The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-19-2007, 07:18 PM   #181
rkzenrage

Thinking about it..
I've been very arrogant and trying to use my cane more instead of my wheelchair... I think I damaged myself worse doing it.
Between that and my implants battery dying, I really think the new pain level is what cause the stroke.
I hope this helps.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #182
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
The five-year-old has become very jealous of the toddler and is acting out physically against him. It's still within the range of normal and not a long-term concern, but it's hugely upsetting.
I'll tell you this because I have a degree in Early Childhood ed and not because I like to watch Supper Nanny :p

A 5 year old is way old enough to understand the concept of 'US'
SO make him/her a co partner with the two of you. Something special like a job to help with the baby like tokens in a jar or stickers. You can make her something special just for her and when she is nice to the baby she can have them. Every time she is nice it needs to be noted and tracked. A job just like mom and dad have jobs to do with the baby.
That's very basic but something like that will work if she is made to feel a part of a team. Like you need her help SO much but she'll need a tangible reward for appropriate behavior. Something she can see and collect. ...the collection part is a biggie. A jar or poster board of rewards she can look at always.

Last edited by skysidhe; 06-20-2007 at 09:03 AM. Reason: clarify.....clarify
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #183
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Thanks sky, but it's beyond being nice or not, he already resents being asked to help in any way with the toddler. He will wait very patiently until we are turned away for a second, then shove him down, or pinch, or hit him, and then claims it was an accident when the baby starts screaming.

It has gotten more under control now though--as always, this kid doesn't respond to punishments very well, but he especially seemed to respond to the one lecture where he was accused of being a "bully," that word really upset him and he's been behaving better since.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #184
skysidhe

I sounds like you have it under control then. I am sorry you're having a rough time of it.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:21 PM   #185
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
Thinking about it..
I've been very arrogant and trying to use my cane more instead of my wheelchair... I think I damaged myself worse doing it.
Between that and my implants battery dying, I really think the new pain level is what cause the stroke.
I hope this helps.
Yes. It does help. Someone's pain level causing their stroke just because they were trying to be more mobile really makes me feel like a douche for thinking I ever had a problem.
Thank you for the sincerity- I rarely get to come across it.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #186
skysidhe

Quote:
Three days hospitalized following a stroke.
Just got home.
Quote:
Thinking about it..
I hope this helps.
I didn't realize you had a stroke! I am so sorry. I am glad you are better.

I am curious as to HOW using your cane and your pain level caused your stroke.

Blood pools???
Old 06-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #187
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

coming back to carrollton after spending 4 days on the beach.. I do not like being landlocked..
Old 06-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #188
Cloud

I think just pain causes a stress on the system, right?
Old 06-22-2007, 05:17 PM   #189
Deuce
Pesky Pugalist [sp]

I yield back the balance of my time to the chair.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:18 AM   #190
skysidhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Same thoughts from me Sidhe.
I worry that you would get involved with someone with so little to offer - the most glaring omission being any integrity.
I am trying to save my face here...within myself I came up with these thoughts so I can go on with self confidence. I believe these things to be true SG.

I don't think I addressed this to my comfort level because I didn't go out with someone 'abusive' to begin with. Does anyone?
His mild passive aggressive traits were putting him on the friendship tract with me. He was good to my kid.

I worry that you would get involved with someone with so little to offer

about "the most glarring omission being any integrity"

How would I have known that before this occured?

We never fought !

We never fought...not in 8 or 9 months. This wasn't something I put up with. It was a bizzare one time happening.

We were good friends. ( I thought ) I thought we were moving into good friend territory where it should have been. We were old enough and mature enough to accomodate and modify the relationship ( thought) I couldn't have known those things before the fact because the behavior like that wasn't anything that had happened before.

I spoke my mind. I didn't swear or yell. This fact tells me he was guilty and deflecting...the cowardly breakup happened after.

As for any reasons of his deficiet of character before the break up told me we were better friends so I think I was on the right tract?

I was establishing us as friends. I was being tolerant.

When I could not tolerate rude behavoir that is when the shizzle hit the fan. I could not have known that from the 9 months prior.

I think my judgement is pretty good considering the facts.

He contrived a breakup. I didn't see it comming. Yes he was a cheap bastard but what guy isn't?
Old 06-23-2007, 01:40 PM   #191
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Yes he was a cheap bastard but what guy isn't?
I beg your pardon? Would you care to explain just what constitutes being a "cheap bastard"?
Old 06-23-2007, 02:02 PM   #192
skysidhe

ahh lol.....ah no not really.

I plead the 5th on details.

.....but I'll give you a hint. I go too far in the opposite direction of not appearing financially needy. I would cut off my very nose to spite my face.
Let's just say I can be a bigger man than my cheap bastard date. lol
Old 06-23-2007, 10:17 PM   #193
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That doesn't explain;
Quote:
Yes he was a cheap bastard but what guy isn't?
Old 06-24-2007, 09:29 AM   #194
skysidhe

I guess I'll have to retract that part Bruce I can't think of a good reason to stick to it.

.....but that isn't upsetting.

Today I have to type out the reasons why I am qualified for a job I am not really qualified for. Tomorrow I have a group interview. I've done panels before but not with peers. It's three and a half hours long and I am just not into it.

I am already hired as a substitute teachers assistant for the fall. I am looking for a part time steady hour position within that and have more confidence that this is the way I should go. The other job is a crap shoot. It's like playing the lottery. If I go I go just for the experience.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:03 AM   #195
Griff
still says videotape

I am truly upset. I was expecting my certification letter in the mail. I just got a letter from the state ed dept explaining that I wouldn't be getting my certification until I take a super secret extra-special test. A test which will not be available until August. I've worked within the system. I drove almost 2 hours one way for a full semester after graduation to finish all my requirements. The cert officer at the Uni said I was all done. The system was bad enough when the democrats owned it but now that the GOP connected ETS is in the mix any wavering off the normal path is punished... severely.

Tags
swiss