The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 08-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #3601
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

The World In 2000, As Predicted In 1910

Some are fairly accurate.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:14 PM   #3602
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Please, for your wallet, take a moment to read about The Surgery Center of Oklahoma, and their ilk, if you can find one:

They are a cash only hospital surgery center.

Dude had his knee replaced, and spent his week-and-a-half recovery period at the Marriott Residence Inn. They even brought him an ice machine and extra pain meds. No extra charge.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:02 PM   #3603
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's an interesting set up to be created by two anesthesiologists who are the highest paid segment of the medical profession. Won't work for me because without insurance it can't happen, but a good deal for those who can use it.

I was reading recently about having procedures done in Mexico, especially dental. Most of the doctors go to US medical schools.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:11 AM   #3604
Pamela
Deplorable

I had my upper teeth crowned in Mexico. $2500 including the anesthesiologist to knock me out so I would stop crying like a bitch.

Five years later, three have fallen off due to the dentist not leaving enough original tooth to cement the crown onto. Can't be repaired; must extract what little remains of the original, several root canals and implanted replacements.

No knockout this time.

Worth it? I dunno...
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:26 PM   #3605
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

For me, "Mexican dentistry" is not a confidence-inspiring phrase.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #3606
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Walmart's Most Surprising Top Sellers - State By State Map

KY & PA - Legos

TN - Traffic safety cones

Wisconsin - Shopkins. Wait. WTF is a Shopkin?

Old 08-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #3607
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I'm having a hard time believing walmart in VT sells more luggage racks, or in MA more tennis balls, or in AZ more toasters, than anything else. Nope, not buying that for a minute. If that were true the stores would close.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:12 PM   #3608
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Most Surprising Top Sellers

Not

Top Sellers

Quote:
Here are some of the -->most surprising<-- top-selling items in every state, according to Walmart.
They are not talking about overall top selling items.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:16 PM   #3609
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

OK, so is AZ selling more toasters than other states? Or toasters is a top seller behind all the stuff people normally buy all the time? Basically it tells us nothing.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:22 AM   #3610
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

It's doing exactly what it says on the tin. You're over thinking it. I think. Everything is interesting...Look closer. But maybe not with a microscope.

It's just surprising things they sell a lot of in that state. It'd be plainer, I guess, if AZ's entry was winter parkas, I guess.

I take it that AZ's WalMarts sell a lot of toasters, compared to the nat'l average, and that therefore Arizonians really like toast, compared to the nat'l average. Not that they sell more toasters than anything.

It's not an especially valuable trove of info, I'll give ya that.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 08-18-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:27 PM   #3611
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

If they had said more than the National average that would be helpful but I guess half the states would be more than the national average. Guess they just picked out an item in each state that sold more than they expected. Interesting just poorly worded presentation.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:45 AM   #3612
Pamela
Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
For me, "Mexican dentistry" is not a confidence-inspiring phrase.
Well, my then-wife is his cousin and talked me into it. Apparently his clinic is only a block into Ciudad Juarez, he trained in the US and the clincher was an on-call knockout doctor. I am a dentist-phobe (and darn proud of it! ) and don't react well to pain. Most dentists on this side of the border only use 'conscious sedation' or good old Novocaine.

My experience was 100% positive at the time. I had all my upper teeth done over several hours. I awoke with NO pain at all, no wooziness like I had when I had an impacted wisdom tooth surgically removed in the hospital, not even a bad taste in my mouth. Once I was awake, the dentist came back in, made some small adjustments that were not possible with me asleep (painless but oh! that pneumatic grinder! <shiver>) and I walked right out the door. They provide a van to take me home, except the short walk through the border checkpoint which is required by immigration law and not a big deal and that was it.

He did say to let a few more hours go by before I tried to eat anything that required serious chewing to let the cement set up fully but that was no problem. I just had a light liquid lunch and was fully functional all day. Had a HUGE steak for a late supper though, as I had been on a full liquid diet for two weeks with the temporary crowns which would fall out if I talked too much and wound up super-gluing to hold them in long enough to get the permanent crowns made. I was hungry for real food and that one and a half pound T-bone was the best I had ever had! The biggest too! LOL

Note that I don't eat that much in one sitting but I treated myself that one time.

I'm just thinking now that the old saw about you get what you pay for does indeed hold true.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:46 AM   #3613
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I bet Arizona sells extra toasters because it's full of old people who grew up on toast as a guaranteed breakfast item, but modern toasters are shit and break in a year because there's no market outside of old people.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:12 AM   #3614
glatt

Don't get me started on toasters. There's a thread around here somewhere....
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 01:54 PM   #3615
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

We've had our Hamilton Beach toaster oven that we bought at Wal-Mart for 11 years. And it works as good today as when we first got it. Used it this morning for toast, it gets used used nearly every day. Just keep stuff clean and it will last along time.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote