The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #16
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Next time I'll try to express my disgust with the status quo in a more, um...'less disgusted with the status quo' kind of way.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #17
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

ok...I guess. I don't know what you mean by the status quo in this case though. I don't see how this thread and people's responses to it in any way reflect some wider problem.

Maybe I'm being particularly dense.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #18
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

OH SHIT

yeah... i had been viewing this thread on my phone, which does not do gifs.

thats fucking nasty, bill

shaw is right.

put a fucking NSFW tag on shit like that.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #19
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I think Shaw is commenting on the lack of an outcry from the regulars over that gif.

The eyes bulging out is what got me.

Bill, this place is like a bar. There are ladies present. There are even some minors. If you must post things like that, put a link to it with a good strong warning label, instead of just sticking it in our faces.

Do you understand?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #20
DanaC

On gifs and posting styles more generally: it has been pointed out to Bill that a lot of dwellars access via phones ( I mainly do these days) and that his posting format is not very phone friendly, but apparently he has to post in the best way to get his point across to his 'audience'.

Or...come in our mouths or whatever the fuck the skittles thing was about. Go figure.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #21
DanaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
I think Shaw is commenting on the lack of an outcry from the regulars over that gif.
I see. I think quite a lot of people hadn't seen the gif. I only saw it today. And it was fucking horrible. Very disturbing and not what I want to see when I enter a thread. Sure as hell wouldn't want that up on screen if I had youngsters about.

I still don't see how that lack of outcry was indicative of some major problem with the 'status quo' in the cellar though. Or was the result of people being 'spineless'.

Not trying to get at Inf, just genuinely not seeing what she is apparently seeing in the community.

Quote:
Bill, this place is like a bar. There are ladies present. There are even some minors. If you must post things like that, put a link to it with a good strong warning label, instead of just sticking it in our faces.

Do you understand?
Exsqueeze me?
Old 09-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #22
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Usually view the Cellar on my phone, so just now saw the gif. Not something I wanted to see. Bill's posts make me wary to enter any thread he creates or posts in because whatever I find usually makes me uncomfortable. I've never had to use the ignore feature and hope not to have to employ it now -- Bill, can you tone it down, please, or put a warning on thread titles?
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #23
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

OKAY.

I just made the mistake of opening the "For the love of Lucre" thread WHICH IS IN FOOD AND DRINK FOR FUCK'S SAKE only to find pictures of a mutilated rhino.

Can a mod please either delete or move that disgusting thread? Really not the place for posting gratuitously violent pictures with no discernible commentary.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #24
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
... his posting format is not very phone friendly, but apparently he has to post in the best way to get his point across to his 'audience'.

Or...come in our mouths or whatever the fuck the skittles thing was about. Go figure.
Have you ever noticed there's never a Dalek around when you need one ...
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #25
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I see. I think quite a lot of people hadn't seen the gif. I only saw it today. And it was fucking horrible. Very disturbing and not what I want to see when I enter a thread. Sure as hell wouldn't want that up on screen if I had youngsters about.

I still don't see how that lack of outcry was indicative of some major problem with the 'status quo' in the cellar though. Or was the result of people being 'spineless'. Not trying to get at Inf, just genuinely not seeing what she is apparently seeing in the community.
yeah, not defending her calling us all pussies... just trying to interpret the reaction. I don't really find the cellar as a whole culpable if they choose not to flip their shit over things I would flip my shit over.... but hey...

ladies present
Quote:
Originally Posted by danac

Exsqueeze me?
oh!

and Dana is here too!

sorry.

sorry dana
Old 09-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #26
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It's the Internet, always wear a helmet
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #27
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

and brass knuckles
Old 09-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #28
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I responded to the rhino thread because I think Will is trolling for a reaction.
This one went too far for me though.
I read Foot's original post, knew it wasn't anything I could help with and only came back because the last poster was LJ (coulda been any number of Dwellars I read regularly.)

Yes I know animals die for food.
Yes I get that it was a clean kill.
If'n hunting/ skinning/ dissecting meant I ate rather than not, then I would (I'd better have red thumbs as I have no green ones.)
I do not judge people who eat what they kill. Apart from Cambodian spiders; although I'd try anything before eating Diz, from whichetty grubs to fermented eggs.

But guess what?
I shit.
And before getting the contraceptive implant I used tampons.
And I occasionally vomit.

I'm not comparing those to hunting, just saying there are things you should choose whether you want to see. [PM me for my Pay Per View rates]
Old 09-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #29
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hey foots, watch out for the flying deer.
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #30
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

I consider myself a pretty tolerant person. I've been offended/disgusted to some degree by many posts here but never so regularly by a single user. That and the inconsiderate post formatting made Bill the only person I've ever put on my ignore list.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote