The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-21-2015, 02:36 AM   #1
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

The Starlet Cookbook

This is an adapted recipe but as we grow to appreciate Starlet as a foodstuff, I'm sure the peculiarities of the flesh will lead us in new directions.

Remove heads and feet from 12 dozen starlets. Insert a sharp knife through neck cavity and carefully split each bird down the back, keeping breast intact. Remove backbone, then carefully remove breastbone, cartilage and ribs. The bird should look like a butterfly, with only wing and leg bones attached.
Place garlic cloves and ginger in the bowl of a food processor, and blend to a paste. Add aniseed, saffron, paprika, cayenne and lemon juice, and blend about 30 seconds to combine. Transfer blended ingredients to a mixing bowl, add chopped coriander and green onions and whisk in olive oil. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Place starlets in a shallow ceramic or enameled dish, add spice marinade and turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature before grilling.
Preheat broiler or outdoor grill to highest temperature. Sprinkle starlets with salt. Grill starlets, skin-side-up, for 4 minutes, and then turn to grill 3 minutes, skin-side-down. Baste frequently with marinade while cooking. Test for doneness: starlets are best served rare. Suggested times are for a very hot fire. A home broiler will take longer than mesquite or charcoal briquettes.
Serve with couscous, rice or a combination of bulgur wheat and rice, sprinkled with minced green onions and accompanied by a lemon wedge.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:52 AM   #2
Griff
still says videotape

I always wondered what happened when they hit 30 years of age...
Old 05-21-2015, 07:01 AM   #3
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Sorry Limey, but I think that's a bit disgusting.

Aniseed? Really?
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:13 AM   #4
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Starlet a la bento, per your preparation instructions.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:53 PM   #5
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
This is an adapted recipe but as we grow to appreciate Starlet as a foodstuff, I'm sure the peculiarities of the flesh will lead us in new directions.

Remove heads and feet from 12 dozen starlets. Insert a sharp knife through neck cavity and carefully split each bird down the back, keeping breast intact. Remove backbone, then carefully remove breastbone, cartilage and ribs. The bird should look like a butterfly, with only wing and leg bones attached.
Place garlic cloves and ginger in the bowl of a food processor, and blend to a paste. Add aniseed, saffron, paprika, cayenne and lemon juice, and blend about 30 seconds to combine. Transfer blended ingredients to a mixing bowl, add chopped coriander and green onions and whisk in olive oil. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Place starlets in a shallow ceramic or enameled dish, add spice marinade and turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature before grilling.
Preheat broiler or outdoor grill to highest temperature. Sprinkle starlets with salt. Grill starlets, skin-side-up, for 4 minutes, and then turn to grill 3 minutes, skin-side-down. Baste frequently with marinade while cooking. Test for doneness: starlets are best served rare. Suggested times are for a very hot fire. A home broiler will take longer than mesquite or charcoal briquettes.
Serve with couscous, rice or a combination of bulgur wheat and rice, sprinkled with minced green onions and accompanied by a lemon wedge.

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote