The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 07-18-2003, 03:26 PM   #31
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

After I calmed down a little I digged a little deeper, and the main domain, raven.codenamex.com, belongs to a woman who (apperantly) is a pen pal. She is probably the one sending him the mails and creating the webspace for him.

Now I'm left with no recourse. I can't stop him from writing people, I can't stop her from putting anything she wants on her own webpage, and I have no idea what she knows about him or the entire situation. I don't know if she would search for me on his behalf. I feel better that he doesn't have direct access, but I'm still troubled by the fact that he's got webspace through this woman who seems to be good intentioned, but more than likely misled.

Did a yahoo search on the email address referenced on the page, and they don't have a profile or any other reference. Probably something she created for him to facilitate the pen pal thing.

I'm still upset, but slightly mollified. I think the biggest thing was the shock of seeing it out of the blue. I don't know. I'm still shaken up and now I'm looking for me all over the internet to see if I can find me.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 05:06 PM   #32
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Life, with no parole. Prison is not the place to be for a pretty, alpha, male. So he's building a fantasy world courtesy of some gullible bimbo. His real world is quite another matter. No matter how bad he is, there's always someone badder to make him do things he doesn't want to do.
There was a guy in these parts called the Mudman. He was bad. He was the baddest. Now he's dead because, lo and behold, there was someone even badder than he was. I don't think even his mother shed a tear.
The Lord works in mysterious ways, so fuck him and keep your life on track. The best revenge is living well.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:37 PM   #33
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I agree, and I've thought relatively little about him, until I was smacked in the face with his picture today. At this point I think I'm becoming ok with it, I'm fairly convinced he doesn't have direct access, and since I'm moving anyway, it's not as much of a deal.

I can't find me by name, and wasn't an internet geek when the whole Justin thing came down, so he doesn't know the OC name, or my Ham Radio callsigns, which are the only 2 ways I can find me. I'll just be more careful from here out. Perhaps this was just a rude but harmless awakeniing to the fact that I need to be more cautious.

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 07-19-2003, 09:00 AM   #34
Tobiasly
hot

OC, I did a bit more digging around, and it appears that you can probably have this website shut down if you want to.

The IP address for raven.codenamex.com is 24.221.72.75. A reverse DNS lookup reveals this net block belongs to a Sprint Broadband service, sprintbbd.net (specifically, cpe-24-221-72-75.mi.sprintbbd.net is the host name).

This service's Acceptable Use Policy is here . Although it comes with 6MB of web space, this person is running a server directly from their Sprint broadband connection, which is prohibited under 1.1.21 of the Policy (emphasis mine):

Quote:
When using the Service, you may not: ... run programs or servers that provide network services to others through the Services which <B>includes, but is not limited to, web hosting</B>, multi-user interactive forums, game servers, operating an internal mail/http/ftp/irc/dhcp server to serve external connections or support multi-user interactive forums
So, it's your call how far you want to take it; you may end up pissing them both off, even though there's (hopefully) no way they would either know it was you for sure, or be able to track you down. If you do decide to take action, you can get hold of Sprint here .
Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 10:41 AM   #35
juju
no one of consequence

She'll just put the website up on her 6 meg Sprint web space, or on a geocities account or something.

Aren't you guys for free speech?
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 11:06 AM   #36
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Juju, I think the main issue here is that Onyx fears for her safety, as this guy is a bad dude. The rights of Onyx trump this turd's rights any day, given that he is in prison, therefore, he loses some of his rights. Plus, the initial issue was "Is this guy able to use the internet in prison?"

I dunno how I feel about prisoners being able to use the internet. While I feel it could be a valuable tool, there is the concern that prisoners could continue their "enterprise" behind bars.

Onyx, I know this guy is scum around the toilet bowl, but I would just let him carry on his delusion. He will never be back on the streets to threaten you and your family. He has yet to initiate any kind of contact with you (right?). And you've given yourself a low profile in case he does try to contact you. Not to mention, I suspect that if you do anything to try and have that site shut down, you'll be one of the first people suspected of it, and then he (or someone on his behalf) WILL try to look for you.

