The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2017, 11:31 AM   #1
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Alaska

I got an itinerary for a trip to Alaska for 10 days to see the cost and what it could possibly include. SO MUCH TO DO! I am quite excited, but it's so expensive that I can't justify booking it until 2019. It gives me next year to pay off all my trips from this year.

There's some white water rafting in there - Um, no. It's about halfway through the trip, so I am thinking of just skipping it and just taking a rest day. There's also a hotel booked for like 10 hours on the last night/day. I think a better choice would be to go straight to the airport since it seems most of them leave early in the AM (like 1:30).

Over half the price of the National Geographic trip I was going to go on, but seems like more to do.

I am still debating on Main cabin vs First class. I don't know that First class will be worth it except for not having to worry about food. But, I can always buy food, right? I've never flown first class. I am thinking that it might be better to put that money to premium seats on the train rides so I can be in the best viewing areas. I'm probably just going to sleep on the plane.

Still think it's a good trip. Something to look forward to!!

Anyone ever been? Tips? Ideas? Etc? I know it's a while away, but I'm excited NOW!