.com/hotdude729

Old 05-22-2002, 01:37 AM   #7
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

Re: DALLAS

Quote:
All of texas kicks ace except Ft. Worth.
I'm guessing, then, that you've never been to San Angelo?

How about El Paso?
Hubris Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 09:19 PM   #8
hotdude729
Purple Monkey Dishwasher

San Angelo?

What about San Angelo? I have never been there, but i have been to El Paso. Its not bad, just a little hot. Little is an understatement. But its not bad. I didnt see much, I just went visted UTEP and went to Jaurez but nothing else.
Old 05-23-2002, 10:24 AM   #9
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

Re: Dallas (cont.)

Quote:
Food is superb. Dallas is the home of the original Chile's, and has other great casual and formal places but there are too many to name some examples are Landry's and Burger House(very casual).
Ever eat at <a href="http://www.snuffers.com/">Snuffer's</a>? I know the girl whose dad owns the place. He built the original himself after getting discharged from the Navy. He didn't have any money, and liked to cook. Everyone always said he made a decent hamburger, so he decided to see just how good it was. She also told me that at first he was so poor that he sometimes had to sleep in the office or on a booth when he couldn't afford rent. Last time I saw him, he was driving a new Benz convertible V-12. Nice car. I've never tasted his burger, though.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 10:30 AM   #10
Nic Name
retired

I've never tasted his daughter, though.

Nic Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 10:43 AM   #11
dave

For those of you who can't see it 'cause you're at work...

http://www.digipulse.org/images/CL103.jpg
Old 05-23-2002, 05:25 PM   #12
hotdude729
Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Snuffers's

Yes i have eaten at Snuffers! It is a great place to hang out and the cheese fries are the best. Snuffers is awesome.
Old 05-23-2002, 05:29 PM   #13
hotdude729
Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Dallas

For those of you that think dallas is just a prarie town with a bunch of cowboys n six-shooters

Old 05-23-2002, 05:32 PM   #14
hotdude729
Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Snuffer'S info

the 411 on Snuffer's

Old 05-23-2002, 05:34 PM   #15
hotdude729
Purple Monkey Dishwasher

blowmeetheclown

Hey clown would your friend whose dad created snuffer's happen to live in Highland Park?