The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-23-2008, 08:12 AM   #31
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I had a horrible dream the other night.

I was in some holiday village (?) for some reason a bunch of other people were also on this holiday (though not with me at the time, I just knew they were about) and I was stepping out of a shop with Pilau when in front of us walked a little old lady...

I had that momentary realisation that Pilau was going to go for the old lady, but reacted to slowly and was still trying to pull him back when, in slow motion, he chomped her hand.

It was horrible. The fear that the police wuold take him and have him put down! The police who were in the police station a few doors down from the shop...

So anyway, the restbof the dream was about hiding pilau from the police and trying to lose ourselves in the village.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #32
Juniper
I know, right?

Last night I dreamed that my cousin, aunt and uncle came over to visit unexpectedly and proceeded to bitch about what a mess my house was. I'd been sick (as I have been, the past few days) and hadn't cleaned it (as I haven't, the past few days - and of course, if I don't, it ain't gettin' done...separate rant).

So I told my cousin that she was a shallow, snobby-ass bitch and so were her parents, and they might as well stay out of my life for good.

Which IRL would be fine with me, even though they act so sweet to my face.

I suppose it's on my mind because we generally get together at Christmas. We never did last year, though, and I think that's a fab new tradition for our families. The annual vague "we should get together sometime" call.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:23 PM   #33
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Last night I dreamt that some portly bald man with glasses offered me $10k to run cocaine for him over the border from San Diego to somewhere in Mexico. I agreed and was heading with another guy to pick up the car we were going to use when the Federales busted in and nabbed the guy I was with and the portly guy as well. They didn't get me because i hid under an overpass where the car was parked and bunch of homeless guys were hanging out. The cops asked the two guys some questions then executed them and left their bodies in the street. Then I woke up.

Still doesn't compare to the most violent dream I've had where I was in a wooded area sometime in the Middle Ages stalking a guy. I waited until he sat down by the edge of a lake to rest when I walked up behind him, grabbed his face with one hand to jerk it up and back and slit his throat with a pocket knife in my other hand. Kinda freaked out my roomates/coworkers with that one.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:39 PM   #34
pilau
He Who Must be Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I had that momentary realisation that Pilau was going to go for the old lady, but reacted to slowly and was still trying to pull him back when, in slow motion, he chomped her hand.
Really M'dear, must you use me to represent your Mr Hyde side? Woof
pilau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:27 PM   #35
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Professor View Post
I just dreamt I had a punch-up . . . .
I dreamed I reading stuff on the Internet, and it was all in English, but there were all these unfamiliar idioms that I couldn't grasp the meaning of.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:35 PM   #36
Mad Professor
Belt Conveyor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
I dreamed I reading stuff on the Internet, and it was all in English, but there were all these unfamiliar idioms that I couldn't grasp the meaning of.
hehe, sorry to confuse you Sir, we are quite antiquainted here on this sceptred isle

Lo Fidelity Allstars
Mad Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #37
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Last night I had a dream that I was at my high school, but I couldn't remember my schedule. I went to the front office to ask someone to look it up for me, but everyone I spoke to said they couldn't find any record of my being a current student there. After I insisted, they re-registered me, but I was told I would have to remember my schedule on my own. I wandered around campus but couldn't find any of the teachers I knew or even buildings I recognized. Eventually, I sat down in a beautiful, hi-tech cafeteria and befriended some students who were able to give me a listing of all the courses currently offered. The top of the paper said it was the 2019-2020 school year, and finally it dawned on me that I had graduated in 2004. My friends told me that I must have experienced a Thanksgiving time warp (?), and then asked to hear more about me. I explained that my time in high school wasn't particularly note-worthy, but that I did have classes with the "don't tase me, bro" guy. They smiled in recognition and said they had read about him in their history books. After a while I bid them goodbye and boarded a bus to come back to 2008.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #38
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I
I am at the library of a university near me. I am trying to find something. They have a card catalog, and apparently no computerized version. In the course of my research I learn that they do have a computer catalog, but not everything is in it. In the interests of completing the project, they have bar code readers which patrons can borrow and use to catalog items. I decide to take one and do my part by putting in a few items, but I become very frustrated after being unable to type in titles accurately.

II
I am at some kind of event, kind of a cross between a religious service and a graduation, where an institution is honoring a long-term employee. I am there, although several floors above the main event, watching. I am taken by surprise when I learn that one part of the (exceedingly long) ceremony is devoted to the commemoration of several useful things I have done. Nobody has warned me about this (in fact the citation in my honor is at least half incorrect), and there is a minor to-do as it's discovered I'm not downstairs on the dais where I'm supposed to be.