If anything, if you can somehow find it within you, laugh at that website. Laugh at his outright patheticness, chuckle at the fact that he'll never meet the transsexual of his dreams, howl at the fact that he'll never see the outside again.

You sound like you're on the right path with your life, Onyx. Let this situation be a mere roadside attraction that's not worth stopping to see.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 09:32 PM   #37
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Last month, my exhusband (Mark, the 3rd ex) called me and warned me a Private Investigator had contacted him and was looking for me on behalf of a lawyer, would was representing Travis (my first ex, subject of much discussion on this thread). Seems the last address I can be traced to is my first apartment after leaving Mark, in Vegas.

I created a yahoo address with a New Zealand domain and Mark gave it to the PI. The PI emailed me, and asked me if I knew about any sexual abuse in his childhood. I created a reply, emailed it to Mark, who in turn, logged into the NZ yahoo account, and pasted it, then sent it.

(I went through all that to make sure the header of the email would have the lv.cox.net address, indicating Las Vegas, and it was generated from a Las Vegas IP).

I received an email back from the PI thanking me, and I thought that was it.

Tonight, for shit's and giggles, I went back the that account and logged in, to find the following email in that box:
Quote:
I'm the lawyer representing Travis that (the PI) referred to in his first email to you. Thanks for responding to (the PI's) email, and I don't think we will be needing any other information from you about that. I will not be passing on any contact information concerning you to Travis.

I was talking to Travis today, and he asked me to ask you if you would mind sending him information on how Justin is doing. He does not want Justin to have contact with him, because he does not think it would be good for Justin. However, Travis has been thinking about Justin and wondering how he was, both physically and mentally. He was wondering if Justin ever ended up
needing eye surgery, for instance. If you would mind even just
replying to this email, and giving me some information about Justin, and I would be happy to pass it on to Travis.

Thanks again for being kind enough to respond to us.

Sincerely,
(attorney's name)
This is the same man that, when I told him I was pregnant, said, "Is it too late for you to get an abortion?" The same person that ultimately pushed me to give Justin to Travis' aunt (we were homeless because he wouldn't work), and the same person that physically and emotionally abused me for over 2 years.

After I had returned to England with Justin, I sent him a picture of Justin and a picture of Stonehenge. He sent the picture of Justin back and said he didn't care about him, but would I send a few more of Stonehenge?

My quandry is this:
This woman is an attorney. Should I send a letter (through Mark) to her, telling her Justin is just fine, thank you, or should I just ignore the letter altogether? My fear is that the attorney will become agressive ans start looking for Justin. Travis *IS* the boy's father, and I'm unclear about his rights, even though he's incarcerated for life, no possiblity of parole. Does he have a right to know where he is? His condition? Can the attorney pursue that? Wouldn't that put both of us in danger?

The easy answer is send a brief letter, but on the other hand, I don't want to start a precedent of giving him any information he asks for.

Help.

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 09-14-2003, 09:45 PM   #38
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Tell him briefly how Justin is doing and leave it at that. Though your ex is a piece of shit, be a better human being than he is.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 10:07 PM   #39
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
This is the same man that, when I told him I was pregnant, said, "Is it too late for you to get an abortion?" The same person that ultimately pushed me to give Justin to Travis' aunt (we were homeless because he wouldn't work), and the same person that physically and emotionally abused me for over 2 years.
After I had returned to England with Justin, I sent him a picture of Justin and a picture of Stonehenge. He sent the picture of Justin back and said he didn't care about him, but would I send a few more of Stonehenge?
I'd send that to the lawyer.

And how does a lifer pay a lawyer?
Old 09-14-2003, 10:32 PM   #40
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Geez...I've missed a lot since I started this thread.

