The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-16-2016, 12:12 PM   #931
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It turns out that McCullough was also the guy who said,

"I don't know, I was really drunk at the time"

...on Dark Side of the Moon.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:22 PM   #932
glatt

That right there is some excellent trivia.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:48 PM   #933
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Fuckin' A.

Good find UT.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:21 PM   #934
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
It turns out that McCullough was also the guy who said,

"I don't know, I was really drunk at the time"

...on Dark Side of the Moon.
Speaking of being really drunk, there is an intro to a song (I thought it was the pixies doing Manta Ray, but it might be unrelated since I heard it on a mix tape -- get the hell off my lawn!) where a woman is talking about how she was at a party or something and she went swimming in the ocean at night and felt all one with the universe and could hear the music in the distance and she thought she was this luminous being when she suddenly realized that she wasn't one with the universe, she was just really drunk and about to drown so she got the fuck out.

My details are sketchy but that was the general idea of her spiel. I sort of remember the name Annie Anxiety but didn't turn up anything.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:35 AM   #935
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ron Lester, 'Billy Bob' in "Varsity Blues", died June 17 of liver and kidney failure after asking to be taken off of life support.

He'd had gastric bypass surgery in 2001, lost 348 lbs, and had 18 plastic surgeries to remove excess skin.

Ron Lester was 45 years old.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:22 AM   #936
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Ron Lester, 'Billy Bob' in "Varsity Blues", died June 17 of liver and kidney failure after asking to be taken off of life support.

He'd had gastric bypass surgery in 2001, lost 348 lbs, and had 18 plastic surgeries to remove excess skin.

Ron Lester was 45 years old.
So, no help with the song then?
Old 06-19-2016, 11:55 AM   #937
Griff
still says videotape

not having any luck putting it together, is it maybe a movie clip?
Old 06-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #938
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
So, no help with the song then?
Whut'sthatnow? I assume it has something to do with the movie, but, I haven't seen it.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:40 PM   #939
Griff
still says videotape

The new Chekov, Anton Yelkin just died in a car crash.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:09 PM   #940
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Just read that, and came here to post it. The article I read said he got out of his car to check his mailbox, left the car in neutral. The car then rolled down his driveway, pinning him between a brick mailbox pillar and the car.

27 is no age to die.

Old 06-19-2016, 03:13 PM   #941
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Whut'sthatnow? I assume it has something to do with the movie, but, I haven't seen it.
Up a few posts
Old 06-20-2016, 01:00 PM   #942
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ah.

Thx.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:42 AM   #943
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Bad day for coaches

Pat Summitt, " a pioneer of women's college basketball who guided the Tennessee Volunteers to eight national titles in her 38 seasons at the university, died Tuesday morning. She was 64."

Buddy Ryan, "has died at the age of 82, his agent James Solano confirmed to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Over his 35 seasons of coaching in the NFL, Ryan spent time on the defensive staff for the New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings, Chicago Bears and Houston Oilers, and later worked as the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles and Arizona Cardinals. "
Old 06-28-2016, 12:43 PM   #944
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ryan built that awesome Bears defense that stomped everybody in 1985.

Helluva coach.

He also produced a pretty good coach in his son, Rex.

So was Summit, by all accounts.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:29 AM   #945
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

http://www.jambase.com/article/famed...rman-1952-2016

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bought the farm, dead not loved, famous corpses, karked it, kicked the bucket, pining for the fjords, pushing up the daisies, roadkill, sleeps with the fishes, taking a dirt nap, the dead zone, worm food