III
I'm playing in an orchestra. We're doing a piece which, though not exactly hard, is notated in an unusual way. (The beat is a double whole note, and there are four beats per measure.) I am meeting in a room in some kind of building with two of the young college students who recently joined the orchestra to help them understand ho the piece is put together, so they'll finally be able to play it correctly.

IV
I'm on the way to a conference with my daughter's teachers. In order to get there I need to make my way through a US highway that I normally take to and from work. At the moment, however, there is about a 2-mile stretch of construction that I have to hike over. (Alternate routes don't seem to be in evidence.) I meet up with a woman who is, in the dream, one of my daughter's teachers, but is in reality a professor I work with sometimes. We end up going over the last half mile or so together.

These were all on one night. Some common thread?
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #39
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I am in a group of refugees made up of me, the four Imagination Movers (preschool show on Disney,) and the lead female spy on Chuck. We are walking through a pitch-black underground train tunnel for miles and miles in an attempt to evade whoever it is that is after us. Along the tunnel at regular intervals are doors, which lead directly into people's homes. Several times we come across doors which have very young children sleeping beside them, because the parents wanted to stay up late and have a party inside. I am infuriated, since these kids could easily wake up and wander off down the tracks, but we are unable to do anything about it, lest we get caught.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:53 AM   #40
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I was shopping, and trying on new clothes, but somehow also posting on a different forum. One of the posters there referred to me by by full, real name, which freaked me out a bit.

Apparently Classicman was a regular on this new forum and was always talking about me.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:26 PM   #41
Juniper
I know, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatl View Post
Last night I had a dream that I was at my high school, but I couldn't remember my schedule. I went to the front office to ask someone to look it up for me, but everyone I spoke to said they couldn't find any record of my being a current student there. After I insisted, they re-registered me, but I was told I would have to remember my schedule on my own. I wandered around campus but couldn't find any of the teachers I knew or even buildings I recognized. Eventually, I sat down in a beautiful, hi-tech cafeteria and befriended some students who were able to give me a listing of all the courses currently offered.
Isn't that funny -- I've had that dream!

Worse yet, at one point I had that dream and then realized I was naked.

At least I *think* that was a dream.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #42
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

This morning, I had a nightmare.
Background - I only call dreams a nightmare if I wake up trying to scream. Anything else is a scary dream. I have had dreams so scary the premise makes me shudder the next day - they're like personal horror books or films.

But a nightmare can be very mundane in the telling (an excuse!). It just seems real at the time, and if it was real life it would be terrifying, just in a non-Hollywood way.

So, last night I was talking to my bro, and my sister was standing in front of the living room window. I don't remember her talking (not surprising) she was just staring into the room.

All of a sudden, I can see a man outside the window. He has a big black hat on, like a fedora I guess, and his coat is drawn up to his nose. He's really slinking about, his movements are unnatural and the feeling is instantly malevolent. His eyes are glinting under his hat but his face can't be seen.

Immediately I know he is about to smash his way through the window. He starts knocking on the window, like someone who isn't sure we heard the doorbell, but he is no ordinary visitor. I'm trying to shout, to scream at my sister to get away from the window! Get away! He's going to come in!

But all I can manage out of my dream mouth - all I can ever manage - is a series of staccato sounds. Last night it was. "Hoo, hoo, hoo [ad nauseum]"

I partially woke myself up with the sound. I thought my Mum came and woke me up, but she appeared at my right side, and that's the side of the wall in the spare room. I came to knowing it was all a dream but my heart hammering. I assumed my crying out was in the dream too.

Nope.
Mum heard it all. She got up to check the window - her first thought for nocturnal disturbances is that it is the cat fighting. As she woke up she realised it was me. She got as far as my door and I shut up. Apparently it was 06.30. They get up at 06.45. So she went downstairs to put the kettle on rather than comfort me. Her line this morning? "Once I knew there wasn't a Red Indian on the warpath..."

Well, I am 36.

Honestly? I'd half forgotten it by the time I got up at 09.00, assuming it wa a dream in the middle of the night. I wish she hadn't told me I'm now too old to be comforted after a nigthmare.

Last edited by Sundae; 01-06-2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Just typos
Old 01-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #43
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
He's really slinking about, his movements are unnatural
That's the creepy part, right there.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #44
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Thank you Glatt. you've got it completely.

That was where the pure terror was.
It gives me shivers even now, as I am sat with my back to a dark window - it's one of my recurrent fears.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #45
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Did he perchance have a slight air of the House on the Hill mad doctor about his movements?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote