The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 07-10-2018, 02:00 PM   #241
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Mule View Post
Frankly, I'm miffed. Sexobon hasn't insulted me yet (that I'm aware of). What's up with that?
Make a misstake.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:05 PM   #242
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I did not take that miss. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:31 PM   #243
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
tw should challenge sexobon to a duel with the weapon of choice being the RPK-16.
Fun is greater with an AR-16. Using MS-16 a judges.

16 was also a good year. I still had enough fingers and toes to count the years.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:16 AM   #244
sexobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Fun is greater with an AR-16. Using MS-16 a judges.
Ignorance is bliss.

Quote:
16 was also a good year.
Of course, '16 is the year Trump was elected President.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:51 PM   #245
Mountain Mule
Slacker

Quote:

16 was also a good year. I still had enough fingers and toes to count the years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post

Of course, '16 is the year Trump was elected President.
And as a result, '16 is the year I joined the Resistance. I can't wait until the democrats start the Civil War, but first we must finish winning the Battle of Bowling Green.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #246
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Democrats are too busy fighting each other.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:17 PM   #247
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
And as a result, '16 is the year I joined the Resistance.
Well 2000 years later, the world went to hell. 16 was a good year.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:29 PM   #248
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
...but first we must finish winning the Battle of Bowling Green.
GASP!! Them's mah peoples!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:30 PM   #249
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Well 2000 years later, the world went to hell. 16 was a good year.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:31 AM   #250
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Democrats are too busy fighting each other.
Yep. The blue dogs are voting for the latest SC nutter. The excuse being they can't lose the seat to a Republican... What is the point of holding the seat if you're voting with the GOP anyway?
Old 07-31-2018, 08:29 PM   #251
sexobon

Meanwhile in Australia

Quote:

94 participants ran Australia’s Ellery Brookman Goldfields Pipeline Half Marathon earlier in July. The typical finisher had approximately 2.02 legs.

The average was thrown off by a local stray dog named Stormy, who met the runners before the race and then, citing a light schedule of licking himself and sleeping for 18 yards that day, decided to join them. Stormy ran the course diligently, hitting every checkpoint and finishing with an estimated time of 2:30 — good enough for a top 70 finish. Despite not wearing a bib, the very good dog was recognized for his efforts, earning a medal for running 13.1 miles despite stumpy legs.

“This dog is walking around, making itself known to all the runners. We get the air horn out and say ‘Go’ and off he goes with everybody,” volunteer coordinator Allison Hunter told Australia’s ABC News. ”Speaking with all the aid stations and marshals later, we found out he stopped at every single one.”

At the race stations he was having a little runaround and saying hello to the volunteers and participants, and then he would team up with another runner and keep on following the crowd. He was just out there having a trot through the bush and enjoying people’s company.

Stormy didn’t get much time to revel in his accomplishment, however. Rangers took the canine from the finish line, which is a pet-free zone, to the pound after no one claimed him at the end of the race. He’ll spend up to seven days in dog jail waiting for his owner to pick him up. Organizers were told the good boy is a year-old resident of a local Aboriginal community who doesn’t have a single owner, but knows everyone in town.

We thought he deserved a medal since he had done the whole thing. So Allison and I went down to the rangers, gave him a medal and gave him more exposure so hopefully the owner might see.

If no one claims the rugged half-marathoner pup by the end of the week, he’ll be put up for adoption. Anyone in western Australia looking for a running mate will be able to apply to give him his forever home for a cost of about $300, plus expenses.

So, if you’re feeling unmotivated today for any cause, just remember; if this stumpy little Australian dog can do it, so can you.

Name:  Doggone it.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  49.2 KB
Old 08-04-2018, 08:49 AM   #252
Griff
still says videotape

Look at that good boy!
Old 08-04-2018, 10:45 AM   #253
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

I had a feeling that I'd seen a similar report a couple of years ago.

Eventually I found this:

Quote:
Dog Accidentally Joins Half Marathon, Finishes Race In 7th Place

Quote:
The marathon entrant finished in seventh place, but she made several stops along the way.
Ludivine, a two-year-old bloodhound in Alabama, won a medal for her seventh-place finish in the Trackless Train Trek Half-Marathon.
She raced with other, two-legged runners, crossing the finish line of the 13.1-mile course with a time of 1:32:56.
All of this came as quite a surprise to Ludivine's owner who had let the dog out to do her business and thought she was just out running in the woods.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:04 AM   #254
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

What IS it about the half marathon that dogs love it so much!! It's the only race they ever run!!

IotD from 2011: Dog runs half marathon to support cancer research

Why: because they can't do a full marathon, and any shorter race is not newsworthy. Therefore the half marathon is the only race we will read about good dogs entering. Let's see if this hypothesis proves out.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:26 AM   #255
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Sometimes they do it.

Sometimes they even train dogs to do it for blind marathon runners. (Mute your speakers, a video on the page autoplays.) But they freely admit that of the 165 they've been training for marathons with the blind, only 12 are "race-ready."
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote