The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #6046
monster
I hear them call the tide

Jinx, I'm sorry. I know it's probably no comfort, but the fact that people are telling you what he said is probably an indication that they can see past his POV and think he is being a jerk to you. If enough people think that there's a chance he may come to realize it too. I think my dad is, nearly 20 years after we parted ways. We'll never be close, but there is hope for "not dead to each other", and there may be for you too.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #6047
SamIam

My neighbor across the street had all her presents for her grand-babies in the back seat of her car waiting to be mailed the next day. Unfortunately, a couple of juvenile Scrooges broke into her car and stole them. Now the little kids won't be getting anything from grandma. I'd have liked to see the look on those asshole's faces when they saw that they had made off with a bunch of little girls' dresses and baby blankets and baby toys.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #6048
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Sorry to hear the news Jinx. Like you need more stress. Peace.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #6049
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

My Secret Santa didn't arrive.
I feel like crying.
I've been logging on for weeks now, hoping to see a message from the recipient, but it's too late now.

I did post it late. But as far as I remember it had at least 3 weeks to get there.
Which is plenty of time.

Gutted for the person receiving, who no doubt was as excited every day as I was.
Gutted for myself, having let someone down so badly.
And just generally upset at good intentions that have come to nothing.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #6050
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Now, SG, don't take on so. If I were the recipient (and who knows, maybe I am?!) I'd be looking forward to a surprise package to brighten that post-Christmas tristesse which we all get ...
Old 12-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #6051
monster
I hear them call the tide

Have they posted to say they haven't got anything yet? And it isn't too late in the US, yet.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #6052
GunMaster357
Professor

One more year on my shoulders...
Old 12-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #6053
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Better than a year on your knees, I bet.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #6054
Nirvana
Back in 10

My sister totally ruined our Christmas dinner. I wish I knew if something is going on with her healthwise but she doesn't seem to want to share. Everyone arrived in the afternoon to my Mother's and she called my Mother and claimed my Mom told her 6pm. Well my mom always says come over anytime. I had asked this sister on FB when she was going to my Mom's in the am and she said between 4-6pm. Well she told my younger sister to be there at 6pm/ So these 2 sisters come after they had a week fighting over my niece's wedding. [ugh] These two apparently had made up.[maybe?]

My younger sister who is also an Aunt to this niece went with her to try on her wedding dress not inviting the Mother [my other sis] maybe because the Aunt wanted to pay for the dress and my niece was being an opportunist because she knew her own Mom could not afford said dress. So me being the kind shoulder when my sister called crying saying they did not invite her for this moment , I calmed her down and prevented her from emailing her daughter a nasty venom filled email.

So why when she comes to our mother's house is it such a big deal what time to be there? No one cared when they came but when I mentioned she said 4-6 her response to me was fuck you she yelled at my mother saying she told her 6pm and that she was old and could not remember shit and out the door she went leaving us all thinking WTF?
Old 12-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #6055
Nirvana
Back in 10

Should I mail her gifts or give them to the poor?
Old 12-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #6056
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

I'm sorry Nirvana, that really sucks.
Be the bigger person, if possible deliver the presents. You don't need to stay, just drop by and say "here I wanted you to have these" and leave. If she really is going through health issues, then she needs you all to be there for her all the more, even if she is being a bitch. Hopefully she'll come around and tell you whats wrong.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #6057
Griff
still says videotape

mtp seems wise on this one. I'm sorry for your pain.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:03 AM   #6058
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Mum flipped out over Christmas dinner and yet somehow it's all now my fault.
Neither of my parents are talking to me.
The last thing Mum said to me was something about Dad not putting cutlery on the table, "He thinks we eat with our fucking hands obviously!"

It's been building for a while because of her bruised leg.
Since I've lived here we've gone out on Christmas Eve, into town and had a meal and drinks. Nothing fancy, just a pub meal, but it's kinda traditional now (Ste joined us last year and it was lovely, I posted pictures somewhere).

This year she decided that as it hurts to sit down (despite spending all week on the sofa) she wouldn't be going out. Dad wouldn't go without her. So they gave me some money and sent me into town to go alone. The money bit was nice, but it isn't possible to be alone on Christmas Eve, surrounded by people absorbed in friends and family, and not feel lonely. She asked me to bring them a Subway back, so I walked into town, got us all Subways and came home.

Christmas Day we were all going to go down the Dairy Maid for a drink.
No, Mum decided she couldn't risk it.
Dad and I went alone at her behest.
She was grumpy when we came back.

She got worse as the day went on, despite Dad helping in the kitchen and me calling, asking if I could help (ignored). Then there was the debacle of he table, where everything Dad did was wrong, and Mum shouting at him.

By the time we sat at the table I was almost tearful. Nothing had gone as planned, Mum was FURIOUS and still making nasty asides. I was finding it hard to eat. I did not say a word. She stormed out into the kitchen, halfway throught the meal and started washing up. And that was that. I couldn't eat any more - Dad took away both our nearly full plates. I asked if there was anything I could do - no said Dad - you'll just make it wirse.

We sat and watched Christmas TV while Mum sat in her room.
Since then, neither parent has spoken to me.
I've been hiding out in my room. Mum disappeared for hours yesterday and has been gone for hours today. No idea where (Dad is gone too). I suspect Mum has made the decision not to wash any of my clothes, given a comment she made to Dad. Yeah good luck - when I'm not at school I slob about in the same outfit for two days at a time. I'm sure one pair of knickers a day will make a huge ifference to your martyr's load!

Sigh.
I don't understand how she can possibly have translated her own 2 hour bitching session into something I have done wrong.

My sister and family were due here this afternoon/ evening.
I have a horrible suspicion that this has either been cancelled or relocated without my knowledge.
I'm trying to be kind, but I think I'll probably get drunk instead.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:38 AM   #6059
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Gotta take all these fucking decorations down and store them now. Next year: NOT SO MUCH.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:48 AM   #6060
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Sounds pretty shitty Sundae. Hope it all calms the fuck down for New Years.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss