The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-09-2015, 11:07 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

My day: let me tell you about it

got up early (although late by my work standards) to drive Polo Girl to Final Day of District Championships. 45 minutes away. Halfway there, suffered a blow-out on the nearside rear tire. right at one of the busiest freeway intersections in the Detroit area. yay. Cop showed up pretty sharply, told me not to bother with AAA, an MDOT courtesy van was nearby and would be there in a jiffy to change my tire for me. Awesome. Then he left. 20 mins later called AAA (meanwhile -fortunately- we managed to contact another team car who was not yet at the point we had reached to pull over and grab Polo Girl and take her on)

For those who don't yet know, AAA's roadside emergency hotline sucks. and when you finally get through to the old biddy 10 states away, -after going through a bajillion automated menus and dropped calls..... she sucks too. Who knew it was unreasonable to give the State, Freeway Number, Direction, Mile Marker visible from the car (159.1), previous and next exit #s and the fact that you were on the shoulder on the ramp and expect them to be able to figure out where the fuck you were?

Then the AAA guy turned up in half the predicted time and did an awesome job. I only missed 5 minutes of the game. which they won 7-0 or something and made it to the final.

took car to get new tire..... previous were warrantied for 60,000 miles. Stupid car just hit 55555 a few weeks ago, and these are not the tires put on my the manufacturer

9yes, I have a pic of the 55555 on the odo)

Get text Thor score awesome goal at hockey (first awesome goal, rest .....against crappy teams)

lost the final to those stinking riverrats by one goal

sent PG off to prom

PG gets hair done in car by teammate on way back home, runs up to drees, Boyfriend turns up, quick pics, she's off. Game over.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:18 PM   #2
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Slept late by my standards (7:30 am.)

Took Minifobette to hip hop dance class, then straight over to a birthday party at a Build-A-Bear Workshop. What a fucking racket.

Dropped the girl off at home, and went to visit my high school best friend who I don't see much of anymore. Thinking about it, we text maybe twice a year and it had been at least three years since I saw her in person. Her daughters are dancers, and today they had 13 hours of competition at a high school up north where I live, so I kept my friend company for 90 minutes or so and saw one of the 5-ish dances her kids were doing today.

Picked up two dresses that I was having altered, the lady did a great job but took eight fucking weeks to do it, so I'm not using her again.

Did paperwork for the school's uniform exchange that I'm running in August. Boiled corned beef and microwaved asparagus and peaches for dinner. Put the kids to bed but can't sleep. Maybe now that I've unburdened myself it will happen?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:19 AM   #3
monster

hope it worked.

pg called at 11;30 with change of plan, no sleepover with friend instead midnight movie with her sweetie then coming home 3am (his mom chauffeur). 3am woken (as requested) when she came in , realize I still have contacts in. take 'em out, sleep again until 6, game over for sleeping. Now looking to find her corsage to see if we can preserve for next prom on Friday. Unlikely, but every penny helps. doing laundry, sent one kid off to hockey, will go and watch in a mo then go to pottery and then hopefully to gym. at some point I have to brave putting the lenses back in.... can't see for toffee right now Oh what a thrilling life we lead
Old 05-10-2015, 08:37 AM   #4
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

More than one prom? What wizardry is this?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:43 PM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Damn, you two wore me out, and all I did was read about it...

I'm guessing PG, and PG's sweetie go to different schools, thus, two proms, maybe?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 02:14 PM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

My buddy's son went to five proms one year. Five girls asked him to three senior and two junior proms the same year. He didn't go to his own.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:27 PM   #7
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Damn, you two wore me out, and all I did was read about it...

I'm guessing PG, and PG's sweetie go to different schools, thus, two proms, maybe?
yup. thank goodness she's sensible enough not to want two dresses