This guy is seriously fucked up...more than I'd even been able to gather from your initial posts, if that is possible. Sometimes, I'm hopelessly naieve, even where murderers are concerned.

OC, I think I'd forward a message through the intermediary lawyer (since you are certain you have covered your tracks well enough), but at the end of that message I would make some sort of statement along the lines of "this is the last such inquiry I will answer, do not try to contact me again."

I think this poor excuse for human debris needs to be out of your mind forever. It is the quickest path to healing. You owe him *nothing*, and further contact with him can only be bad for both you and your son.

Good luck. You are a very strong person, and you should be very proud of how you've conducted yourself in light of the horrifying experiences you've had.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:40 PM   #41
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

It just now occurred to me to ask...why did the PI want to know about sexual abuse in Travis' past? What possible bearing could this have on anything at this point? Is Travis suing someone?

This couldn't be background work for an appeal or anything, I hope?
Old 09-14-2003, 11:50 PM   #42
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Gods, I hope not.

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 09-29-2003, 06:45 PM   #43
daniwong
Vice-President of Resentment

Onyx - I live in Oregon. I remember when this happend. OMFG. Sadly - enough I think - I know some people in the Oregon Penn. (They deserve to be there - not nearly as much as that son of bitch does - but they deserve it none the less) Oh my God. I don't know what else to say except that I prayed to the good spirits to protect you and give you strength when I read that post.

(And - as a side note on his link - I think he's butt ugly and I bet he's someone's bitch which is why he has that page to begin with - needs to think that he's a man. He's not. He's not even human.)
Old 09-30-2003, 09:59 AM   #44
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

OC,
I just spent two hours reading this thread and am flabbergasted. Life has sure dealt you a shitty hand so far, except for your recent marriage . I hope for you this one is the real deal. I don't even really know what to say except that you seem like a strong, solid, healthy person now and I applaud you for that. When I hear such a horrific tale as this it makes my measly woes seem irrelevent in the scheme of things. By your overcoming and moving on, I feel hope that I can "not sweat the small stuff" and try to live life in a more positive manner. Please don't take my post as turning attention to me, but I just want to let you know that even though I don't know you personally you have impacted me by surviving such bad things and turning out to be such a good, caring, friendly person.

I'm curious, what did you end up doing? Did you get word to the lawyer that Justin is OK, did you not make any further contact? I really don't know what I would do in this situation. I think I would send the lawyer a note saying that you have no interest in relaying any info. about your child to the "shitbag" in prison and that if he wanted to know how his son was he should of thought of that 12 years ago. I'd add the part about..."This is the same man that, when I told him I was pregnant, said, "Is it too late for you to get an abortion?" The same person that ultimately pushed me to give Justin to Travis' aunt (we were homeless because he wouldn't work), and the same person that physically and emotionally abused me for over 2 years. After I had returned to England with Justin, I sent him a picture of Justin and a picture of Stonehenge. He sent the picture of Justin back and said he didn't care about him, but would I send a few more of Stonehenge?" for good measure. I really don't know though, something like this may just make "the asshole" more curious.

I was also curious (but if you'd rather not discuss it I would fully understand)...about Justin. Does he live with you now? Does he have any guilt feelings (for lack of better words) about what happened, I mean like feeling he was in some way responsible for his dad's (I can hardly bring myself to call this "sick-ass, murdering, piece of shit" someone's 'dad') behavior? Does he show any signs that he might consider himself a "bad seed" and think he might end up like "sperm donor"? I am in no way insinuating that this is likely to happen, but I remember seeing shows about children who are the product of a rape and when they learn of the circumstances of their conception they feel like they are not worthy human beings and other things along the "bad seed" line and go on to have mental and behavioral problems that affect their lives. I was just wondering if this might be true of a child whos parent commited a horrible crime like murder.

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 10:07 AM   #45
dave

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
irrelevent
That would be "irrelevant"...

Quote:
whos
and "whose".